Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Eye for Medicine

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 08:14:49 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He was silent for a moment, his mind in a bit of a daze, before a hand was placed on his shoulder, gently shaking him.

"...ude. Dude, come on." the one that owned the hand said. "Quit spacin' out and come on. You don't wanna get into trouble for lingering after class and missing another lecture." they said.

"Huh Wha!?" the one they were shaking groaned, before shaking his head and snapping back to reality.

"Ah!" he exclaimed. "Right!" he said further, shoveling his smaller items into the shoulder bag he had.

"Geez, space case..." the other person muttered, heading off.

The one they had 'woken up' then quickly grabbed the books he had off to the side and speed-walked out of the lecture hall, looking around and deciding on a direction to go. Once he did, he continued to walk, albeit at a slower pace than before, but still a quicker pace than your average person.

As he did, he sighed, as his mind started to wander a little, but more towards what his plans for the rest of the day were.

However, as a consequence of this, his mind became completely focused on that, and almost no attention was paid to where he was actually walking. More specifically, any obstacles that were in his way.

Even MORE specifically, the person that he had rammed directly into, causing them both to fall back on their asses.

"Agh!" he exclaimed, before noticing what he had done.

"Oh! Sorry-sorry-sorry!" he apologised frantically, as he looked at the debris that had been strewn about from their collision.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 11:48:09 )

She let out a bit of a cry of shock and a little of pain when she landed on her backside, hitting the lockers behind her.

"Ah!" She exclaimed.

"Ow." She muttered as she started to gather up her things, but also realising that there was a crack that they'd with that.

The red and white cane she had had cracked with the sudden landing.

As she realised that, she just sighed, heavily.

"You ok?" She then asked, not sure if the one that had knocked her down was even still there. She heard the apology, even though it didn't properly register for the moment, so she thought maybe he was. While she was speaking, she was starting to collect her things again, hoping to find everything without issues.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 00:27:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that had run into her now seemed to see that it was even WORSE that he ran into her, if that cane was anything to go by.

And his face paled a little.

"Don't... don't worry about me." he said.

"I'm SO sorry." he apologised profusely. "I... I should have been paying more attention to where I was going." he then admitted, shaking his head, guilt welling up in his conscience.

"Here, let me help." he then offered, gathering everything around that wasn't his... and should therefore be hers. Well, he was gathering what the young lady seemed to be missing.

"Again, I'm so very sorry." he apologised again.

"You're not hurt, are you?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 00:56:22 )

She was silent as he helped her to her feet and handed her her stuff before asking his question.

"No. Not at all. Well, my tailbone smarts from that landing, but I'm good." She said with a smile.

"Are you all right though? You sound a bit.... Panicked, actually. Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked, her voice soft, kind.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 01:19:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just sighed.

"I just gotta get to my next class." he told her.

"I've been late several times this month already, it wouldn't look good for me to make it a predictable trend." he said further.

"And Mrs. Gardens is a really nice and patient professor. I don't want to let her down." he lamented.

She knew that name.

In fact, she had that very same professor for the very same Language class he was talking about.

Which made it even MORE surprising that he was so panicked about getting there on time, considering hr class started 5 minutes later than other classes because she was so nice about late students.

But it also made the fact that he'd been late to her class a few times this month even MORE concerning.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 01:22:27 )

".... I'm heading there too." She commented with a laugh.

"Name's Lunet." She added with a smile.

"Let's walk there together." She added before pausing, giving the cane she had a good feel.

"But... let's stop by my locker first."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 01:45:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Nate mumbled.

"Oh... o-oh, okay then." he then stammered.

"And... and all right, sure." he said further, looking at the cane.

"I... uh..." he then started to say further, before sighing again.

"I can pay to replace that or repair that." he told her.

"It's clear you need it." he said further.

"And the collision I caused broke it." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 01:46:43 )

Lunet just shrugged with a light laugh.

"I'm a bit of a klutz." She told him.

"'I'm blind, so it stands to reason. Regardless, I have a bit of a collection of these things. Which yes, does mean I have a couple in my locker." She added.

"Now, let's go." She said before giving him the location of her locker, and the number.

"Lead the way, my good sir." She paused a moment, a hand behind her head.

"If.... if you'd be so kind."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 02:08:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh!" he said, before nodding slightly.

"Right." he told her. "Sure thing." he said further.

"...oh, and, uh, I'm Nathan." he then introduced himself, realising he hadn't properly done so before. "My friends call me 'Nate'." he continued. "Or, well, the closest I HAVE to friends, anyway." he muttered.

