Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 Event Hangout: ~page prizes!~ RNG prizes ~ Come Chat- all welcome!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 13:09:50 )
@0v7:
@Starlight:
I was wondering about the NPCs too, since I knew a few of them still didn't have an item released, but really thought I saw somewhere that there would be 12 items released for this event. So either I can't read or I mis-read?!

Good morning everyone.

Questions (optional, of course)-
- Which NPC will have their item released next?
- How many pages do you think we'll add to the thread today?
- What's the weather doing where you are?
- Sink, swim, boat, or float? - what's your preference when in the water?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 14:02:12 )
*do not remember the names of the NPCS * xDDD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 14:37:40 )
@TeaTales: I don't either other than most of them start with V. It's just not something I'm particularly interested in remembering.
So how are you today?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 15:11:24 )
@wildfire: hahah same. I sometimes wish there was some sort of 'meet the npcs' list here on voltra though so I could get to read about the npcs

Im fine today, just spendt money on a bunch of makeup and latex for the digital LARP on saturday, despite I still have some skin-friendly latex, I would rather be on the safe side, + with this new makeup I might be able to color the ears properly. Should probably get started on working on some small boney things for my face, but still got plently of time for that ^^;

though had some nastyness in my breakfas t this morning... it should taste of oats.... it instead suddenly had a very nasty pea-like taste so ended up throwing it out in case it had gone bad. sincethen just oogling about planning out my characters travel ad precauions for said travel as she got to meet some higher ups.... * slightly tempted to see if I can get an outfit together that represent them or their alterego on my mule and main*

how about you? hows yoyr day been?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 15:55:14 )
@TeaTales: That sounds like fun - it sounds like you have a lot of creative things to do!

I'm doing ok, thanks. It's overcast and rainy here right now, and I'm trying to figure out my "to do" priorities, which probably means going to the grocery store again. It seems like that's all I do, really - buy food, cook food, clean up food. *groan* Otherwise, I have to deal with some technology issues - software, etc.

But I just talked with a friend and we're chatting about some creative projects to do together, so that should definitely be fun, if we can coordinate our time to do it!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 16:40:34 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: I can't find anything that says that :0 Then again, the FAQ doesn't mention how many items at all... but I'm guessing it's 15, one for each NPC. Oh, and by the way, you can see all the NPCs in the emoji picker - I.. still have no idea who hasn't gotten an item though, lol

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 16:52:27 )
@wildfire: its been surprisingly sunny and almost hot here today. ah yes with covid-19 I know the feeling of the groceries-food-clean-sleep routine it gets rather tedious.

oh software? Hope you ad your friend can coordinate something.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 16:55:21 )

Which NPC will have their item released next? Maybe Virgil? Does he have an item out yet lol
How many pages do you think we'll add to the thread today? Hmm, 15??
What's the weather doing where you are? It's cloudy, a bit cooler out lately too, which is nice.
Sink, swim, boat, or float? - what's your preference when in the water? Swim, though only if I'm alone in the water.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 19:21:45 )
@0v7: I had to have misread or misremembered something. It happens. And yes, it makes sense that there will be an item for each of the NPCs - partly why I was confused before about stopping at 12 items. Oh well.

What do you mean "swim but only if you're alone in the water"? - alone in terms of people, wildlife?

@TeaTales: Yes, it does get tedious. And I just haven't had it in me recently to do anything else, really - it's like all my energy goes to that and I just don't have any left over for anything else that I'd like -or even need- to do. It's hard to tell whether or not I just need to shake myself out of whatever this is, or if I'm really that exhausted and let myself rest. And it's all entirely too ironic given we've been on lockdown for most of the last year!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 19:24:49 )

@Wildfire: I don't like swimming with other people generally - or maybe I just haven't swum with people who respect personal space? >w>;;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 19:25:38 )
@0v7: Ahhh ... that. Yeah, I get that. It's no fun when you have people jumping all over you, splashing you, etc.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 19:28:40 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, I really dislike people in my personal space, especially when I'm swimming >w>;;
I did get to swim a couple times without invasions of personal space this year though! I hope next year I can swim more without..that. =v=;

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 20:38:18 )

Finally ripped apart my profile code and made it easier to swap in/out colors! Now to fix... Boris and Sunny's profile code up to be able to do the same.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 20:58:45 )

Oof. I have been so busy. I haven’t had a chance to catch up on the event items....

bloop

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 21:35:32 )
@0v7: sorry for the late reply - I didn't get the @ping!
I understand about the swimming - and the personal space thing!
Congrats on getting your profile page to work the way you want it. Are you helping set up other peoples' profiles too?

@Bonnie: well, busy can be good - if you enjoy whatever is keeping you busy (which I hope you are)! There's still time for the event and the items, fortunately. I need to go get something cooking for dinner, but after the initial chopping of things, I should be around for a little while, willing to chat if you'd like!

We can play a game, if anyone would like. And I was thinking about setting up a RNG game, so let's do that -

RNG 1-100, the first person to get the number 55 wins ... something!

Also -page prize(s) to be awarded to random poster(s) on page 100- whenever we get there

0 2 5 9 1 4 1 3 6
0v7 generated a random number between 1 and 100; Resulting In 25
Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 21:45:46 )

@Wildfire: I'm sort of helping my alters with their profile page, 'cause the code was.....not good lol

0 7 7 9 6 6 1 8 8
0v7 generated a random number between 1 and 100; Resulting In 77
Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 22:07:14 )

Is...is it a bug for escaped \'s to disappear in the profile CSS section...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 23:33:57 )
@0v7: Ahh, I should have guessed that those were your other accounts. It didn't for some reason! Concerning the bugs... maybe? It's not uncommon for apostrophes to do weird thing to code, including CSS. You probably need to delimit it. Try using a "/" before it (if I remember my CSS code correctly)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 23:58:09 )

@Wildfire: @/vitreus isn't technically my account - I have Dissociative Identity Disorder, which means I have alters - here's more info about that on this site. Said alters wanted their own account for...dress up purposes??? I have no idea why they wanted to join Voltra too lol

As for the CSS code, I'm using is a psuedo-element - specifically,
#voltie .voltie_pronouns::before { content: '\\A Fronting: '; white-space: pre; }
. The part that isn't... entirely working correctly is that new line character in the content field, aka "\\A". Saving it removes the escape for the character, making it turn into "\A", effectively breaking it. There's a similar bug in forum signatures too, though the opposite effect - the /'s multiply when saved repeatedly. TwT

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 00:05:32 )
@0v7: ok. I'm on the same page now- thank you for clarifying that you were not talking about other accounts. Concerning the code, I don't know. I wish I did and could help but it's not in the cards, so to speak

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.