Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 voltra birthday hangout!!!!! art freebies , come chat anytime :-)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:16:39 )
Gotcha. Know what you feel like eating?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:17:38 )
Hmmm..... I haven't thought one tbh lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:18:52 )
Alrighty then. xD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:26:10 )
"Don't ask your questions to the wall..."

The treatment I'm aiming to get is $300-$400 for the initial visit - which includes a blood drawing and a prescription. I have to visit again every 3-4 months after that, which will cost $130-$200 for those visits... though, these prices are just purely out of pocket costs, no insurance involved. I'm hoping it's cheaper with my insurance, since my insurance DOES cover this treatment, I just don't know how to gauge the specific price for this specific Planned Parenthood clinic x_x

"They keep their secrets locked inside."

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:31:33 )
Wow, sounds pretty pricey, but good to know that your insurance covers at least part of that. Is it for hormone treatment? If that's too personal, sorry. ^^;

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:34:29 )

It is for hormone treatment!! I'm planning on starting testosterone, and now that I'm on my mom's insurance, it should be a lot more affordable - I'll find out how affordable in the next week. The other good news is, my mom's offered to pay for the treatment itself - using her flexible spending account that she's made for medical costs of her kids ;;w;;

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:41:22 )
Awww, that's wonderful of her to do that for you!! <333 Supportive parents like that make me so happy. :D

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:43:29 )

She even offered to pay my aunt's gas money to take me to the clinic itself since my grandpa's been swamped with work ;w;
I'm really glad I can start this in the near future, 'cause I've wanted to start T since I first came out really ;;;w;;

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:48:16 )
Is it a far drive to the particular clinic you're going to? I've read some stories where people had to travel great distances to get to a Planned Parenthood for the various treatments they needed, and it just breaks my heart that some have to do that.

But yay for supportive moms! How long have you been out?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:51:09 )

It's about an hour or so to get to the nearest Planned Parenthood - the next closest PP that does it doesn't even offer LGBTQ services like HRT - so I'm very lucky in that case >w>

I've been out since I was 14yrs old, so 7 years! Man, I feel old now lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:55:23 )
Oh, that's not too terrible then! Glad it's not too far out.

looool, I hear you on the feeling old statement. xD I'll be 30 at the end of the month, and hearing certain things are x years old or thinking about different points in my life makes me feel old hahaha.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 02:58:05 )

The next closest one that does HRT is like, in a whole other state >w>;;

It's so weird to think I've been out for 7 years, it just feels like I've been out all my life, really haha

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:03:48 )
Oh wow. D: Insurance out-of-state is really tricky, I know. Which is dumb, because say you're on vacation and something happens where you need to go to the hospital...insurance probably won't even cover that visit. :L GUESS I'LL DIE THEN!!

lol I feel like 14-21 are really formative years, so that makes sense to feel the way you do.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:03:56 )

[opens Common orb]
"You received Eclipse"

o▽o??

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:04:49 )

Yeah, my insurance is..technically out-of-state, - my mom lives in Texas and has insurance through Texas, and I live in Oklahoma (somehow got on her insurance anyways???)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:07:21 )
Congrats on that orb win!

Oh, well that's cool? I have a friend who relocated from Kentucky back to his home state in Georgia, and getting his insurance changed over sounds like a nightmare. He recently had to go to the ER too, so that's another headache he has to deal with. x-x

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:09:23 )

That sounds like such a pain >w>;;
I'm glad I have no plans to move out of Oklahoma, 'cause it'd be so hard to sort out insurance for that. I'm having a hard time already with it, and I haven't even moved lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:13:26 )
lol yeah, can we just have our universal healthcare yet?
Oh wait, rich people don't want that, because it means taking care of the poor too. >.>
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:14:38 )

God I want universal healthcare so bad. I'm worried that I'll end up having a medical emergency and be in debt forever >_>;;

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:14:42 )
I’m home from work

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.