Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Eye for Medicine

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 22:43:32 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate nodded in response.

"Yeah, of course." he replied, as she produced the papers from the drawer and put them on the desk.

They went over them, both of the two signing, dating, and initialing where indicated and necessary, and it took them about 20 minutes or so, before the last line was crossed and signed and such.

"...and that's it?" Nate asked.

"Mmhmm." Angela replied.

"Wow, this went... a lot better than I had anticipated." Nate then admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 22:49:51 )

"It's pretty simple overall." Angela commented.

"Plus, I'm dead tired, so you've got that playing in your favour too." She added with a smirk. that wasn't true, not entirely.

"And you came on recommendation from Lunet, someone that I care for dearly." She continued, something to her voice.

"That, and the fact that you can literally see peoples life, make it quite easy to hire ya."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 23:10:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just smiled in response.

"That makes sense." he said.

However, her comment about Lunet being someone she cared for deeply did not go above him.

He didn't know how old Angela was... nor did he know anything about her family... but could SHE be the one that Lunet was talking about earlier? The one that had tried to adopt her and take care of her?

However, he didn't want to make any assumptions, nor did he want to really bring it up.

"Well, I've given you my cell number, so... you can contact me whenever you need to."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 23:14:28 )

"Ah, one more thing." Angela said before grabbing something and writing something down. She tore the page out of whatever it was and handed it over, allowing Nate to see that it was a cheque.

"all new hires get a signing bonus. You'll get another when hired on more properly after you graduate, as well."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 23:32:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate accepted the cheque... and his jaw nearly dropped.

"I... I... this..." he stammered.

"Is this... correct?" he asked.

"This amount?" he asked further.

"I mean, I'm just going to be an intern, yes?" he asked her.

"Don't get me wrong, this is... amazing, if it IS true, I'm just... making sure."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 23:35:33 )

Angela just smirked.

"We pay well, if you haven't figured that out." She commented simply.

"Now, while you're here, is there anything you wish to ask me?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 23:54:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"VERY well." Nate replied.

"And... anything to ask?" he then mumbled, thinking about it.

"How did you come to work here?" he asked.

"Like, how did this place come to be your place of employment?" he clarified.

"And what sort of tasks will I be doing?" he went on.

"...or is that more like a situation of 'whatever comes up at the time' sorta thing?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 00:30:24 )

Angela paused, thinking about it.

"I came to work here thanks to my parents knowing the one who runs this entire building." She answered honestly.

"And yeah. It'll mostly be whatever comes up, but there will be situations for you to learn from. Have you watching some treatments and the like." She continued.

"Also a good chance you'll be set to organisation or gopher stuff though. I really am understaffed in here...." that last part was under her breath, but she really didn't care. She preferred being understaffed rather than overstaffed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 04:22:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, all right then." Nate responded.

"I can do that." he told her.

As he said that, he noticed one of her bookshelves, and pondered something.

He kept his mouth shut, however... for now.

"I'm happy to just be here and have this opportunity." he then assured her.

"Seriously. This is amazing." he went on.

"And I hope I can help with any issues or problems you have here... assuming having an extra set of hands around fixes those issues."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 04:27:31 )

"Oh, it porbably will help loads." Angela commented bluntly.

"We're largely understaffed, and having an extra person to help with even just the paperwork, is a lovely thing that will help loads." She added after a moment or two.

"Ah, right. I have a question for you." she started.

"What did you mean by the whole putting your studies first?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 04:42:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He paused for a moment, before sighing.

"Well..." he stammered.

"I didn't have quite enough money to afford University... even with a partial scholarship." he told her. "So... I... well, I would go to the local temp agency, and take odd jobs to cover the rest." he told her further.

"However, I realised that if I let me studies slip because of working to afford my studies... then it would be an exercise in futility." he then said.

"So. I decided to cut a few things out of my life." he continued.

"Like... free time." he said.

"And... well... I figured I could deal with everything on 5 hours of sleep a night." he went on.

"....and... just... having some coffee for breakfast... and a sandwich for lunch, which I worked through..." he then mumbled quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 04:45:43 )

Angela just sighed.

"Yeahh... see... that's something that is gonna be stopped." She stated simply.

"If you're working on so low a sleep amount, you're not going to be able to do well here." She added.

"So make sure to sleep well. And eat well. or I'll be shoving food down your throat."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 05:09:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, it's... already been stopped." Nate assured her.

"Lunet sort of... well, she 'act-of-random-kindness'd her way into my life." he said.

