Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Crystal Core

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 05:09:07 )

Sure enough, a few minutes later, Izea walked out from behind the curtain with a chuckle.

"Yo." she said with a casual wave/salute.

"How and where do you want me?" She asked as she made her way to a table and set her stuff down on it. She still had the earpiece in, and her phone in the pocket of the jeans.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 05:28:27 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"On the stage." Val replied.

She then got onto the stage, and looked around, as he moved the lights and checked the camera, almost spending 10 solid minutes on it.

"Right." he said.

"I need you to look like you're a confident woman that's not scared of anything." he told her.

"You're walking down this alley, even though people have said it's dangerous, but YOU DON'T CARE! You need to BE somewhere, and NOBODY is going to stop you!" he declared.

"Mid-stride, NO hesitation, you are GOING through this alley, and THAT is THAT!" he barked.

As he spoke, she could certainly hear the passion in his voice. It was clear as day, But now there was a certain undertone to it. One that stated that this was how it was going to go... and she had better listen to him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 05:50:30 )

Izea just did as she was ordered to, but that didn't mean that she didn't think about it.

It seemed as if it was his way, and no other way. While yes, she knew that he would likely know best for something like this, the fact that he was seeming to be completely unrelenting and allowing for new opinions or suggestions... well she really was certain it wouldn't go well at all.

It was definitely something to keep in mind.

She wouldn't figure against him though, she would just do as she was told, as she knew that there were limits placed, and she did hope he'd follow that, but... as it stood, she couldn't really say for certain.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 06:12:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she did what she was told, the camera started snapping, almost at a mile-a-minute, with him barking orders for different attitudes and scenarios... it was pedal-to-the-metal already, and showed no signs of slowing down.

-About 5 hours later-

Jake and Mira were talking to each other, the latter coming to cover for the former so he could go on his (late) lunch break, when he suddenly received a call.

"Eh?" he mumbled.

He took it out and saw that it was Izea calling him.

"Izzy...?" he asked quietly, before answering.

"Hey, what's up?" he said into the cell phone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 06:17:12 )

On the other end, Jake didn't hear much at all, at least not at first.

"Dammit, Val. Come on. It was just a suggestion!" He heard, faintly, through the phone. Something was going on, and it seemed like maybe it was an accidental dial.

Although, for all he knew, it was possible it wasn't. Really, there was no way for him TO know for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 06:40:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I AM THE PHOTOGRAPHER!" he heard Val shout back.

"This is MY photoshoot, and what I say, GOES!" he yelled.

"Do NOT talk back to me!" he yelled further... loud enough that Mira could hear it emanate from the phone.

There was a brief argument, before they heard more shouting... stomping... Val's voice getting even LOUDER... before there was a sound that sounded almost like a slap... then there was heavy static... a crash... a thud... and then the call dropped.

The phone went dead.

"Izzy!? IZEA!" Jake exclaimed, before hitting the 'call back' button...

...and hearing it go right to voice mail.

Mira then saw his face pale at that point.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 06:42:19 )

Mira was completely silent for a moment.

"..... Go give Sharp the information. I'll man the desk." She said, knowing he'd most likely want to do that himself. She could see the concernquite clearly, and couldn't fault it.

If it was Peyton, she'd probably be in the same position.

"Go. I got here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 07:02:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just nodded.

"Got it!" he responded.

He then dashed off to go do so, with Mira stepping behind the desk.

However, after about a minute of her being there, the desk phone rang, and the light indicator showed that the phone it was coming from was using the number as an emergency contact.

And the display was strange as well.

It showed Izea's name and number as the caller.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 07:05:08 )

Mira wasn't sure what it was to make of that, but answered it regardless.

"Hey, break your phone, Izea?" She asked, her voice curious, and obviously expecting to be the goblin that answered.

"You scared the hell outta Jake." She added after a second or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 07:24:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"H-hello?" a male voice answered.

Mira recognised it as the voice she'd heard earlier... but it seemed that they were VERY stressed out right now.

"Is... is this Miss Izea's emergency contact?" he asked.

"There's been an incident." he continued.

"...send help!" he then exclaimed.

