Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Crystal Core

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 05:56:43 )

"Firstly, that's not a problem." Angela assured him. She looked, and sounded, exhausted though. It was a dumb hour, long past when she would have normally gone home, and she was extremely appreciative of how her daughter was a teen and totally all right with having Zeke there with her instead of her, by this point.

"I get that it happens, it's cool." She added.

"However, Izea's eye is completely irrevocable." She continued with a heavy sigh.

"Nate is already contacting Lunet about it though, since ... well, her own vision was granted, and Izea's arm, so ... maybe?" She asked.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 06:19:29 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Hal mumbled.

"So he's disfigured her, essentially." he said.

"That's good to know. Might play a factor in his future, depending on what Izea has to say." he continued.

"...it'll be nice if they can give her a functioning eye again, though." he went on. "Lunet's own vision WAS given to her, but we'll need to see if hers and Izea's circumstances are too different for them to work with." he reasoned.

"But I digress." he mumbled.

"What is the second thing?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 06:21:04 )

Angela just sighed, heavily, as he asked the question at the end.

"first off, we'll have to wait and find out what the techs say." She said, addressing the eye comment.

"As for the second thing..." she trailed off before passing a tablet over to him.

"Take a look at her xrays. I've never seen this before, ever, and have NO idea what to make of it." She admitted.

"I ... was hoping you could."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 06:38:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked at the tablet and swiped through the various x-rays.

And she saw his eyes widen as he did so.

"...this..." he mumbled.

"This can't be..." he said.

"No, this... this can't be possible... can it...?" he mumbled to himself, scratching at his chin.

"Well, I'll be a camel's hoof..." he then said with a light chuckle.

"This world never ceases to amaze me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 06:40:20 )

Angela was silent for a moment before just sighing heavily.

"Obviously you know something I don't, Hal." She started.

"How about filling the peasant in the room in?" She asked.

"Because as it stands, my default stance is that she'd be better of being ... well.... kill her before she wakes, lest she suffers, a LOT."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 07:05:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal shook his head.

"No!" he said.

"No, no, no." he told her.

"This isn't a bad thing. Not in the slightest." he assured her.

"It's... just... well..." he then stammered, before sighing.

"Izea seems to be a REAL oddity." he commented. "So much so, in my existence, I've only ever seen something like this... a dozen times? Maybe?" he went on with a small shrug.

"And it's related to her ears." he then said.

"Essentially, her mana has crystallised around her heart to... well... heal it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 07:08:28 )

"Heal it?" Angela asked, her voice a bit stunned.

"Wait, hold on... crystallised? I ..." she paused, thinking about this for a few seconds.

"That's... that's even possible?" She then asked, looking to Hal with a quizzical expression.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 07:20:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It is." Hal replied.

"Hence why her ears healed the way they did from their injuries." he continued.

"I didn't even consider that possibility until NOW. Just never really thought of it." he admitted.

"And it happens. VERY rarely." he assured her.

"SO rarely, that... well... the phenomenon doesn't even have a proper term for it." he then revealed.

"Closest anyone's ever come is calling folks like that 'Manafests', as their mana... well... literally manifests itself solid to heal notable injuries."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 07:22:39 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Well... at least she'll be all right." She commented.

".... That'll be interesting to tell her though." She added after a second or two. "No way to know before telling her, I suppose." She paused here though, thinking about the timeline for things. As in, how long it could be at worst, and best, before the goblin woke. Her best guess woudl be sometime in the afternoon, but it could be earlier, definitely.

"... what's the current deal with her attacker?" She then asked after a second or two.

"If I'm allowed to know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 07:40:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed.

"He has a temper." he said.

"Simple as that." he told her. "The allegations against him are all correct, and then some. Though he's never left lasting damage." he went on.

"Truth be told, seems he's being harder on himself than anyone else is." he then admitted.

"Also, Angela? Go home." he told her.

"You're working late. Go home to your daughter." he said.

"We have night staff here for a reason. Izea will be fine, you don't need to worry about her." he then assured her.

"And I'll handle telling her about this." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 07:46:54 )

Angela didn't say anything for a moment before sighing.

"........ All right." She said, agreeing with him. It wasn't entirely hard to tell that she really wasn't entirely keen on it, but knew that the goblin would be all right.

Plus she had something to research anyway, and that would be easier to do at home, with her angelic love, than there without him. Granted, she didn't expect him to know everything, but there was a chance.

Hell, him not knowing would likely prompt Jim to inquire with his dad. So she was sure she would get some sort of information about this from someone at some point.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 08:00:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just smiled.

"Good." he said.

"And thank you, Angela." he said further. "Your work here makes it easier for us all." he told her.

"But for real. Go home and be with your loved ones." he continued.

"I'll even have food delivered there for you, just as a personal thank you, as a friend." he went on.

"What do you think would be best?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 08:02:36 )

Angela paused before sighing.

"I have no clue." She told him honestly.

"I mean... just... " She paused, seeming to be thinking about something for a moment.

"May not be quite my preference, because Liv's weird and likes spice despite being fae-ish." She continued, meeting his gaze.

"But she's been begging for Indian.... if that's an all right option." She added with an almost sheepish tone of voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 08:22:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just smirked.

"Of course." he replied.

"Now... need a lift home, or do you have that covered?" he asked.

"Because I can obviously help with that." he told her.

"Regardless, shortly after you get home... there'll be Indian food delivered there." he assured her.

"You deserve a relaxing night in."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 10:04:34 )

Angela nodded.

"Thanks, Hal." She said, knowing that she was sincere.

"Although, night in? we're already well past the point I would have normally gone home." She added with a chuckle before looking to the clock ont he wall.

"Damn... I didn't realise it was already eleven."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 22:01:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just rolled his eyes slightly.

"You know what I mean." he said.

"If you want, feel free to come into work tomorrow 4 or 5 hours late. Consider it a half-day." he told her.

"You've earned it." he continued.

"And... yes, it IS late..." he admitted.

"Seems this entire situation took far longer than any of us realised." he commented further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 22:09:24 )

"It really did." Angela agreed with a sigh.

"But, thanks." She added. "I definitely appreciate it." He could hear her gratitude in her voice.

"Anyway, is there anything else you can think of that we need to speak about? Or can I get out of here?" She asked with a laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 22:24:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He shook his head.

"Nothing." he replied.

"Go on and get out of here." he told her.

"And thanks again." he repeated.

"Still. Izea really IS a wonder of this word..." he then mumbled.

"Who would have thought that a goblin would have such potent mana in her..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 22:31:26 )

"The fact that she's a goblin with any mana is a wonder, in and of itself." Angela commented.

"Anyway, yeah. I think I'll head home. Thanks again." She added, gratitude more than a little evident in her voice.

---

Izea woke the next day in the afternoon, sometime around midday, with a blooming headache. She didn't make a sound through, just brought her arm up and draped it over her face.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 22:48:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The first thing she noticed was that half of her vision was dark. And when she brought her arm up and draped it over her face, she felt the bandages against her skin... which were also wrapped around her head.

It explained a lot.

However, everything around her was quiet... except for the usual buzzing she constantly heard.

After about 10 minutes of this, the door opened and Nate stepped in.

"Oh!" he said.

"You're awake." he commented.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.