"But anyway, yeah, let's get going." he suggested, before starting to walk off... and then pausing.

"Er..." he muttered.

"Need a hand getting there?" he asked, stepping closer and seeing if she needed to put her hand on his shoulder or anything.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 02:15:27 )

Lunet just laughed lightly.

"That'd be fantastic. Halls are kinda busy." She commented honestly as she felt around, laying her hand on his arm.

"Let's go." She added, hooking her arm in his. It was the best way to not be separated, after all. She was reasonably sure that he was blushing, which was enough to make her snicker.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 02:40:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She may have been blind, but that didn't mean she wasn't perceptive.

Nate was, in fact, blushing. His face was a notable red, and he found himself with the inability to speak.

However, he cleared his throat (several times), and managed to lead Lunet to where her locker was. Once they were there, he stopped and made sure she was facing the locker.

"We're here." he said.

He then looked closely at the lock.

'Is there braille on it, or something...?' he wondered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 02:43:41 )

Lunet just chuckled.

"Puzzling about the lock?" She asked as she quickly reached her hand out and unlocked it, Nate completely unable to see it. She took it off and locked it before passing it over.

"Uses biometrics." She told him simply as she opened her locker, letting him see just how impecably clean it was in there.

"Best way for someone blind to be able to actually, y'know, proper;y use it. Plus it's more secure than a standard one." She added with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 03:10:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...oh, wow!" Nate exclaimed lightly.

"That is really neat." he said. "Seriously, that is a really cool lock." he told her. "And I bet it DOES come in handy. Lets you get in easily, and keeps others out more efficiently." he reasoned.

He then looked over to her locked, and raised an eyebrow.

"Also..." he mumbled.

"Your locker is... really REALLY clean." he commented.

"Seriously, it's... pretty amazing." he went on.

"I've never seen one so orderly and clean."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 03:12:37 )

Lunet just smirked.

"Two things: One - you want one?" She asked.

"I have a couple extras, as it was a four pack and I only needed two." She commented.

"And secondly, it has to be clean. I'd never find my stuff otherwise. I'm blind. If it's a mess, I sure as shit can't find anything." She added with a laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 03:39:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate chuckled in response.

"I mean, it'd sure as heck would be handy, I admit." he said.

"Be quicker than a combination lock, too." he reasoned.

"And I can well imagine." he continued.

"I'd imagine that if it were a mess and disorderly, everything would... well, blend together, I guess?" he went on.

"If you know what I mean?" he then said further.

"I have trouble phrasing things sometimes." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 03:40:50 )

Lunet paused a moment.

"I... wait. What?" She asked.

"Wht do you mean by 'blend together'?" She askedf, her voice curious as she swapped the canes and closed the locker. She locked it before facing him.

"You lost me with that one."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 04:01:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... hm." Nate muttered.

"I mean... well, it's like... I guess when you can't..." he stumbled over his words, before sighing.

"Right." he said.

"Before I potentially REALLY stick my foot in my mouth..." he mumbled further, sighing once more.

"Question." he said further.

"...how... how blind ARE you?" he asked.

"And feel free to... hit me or whatever if that's too personal." he added quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 04:03:16 )

Lunet just smirked.

"I'll show you when we get to the class." She said simply.

"I'd rather not do it in the halls." She added, not realising that she was making it sound like it was big deal or something.

After they reached the classroom and took a seat - Lunet being a stickler about sitting in the same back corner spot that she was usually in - she just smirked and took her shades off before looking to Nate. She knew he was doing something at the seat next to her, and wasn't looking at her as a result.

"When you want to see, look at me." She said simply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 04:23:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate was silent for a moment, before steeling himself.

He then turned around and looked at her... to come face-to-face with the eyes of someone that was blind.

Completely. 100%

No signs of reaction in that. At all.

"....!" he was silent, and suppressed an exclamation of surprise.

"I... I..." he stammered.

"But... you're..." he stammered further, before shaking his head.

"So... not a thing?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 04:25:32 )

"As I am, I have absolutely no vision whatsoever." Lunet said with a nod before replacing her shades.

"Doesn't bother me at all, but I've been told that the pure white eyes are freaky to others." She added with a shrug.

"Butyeah. Completely and utterly blind. I don't even have any light perception or whatever like most. Born this way." As she spoke, she was getting her stuff ready for the class, books, writing utensils, etc.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.