Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 Event Hangout: ~page prizes!~ RNG prizes ~ Come Chat- all welcome!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 13:50:40 )
My dogs woke me up this morning by jumping on the bed, licking my face, and digging in the covers. It was cute, but I too could have used a little more sleep. Good thing I don't really have to do much today.

Except get more coffee. brb.
edit: @Another Movie Addict: I'm back

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 14:53:37 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@wildfire: good morning wildfire ^^
u seem to be up relatively early for a sunday !
doggy alarm clock :3 what kind of dogs do u have?

any plans for today ?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:00:33 )
@xvz: Good morning. I'm up about the regular time - Sunday or not ;)
I have two dogs - one is a lab-beagle mix and the other is a staffordshire terrier pitbull. They are sweet but can be a little much when they're suddenly jumping on your bed since they're 60# each!!

My plans for the day- I was actually just thinking about that. I don't know. I have some stuff to do online, some stuff I should do around the house, and some other stuff I'd like to do (like go to the park or a beach) except for the people who are probably overrunning those places right now.

You?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:08:27 )

haha i tend to wake up late so anytime before 10 or 11am feels early to me

omg ur dogs sounds so cute n sweet!! i love pit bull terriers they’re so cute!!! my first fl neighbor has one who’s a puppy and i ran into them on my out yesterday, i got to pet her a little and it made me v happy lol

they sound like a Very heavy weighted blanket lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:10:25 )
LOL - yes, when they sit still long enough to BE a blanket! Usually when the come in to wake me up they bounce all over the place though. It's a little chaotic.

Puppy loves are the best!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:10:39 )

ahh it is labor day weekend :0
will u get tomorrow off work or anything?

todayy i have a call w a friend in the early afternoon, and watching a tv show w a friend at night (over the internet)
i miiight try to do some apartment stuff between today and tmr, like some plant care/repotting, rearranging my kitchen a little, etc
i need to put up a shelf but i don’t wanna be overly ambitious abt it lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:11:29 )

omg i’m picturing it! i can imagine them being p high energy
they’re just so excited to see u today lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:13:38 )
Yeah, it is Labor Day weekend. Ugh.
I don't usually work in the usual sense, so today and tomorrow will be no different for me, really.
It sounds like you have a few little things going on - enough to keep you busy without being stressful.
And yes, the dogs always like to see us - they get very cute and quite energetic. Then they flop. On us, preferably!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:19:04 )

aawwww!!!!! thanks for sharing pix i love them may i ask what are their names?
they can flop on me anytime lol give them an extra pet for me pls!!!

mm it sounds like u keep a p good routine wo needing too much external structure! i hope i can find somewhere nice to go wo it being too crowded :0

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:22:26 )
They are Lexi (black female lab/beagle) and Jax (tan male pittie). I will definitely give them extra pets!

I try to keep a good routine, but I end up online a little too much tbh. But sometimes that's just so much more preferable to doing other things, especially when those things inevitably make you sweaty and gross! Bleh.

So what do you do for a job, if you don't mind my asking? And have I asked whether or not you have any pets?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:26:52 )

ooh cool names ^^ how long have u had them?

yeah the enticing calls of the internet sirens are hard to resist lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:30:42 )
@xvz: LOL @ internet sirens - that is a very good way to put it! It doesn't help that I do have legitimate things to do online!
The dogs are both 6yrs old. We adopted them from rescues when they were puppies. :)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:31:06 )

hmm i was hesitant to share abt work on voltra at first but i think i’ve already mentioned it once or twice on here so i guess the seal is broken anyway lol
i work in machine learning/tech, i’m v lucky to have been wfh for most of this year and will be for the foreseeable future :0 it’s def been making me focus on making my apt a nice place to be in more hehe i like homey/cozy spaces!

and i wish!! i live in an apt in an urban city environment so it’s a bit hard for me personally to do pet care conveniently wo a car (for pet supplies, vet visits, etc) and i think i’m in a phase of life where i’d want to travel or move and wouldn’t wanna stress out a pet that way ... but i def look forward to a future phase of life where i have pets :-))

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:33:53 )

aha it’s hard cuz it’s like ur already online ... goof off opportunities are right there .... will u answer their calls ... lol
what kinds of stuff do u have to get done?

aww that’s sweet <3 rescue puppies ....
must take some more work to train puppies but i’m guessing is worth it ? :-)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:39:14 )
Oh yeah, that makes sense and it sounds like you're being very realistic about not having pets right now. There was a long time that I didn't either - for some of the same reasons you mention. Yes - rescue puppies! <3

That's awesome that you can work from home so much. You talk about your work like you enjoy it and that it's fairly secure - that's really good!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:43:32 )
... "have to" get done might be a little strong a term, but I have been trying to teach myself Italian through sites like DuoLingo (& other ways), and I have a couple of web sites that I have some responsibility for.

Yes, training the puppies was an interesting experience and although we tried hiring a trainer to help, we're not sure it really worked as well as it could have. So we're chalking that up to the learning curve of not having had dogs in several years. We lost at least two chairs from the kitchen table when they were in their "nom everything!!!" phase, which we would have preferred not to be the case, but "puppy accidents" could have been so much worse!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:44:39 )

yeah i think some day when my lifestyle is more relaxed i’d love to have a cat and a dog!! and maybe a bird lol
it is responsibility to have living creatures depend on u and i wanna make sure i can be there for them :0
plus it’s harder to take trips w pets right? well, not that i would be anytime soon anyway lol

haha i appreciate that
i actually wasn’t too fond of my workplace at first but i think i’m slowly coming around to it

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:47:39 )

oohh cool! what’s the motivation for italian? :-)
i tried duolingo for spanish and was good at keeping up w it for a while but eventually dropped off... but 5-10 minutes before bed was a good routine for me :0

aww nom everything!! lol rip ur chairs tho!
haha when i was petting my neighbors puppy yesterday he was like oh gotta be careful she sometimes pees a little when she’s too excited Lol
i was like lol alright , i got my pets in and i don’t wanna get peed on rn hahaha

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:51:14 )
Yes, I think it's important to be committed to your pets if you're going to have them - otherwise, what's the point? They are living, breathing, thinking, feeling beings and that needs to be acknowledged, IMO. That said, you don't need to be overindulgent or completely tethered to them -you can still travel a bit, etc.- but you should be there for them :3

So you haven't been working there for long?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 15:53:52 )
Italian because I like languages and figured "why not"? Also because I learned French in high school but was getting really frustrated at myself when trying to brush up on it - too much "but I should KNOW that!" thing going on- so I thought I'd change to a completely different, but semi-related language.

LOL - yes, puppies tend to do that sometimes. Our girl sometimes still does that if we leave her with the sitter and then come back after going away (we don't do this very often).

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.