Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Eye for Medicine

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 23:57:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate just sighed.

"I know." he said.

"From what little I remember, it was... just in the nick of time, then." he said further.

"I'm relieved." he commented.

"I'm glad that she was saved." he continued.

"....not sure if I could have forgiven myself if she died because I froze up, even if... it wouldn't technically be any fault of mine..." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 00:02:31 )

"I'm gonna go clean up." Ebony said simply.

"You go do that." Angela said with a nod.

"I think Levi's going to hang around for a bit." She continued, addressing Nate, of course.

"So you might want to avoid there for awhile. Levi, I'm sure you could handle, I admit. Rebecca is the one that will likely be a problem."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 00:22:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah... yeah, all right." Nate responded.

"...thanks again." he then said to Ebony.

"You snapped me out of it back in the room, and more permanently out here." he told her.

He then paused for a moment.

"...wait..." he mumbled.

"Is that why my cheek is so sore, and stings?" he asked, not realising the cheek she had slapped was... quite pink.

"Does it have something to do with you managing to get me to say where Rebecca was injured?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 00:29:12 )

Ebony just laughed.

"I slapped you pretty hard. That cheek will be singing for awhile." Was all she said before walking off.

"... Thank you. Even with you saying where it was, we had a hard time finding it."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 00:50:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Nate was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"I see." he said.

"That's... alarming." he commented. "To put it bluntly." he said further.

"But she'll live, and that's what matters." he reasoned.

He was then silent, and looked at Angela.

"Never a dull moment here, is there?" he asked with a light laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 00:53:56 )

"No. there really isn't." angela agreed with a light sigh.

"If you feel you need to take the day, go ahead." She commented.

"I get how that was probably a bit much for you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 01:13:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate just sighed.

"I can't." he said.

"I mean, if I DID take a day, I'd probably still be here, as there's some... uh... well, it's party-time around my dorm, and while nobody's TOO rowdy, there's enough of it to make it hard to concentrate." he explained.

"So I'd probably still just be here." he said.

"And if I'm going to be HERE, I may as well work." he shrugged.

"At this point, I'm just counting the days until I'm away from those drunken parties and headache-inducing shenanigans."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 01:18:38 )

Angela just sighed.

"I really wish I could help." She said simply.

"It's not ... it's something I can completely understand." She continued. "as I had to deal with that too when I was in school."

"However, if you want to take the day and, instead, go and just study or what-have-you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 01:37:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Thank you." Nate replied.

"Odds are I'll squirrel myself away to that little desk in the storage area, and work there, stepping away from time to time to put away more of the shipments that have recently come in." he told her.

"As a study-break kinda thing." he reasoned.

"....." he was then silent, thinking about something.

"So... Ebony seems... well... kinda nice." he commented.

"Not quite as nice as Alicja, but... still, pretty nice, overall..." he mumbled further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 01:42:38 )

"Honestly, I wouldn't have her working here if she wasn't nice." Angela commented honestly.

"She's a bit more harsh than Alicja, yeah, but ... She's still a good person." She added.

"But there are others housed within that body." She then said. "So... don't be too surprised if you see more. However, Alicja and Ebony are the main ones."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 02:02:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate nodded in response.

"Duly noted." he said.

"Oh, she DID give me some advice, though." he told her. "Maybe a way to help me calm down a little more, in the future." he continued.

"Oh?" Angela asked.

"Yeah, she said that Rebecca has a really nice singing voice." he told her.

"Suggested I listen to it. Says it'll 'change my life'." he went on.

"So maybe I'll ask her to sing for me, if she can or is willing to, after she's feeling better."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 02:05:04 )

Angela paused before just sighing, heavily.

"I'd recommend not following that. She was being sarcastic." She told him.

"It really will change your life, and yes, Rebecca's singing is absolutely beautiful, but I'm also not part of her target demographic." She continued.

"She's a siren, and males are kinda sorta her playthings." She paused a moment before shrugging.

"Not that she'd actually try and do anythign with it. She tries her hardest to NOT sing, ever, because of the effect it has."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 02:24:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........a-ah." Nate stammered, before sighing heavily as well.

"I see." he said.

"So Ebony was... all right." he mumbled.

"Well, thank you for the warning." he told her.

"I'll... not be seeking out a performance from Rebecca, then." he said.

"But... a Siren?" he asked.

"Wow. Once again, I didn't know they were actually a real thing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 02:34:07 )

"She's not nearly as media depicts." Angela then said. "However, yes. They are real. Rebecca's not the only one I've ever met, either." She paused, thinking about it.

"If you want more information, feel free to ask her. Probably not my place to go too deeply into detail." She added.

"Just be careful around her. She doesn't really have control like Levi does of those that you were seeing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 02:53:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate nodded again.

"All right." he replied.

"I'll... see if can find a way around that." he told her.

He then shook his head slightly, and looked around.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Well, before I... try to continue with my work, see if I actually CAN put in any hours, is there anything that needs doing more urgently?' he asked.

"If not, I'll default to storage organisation."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 02:59:11 )

"Urgently?" Angela asked before thinking about it.

"Not really." She answered after a few minutes.

"the best I can come up with is that the break room could probably use a quick cleaning." she told him honestly.

"But I can easily do that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 03:17:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate just shrugged.

"If you say so." he said.

"I'll happily do so." he assured her.

"But if you want to do it yourself, or whatever, then cool." he said further.

"Then yeah, I'll probably disappear into storage for the time being." he reiterated.

"If you end up needing me for anything, you'll know where to find me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 03:25:24 )

"You do that. I'm going to go get cleaned up as well." Angela said with a light chuckle.

---

Nate's neighbours sucked, massively. He was trying to study for his exams, but was sadly finding it difficult due to the noise from around him. It was bad enough that he wasn't going to be able to sleep, nevermind study.

He couldn't stay at Lunet's, due to how she was away for awhile with Cain, and he knew that he just had to suck it up.

However, when he showed up to work looking dead tired, the one that was in the front area just paused.

"Hey Nate... what's going on? Not sleeping again?" Alicja asked as she got to her feet and approached.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 03:43:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate looked at her, and groaned.

"That's putting it lightly." he said.

"My neighbours. They just. Won't. Shut. Up." he told her.

"Exams are coming, and I'm losing time. Sleeping is hard, studying is hard." he went on.

"And I can't stay with Lunet. She's away with Cain." he continued.

"...and hotels and motels are too expensive. Also, shelters and hostels are... scary places, sometimes..." he then mumbled further.

"It's... hell."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 03:54:47 )

Alicja paused, thinking.she confirmed his school before shrugging.

"Come stay with me. I live alone, and I'm like... Fuck, 20 minutes off campus or something." She added after a moment or two.

"Unless you think you couldn't put with with... Y'know... My issues." She added with a a sigh. They hadn't much of a chance to speak since he found out, and she was certain he wasn't avoiding her... She couldn't banish that thought though.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.