Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Eye for Medicine

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 07:58:36 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate looked at Kiah, and nodded.

"Hi, Kiah." he greeted her.

"I was told by Miss Alicja to get some fresh air, but I'm pretty sure that was meant as a catch-all for clearing my head." he told her.

"So... that would be wonderful, yes." he commented.

"And yes, you're right. I can, and it was nigh incomprehensible for me." he confirmed.

"...by the way, your life is burning admirably." he then complimented her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 08:02:09 )

"Come on, then. I can help." Kiah said with a chuckle.

"Assuming you trust a random lab tech." She added with a smirk, downplaying what her role was, quite seriously at that.

As they started walking, she paused a moment.

"I should hope it is. I'm a fire mage, and I wouldn't be suprised if part of what you see is mana." She commented honestly.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 08:10:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate sighed quietly.

"I see... well, a lot." he told her.

"And yes, I've learned that mana IS a big part of one's life force." he continued.

"...." he was then silent, biting his lip slightly.

"Not... not to alarm you, but.. it seems like there's... there might be something concerning in your health or aura." he told her.

"Like... I'm not sure what it is, but there's something... off... at your core. Does your family have a history of any sort of illness or genetic irregularities?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 08:13:38 )

Kiah paused before sighing.

".... well, yes, but no." She said as they were waiting for the elevator.

"I'm a Fyrane." She told him honestly.

"Our mana is literally cursed. It's tied to our souls, and I don't really know how to truncate it, if I'm being honest." She added

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 08:30:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...oh. I see." Nate replied.

"Well, that's... I'm sorry to hear that?" he said confusedly.

"At any rate, doesn't seem like it's much to worry about. It's small, and it seems like it's not threatening to get worse in any way." he assured her.

"Anyway, yeah, seeing Miss Terra was... difficult." he confirmed.

"I... blanked out for a period of time. I am... unsure as to how long." he admitted further.

"And I still feel a little... like there's some lingering presence, and I can almost sense her hovering over me, if that makes sense." he went on.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 12:13:37 )

Kiah paused for a fraction of a second as Nate said what he did, before just moving on. That was completely new, and something she'd never experienced before.

Not that she was complaining.

"I... really don't doubt it." Kiah admitted.

"Fyrane's can sense mana... and hers was a bit much even for me when I first met her. I can only imagine what it would be like to see it." She added.

"However, I think with exposure and whatnot, you should be able to come to terms with it, and not be so overwhelmed every time you see her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 16:54:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That would be great." Nate replied.

"And... it SHOULD happen, yeah." he agreed. "I just need to get used to the people here and such." he reasoned.

"But there will be a lot of 'firsts' here for me." he admitted.

"As Lunet has said, I've jumped into the deep end." he went on. "So I need to be prepared for almost anything." he continued.

"...never would have thought that meant meeting the very planet ITSELF, though."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 19:00:34 )

Kiah just laughed lightly.

"Yes. Yes you certainly have." she agreed before pausing.

"Terra's probably the ... most overwhelming, I think." She commented.

"Ah, right. You might want to prepare yourself." She continued.

"I'm not sure how she will look to you, but ... there's someone in the lab that has a very ......... .... she's probably going to just look weird,if I were to guess. Not otherworldy, or divine or anything though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 19:35:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate paused again.

"Er... all right." he said.

"Thanks for the warning." he told her.

He had to admit, he was VERY curious now. He had no idea what it was she could be referring to... and she didn't even know how to explain it to him, which made things even MORE confusing.

"I get the feeling I'll be given a lot of warnings here." he then mumbled.

"Not that I haven't already." he continued.

"But I mean.... a lot MORE."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 19:44:36 )

"I'm reasonably certain we've all got... weird lifesigns compared to the mortals." Kiah commented with a laugh as they reached a pair of large glass doors. She used her keycard to unlock them, and open them, before motioning fo rhim to head in.

"go on." She said simply.

"And sorry if it's a bit warm. We tend to keep the temp up a few extra degrees because of Ilias." she added as she followed him in, closing the door behind her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 20:18:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Nate muttered.

"I mean, yeah, it's a little on the warmer side, but... it's nothing TOO extreme. I'll be fine." he assured her.

"But because of Ilias?" he asked.

"Who's that?" he asked her. "And why does the temperature need to be higher for him?" he asked further.

"Or is this a case of it being easier to just meet him?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 20:23:39 )

"Ilias is a very very rare being." Kiah answered honestly as she made her way thgrough the lab, toward a door in the far corner.

"The belief is that they're extinct, but even when they weren't... males were unheard of." She continued as they walked.

"I'm not going to say anything more specific, out of respect for him though. If you meet him and he wants to tell ya, that's on him. Not my place."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 21:44:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I... ah... I see." Nate responded.

"That's... now I'm more curious than ever." he mumbled.

"I mean, what on earth-" he started to ask, before the man in question turned the corner, and almost ran INTO them.

"Oh! Hello!" he greeted them.

Instantly, Nate was taken aback... and he looked confused and shocked.

"....yes...?" Ilias asked, almost seemingly offended.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 21:48:24 )

"Hey there, Illi." Kiah greeted with a wave before pausing and looking to Nate.

"Meet Nathan. The intern in the Medwing that can see one's life." she added with a light chuckle.

"And he met terra." She then said. "So I'm getting some of those clarity mints for him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 21:53:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....oh!" Ilias then exclaimed.

"Sorry, sorry." Nate quickly apologised. "I was a bit surprised by-" he started to say, before Ilias raised a hand, palm out.

"Ah-ah-ah." he said.

"I understand now. It's cool." he told him.

"So. What does MINE look like?" he asked with a smirk.

"...like... almost like... a... stone statue... of... something maybe resembling a hydra...?" Nate replied confusedly.

Ilias just laughed a little at that description.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 21:57:08 )

Kiah paused to think about that.

"Not too bad at all." She commented.

"Not very surprising, either." She added with a light chuckle.

"Any ideas what he is?" She then asked, her voice curious before pausing and looking to Ilias.

"How's helena?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:36:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah..." Nate mumbled.

"I think... er... well, hm..." he murmured further.

Ilias just chuckled.

"She's fine." he said, tapping his head lightly. As soon as he did so, a gorgeous green snake slithered out from underneath his hair, and opened its mouth slight. It yawned.

"Woah!" Nate exclaimed.

"A snake?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:42:41 )

Kiah reach over and let Helena rest her head upon her hand.

"good. I know she wasn't feeling the best earlier." She added.

"And yes. A snake. This isn't the only one he has. There are.... 3?" She asked Ilias, not sure as to what the answer was for the moment.

"I see you without your hat so rarely."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:49:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The snake, Helena, looked very comfortable and relaxed on Kiah's hand, closing her eyes and almost looking ready to go to sleep.

"Now, now." Ilias said. "No sleeping on her hand right now." he warned.

"And 4, actually." he answered Kiah.

"...stone... multiple snakes..." he mumbled.

"A... Medusa?" he asked.

"Technically wrong." Ilias responded.

"I'm considered 'Gorgon-Spawn'."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 23:24:01 )

".... I keep forgetting about the one that likes to constantly hide." Kiah commented before looking to Nate.

"and Medusa was the name of one gorgon." she added.

"One of ... three sisters, I think." she added as she carefully took her hand back.

"regardless, yeah. He's a gorgon. Or at least close enough, being male."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.