"She helped me with my financial issues, my nutritional issues... helped me see I was on the path leading to a complete and utter breakdown. Both mental AND physical." he continued.

"Thanks to her, I'm feeling better than I have in many years." he added.

If there was one thing, this showed Angela that he was dedicated. He wanted that degree. He was willing to work himself nearly to death to get it done. So a lack of passion or compassion was NOT an issue here.

Nate was then silent for a moment, before looking to the one self again. The one that seemed to be a disorganised mess of books and magazines. He thought for a moment, before an idea came to him.

"...I'm sorry, may I take a look at that magazine?" he asked, gesturing to one that had a bright blue spine.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 05:18:16 )

Angela was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"Lunet's good for that." She commented.

"and yeah, go ahead." She added as she got to her feet and made her way over to it. She carefully took the magazine off the shelf, from where it was half buried, and handed it over.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 05:48:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate accepted the publication, and started looking through it. It contained things he never knew possible, and seemed to be a genuinely interesting magazine to read. He skimmed through it for about 3 minutes, before looking at Angela.

"This is very fascinating." he told her.

"Seriously. The advancements being made that people... well... can't, or shouldn't, or whatever... know about is... wonderful." he commented further. "It's a shame that the world at large would probably hate such things, or fear them, or whatever." he lamented.

"But thank you." he went on, standing up.

"I'll put this back now." he said further, making his way to the shelf.

"I think working here will be a good experience for me, overall." he told her, as he put the magazine back carefully... but didn't seem to move. Angela also couldn't QUITE see what he was doing, but before she could really say anything, he spoke again.

"As I said, just the fact that I don't have to hide what I am, or what I can do, will be a massive weight off my shoulders." he said. "I won't need to try and come up with some weird story, or spin some lie that seems plausible. I can be... well... myself." he went on. "And I think that will help my work ethic and drive a whole lot." he continued.

"Anyway, thank you again for this interview, especially this late." he then told her. "It means a lot to me." he finished, before stepping away and sitting back down in the chair.

That's when Angela saw that he had used that time (probably elongated by his little speech), to completely organise the shelf. And it was in a way that wasn't obtuse or anything. The books that had been out of order were now arranged in proper publishing order, as were the magazines, sorted by publishing date and brand name, and the smaller booklets that she had were ALSO arranged as well, but since there was no real unifying theme for them, they were arranged alphabetically.

"...." Nate was silent for a moment, seeing that she was looking right at the shelf, before sighing.

"Sorry." he apologised.

"Part of me REALLY wanted to organise that shelf, as it seemed to be a bit... eclectic... and I thought that, since you said I would be organising things anyway, I should show you a brief example of that." he reasoned, now wondering if he'd overstepped his boundaries.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 05:53:59 )

Angela paused before laughing.

"Thanks. I organise that shelf every couple weeks." She said simply.

"It tends to get out of hand rather quickly, with how I'm constantly referencing something on there." She continued.

"I definitely appreciate you takin' the time to do that." She paused a moment before smirking lightly.

"Regardless, yes. You will definitely get the chance to be yourself here. It's something that isn't too surprising, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 06:22:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate internally heaved a massive sigh of relief.

He'd taken the initiative, and it seemed like it had paid off quite nicely.

"Well, that's good." he said, looking around the office again.

"While I'm an intern here, if you want help with any other organisation in your office, let me know." he told her. "Because I realise this is YOUR office, and you may have your own personal way of doing things in here." he went on.

"...should have thought of that before I organised the one shelf, admittedly..." he then mumbled.

"Anyway, thank you once again for your time, Doctor Edwards." he told her, before pausing.

"...Angela, I mean." he corrected himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 06:28:05 )

Angela just shrugged.

"careful, you may be worked to the bone." She wa.rned with a laugh.

"anyway! I'm not going to keep you her.e any longer if there's no need to. I'm sure you've got some school work to do, or something." She added.

"You're free to leave, unless you need me for something?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 06:53:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate shook his head.

"I think I'm all right." he said.

"Thank you once more." he told her, shaking her hand.

The two of them then exited her office, and he looked around.

"Hm." he mumbled, taking out his phone.

Finished up. he sent to Lunet.

"Gotta wait for Lunet." he told Angela.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 06:54:23 )

"You'll learn the layout of the building eventually. It's not easy, though." She commented.

"took me about two months." She added just before his cell chimed. When he checked, he saw that Lunet had replied.

Cool. Be there in a couple minutes.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.