"She's on the floor! She's not moving!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 07:31:32 )

Mira was silent for a few seconds as she opened up the messaging app that all staff had.

"Yes, yes it is." She answered honestly.

"I can have someone there to help quickly, however... I need to know some information. What happened, and your address." she continued, knowing that she had to keep herself level here. She couldn't get emotional, as he sounded... to be on a recipice himself, and she wasn't sure what would happen if he was pushed that little bit farther.

He'd already seemed to injury Izea, and she really diudn't want to push him farther to find out what hwould happen.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 07:40:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was silent for a moment, before giving the address... of the warehouse he and Izea were in.

"I... I got mad." he said.

"She... she started to not listen... she talked back..." he went on.

"I... I slapped her. Hard." he told her further.

"But my mana was in it for some reason. There was a spark of electricity and her eye is burnt and... and it looks like her chest is, too. But I didn't hit there. She collapsed after that." he continued.

"Please, hurry! She's... I don't know if she's breathing or not!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 07:45:41 )

"Check." Mira said as she hit send on the update to Sharp.

"Seriously. Check if she's breathing." she then said, making sure to keep her voice level.

I know Jake made his way up to talk to you, but.... we need to send someone there, now, to pick her up. She paused before hitting send on that last bit.

"Is there anything that I need to pass on, in reference to any security of any sort?" She asled the one on the phone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 08:00:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"N-no. No security." he replied.

"And... and I think she's breathing. It's... it's shallow, though." he told her.

At the same time, Jake had just finished explaining the situation, when Sharp received the update from Mira. He read it, his expression deadened slightly, and he made a call to the agent they had on standby.

"Roxie, get in there." he told her.

"NOW." he said.

"Izea's down, and for all we know, she has minutes left, IF that." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 08:06:40 )

"Done." was all Roxie said in response.

A matter of a couple of seconds later, she walked into the building, having traveled through hell to get there. Once inside, and likely before he had noticed she was there, she took a look around the room, quickly noticed him on his knees by her, and still on the phone, before approaching.

"Hey. Do tell her to make sure that Angela is ready." She said simply.

"I'll send Izzy there in five seconds." She didn't care if she caught him by surprise.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 08:23:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Val asked, before looking at the phone.

"Um... Izea is being sent in 5 seconds." he said.

"I was told to tell you to make sure Angela is ready." he said further.

"...." he was then silent, and fell on his ass.

"I..." he stammered.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"Are you... here for me, as well?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 10:24:17 )

"No." Roxie answered before pausing.

"well, yes. First though, I need to take care of her." She said, motioning toward where Izea was. She waited a couple seconds, counting, before reaching a hand out and causing the goblin to be devoured by something that would haunt her were she not unconscious.

"Now, you." She started, facing him proper.

"You oing to make this easy, or no?" She asked,

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 21:27:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Val seemed to be having... mixed emotions.

On one hand, he appeared to be terrified of her. He wanted to run out of fear. It also seemed like he wanted to run, but to try and get away, maybe on the off-chance he could save his own skin here. However, he seemed to be utterly fascinated as well, almost drawn to her... which wasn't surprising, giving she had that effect on people. Men, more potently. But she also saw massive guilt behind his eyes. Guilt for what? Probably what he did to Izea, but she couldn't say for certain. Not at the moment, anyway.

In the end, it seemed like the combination of guilt and fascination was stronger than his fear and desire to get away, and he just got off his ass, but fell to his knees, hanging his head in shame.

"...easy." he said.

"I get the feeling that, even if I were to run, I wouldn't get anywhere. And if I were to try and attack, even if I succeeded, things would just get worse than they already are." he told her.

"So... do with me what you will." he finished, resignation in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 21:36:27 )

Roxie was silent for a moment before shrugging.

"Yeah, that's fair." She commented before creating a portal behind him.

"Go through there. You won't feel good, but it's the only way I can do quick mana travel." She told him simply.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 22:10:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Val was silent, and sighed.

"...all right." he replied.

He then turned and looked at the portal... before sighing once more and heading into it.

As soon as he did, Roxie heard a yelp from him, and she knew why.

He was essentially travelling through hell.

That was something that would leave a mark.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.