Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Crystal Core

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 05:19:46 )

Her blonde hair was whipping behind her as she ran. She had no idea what it was that was going to happen next, and she knew that if she was caught it would be extremely problematic. The only thing she could really do though... was run.

They always seemed to find her hiding spots. She hadn't slept in about ten days, at least not solidly, and she was sure that she was at her limit. She also hadn't been able to sit and just breathe for about as long as well. They were too good at finding her, and she didn't know for certain how or why, but she had a guess.

That damned scar she had on her ear. She didn't know what happened to cause it to heal that way, but she knew it was problematic. It was, in essence, a small light source that she couldn't quell. Ever. To say that she was sure they could find her due to ti would be understating it.

She was certain it was an absolute beacon for her.

Then again, her slightly glowing firey eyes definitely helped with that too. It made it difficult to hide in the dark. Add on that she had such a strong mana signature (something she thought was a curse, as that was why she was even on the run like this in the first place), and it was really not a good mix for hiding.

She tripped and landed, hard, before scrambling to her feet. She heard them behind her, so her small form dove into a building she was nearby, and behind a plant. She knew she'd have a bit of protection there, as it was decently large.... but that damned glow from her ear, she wasn't sure if there was enough to hide that.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 06:20:28 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

In her panic and hustle, she hadn't noticed that she wasn't alone where she had ducked in to hide. If she were to observe her surroundings in detail, she would see that she had dove into what looked to be a security checkpoint before leading into an office building of sorts. There were a couple of potted plants, a pair of security cameras, some floor tape in the shape of a square in the corner of the room for some reason, a thick glass door that led further into the building, and an L-shaped desk in the centre of the room.

And that would be the main point of attention here, as there was someone behind it. Someone that couldn't be seen at the moment, due to them hiding behind a newspaper, reading it. She then heard what appeared to sound like a 'hiss' of a snake, but before she could really wonder what that was, exactly, the newspaper came down, revealing a man that had jaw-length swept back black hair, with green highlights in it, as well as deep green eyes, wearing a black and light blue security uniform.

His eyes scanned the area, before resting on where the newcomer was hiding. He could see her decently clearly, and wondered what was going on. He then looked out the glass doors that led outside, and could see a bit of a mob of people... about 10-11 large... starting to head right towards where they were.

Upon seeing this, he sighed and looked over towards the one that was hiding.

"A-HEM!" he cleared his throat loudly.

When she jumped a little and peered out from her hiding spot, she saw him gesturing to his desk... specifically, behind it, around where he legs were.

It seemed like he was silently telling her to hide there instead... which, she had to admit, WOULD conceal her perfectly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 06:24:56 )

She was completely silent before glancing out the window. She saw them coming, but thankfully they couldn't see her. She planned her path, able to find one to keep her hidden for the most part, before diving for where he'd essentially ordered her. She didn't care, she was going to take all she could for the moment.

Granted, she didn't know for certain she could trust this place, but there was a definite buzz that she wasn't used to hearing in the air. Maybe that'd help muck up whatever sensors they had to find her. Possibly.

She could hope, at least, if nothing else.

the guard was able to tell she was fast, and rather small, but hadn't managed to get much more of a look at her than just her blonde hair, ratty clothes, and huge ears. Also, was her skin green...? He didn't have time to debate or wonder about it for the moment though, as those that were following her, chasing her, were approaching, and approaching fast.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 06:47:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He watched as she ducked behind the desk and nestled herself near his legs, making sure that no part of her could be seen. He then sighed and folded his newspaper down a little as they got closer.

After what seemed to be a few seconds of deliberation, 2 of the mob stepped through the doors, one male and one female.

"...yes?" the security guard asked them.

"Can I help you?" he asked further.

"Pretty sure there are no expected appointments this late in the evening..." he went on, looking at the small clipboard that was beside him, examining it briefly and setting it down.

"So what brings you here this late?" he asked them, checking the wall clock that stated it was close to 9:00 at night.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 06:50:25 )

There was silence between the two before the female spoke up.

"we're looking for someone." She stated simply, honestly... rather bluntly.

"Little blonde haired bitch with green skin and huge ears." She added.

"Pretty sure they are an alien." Was added a couple of seconds later, to try and add some explanation as to why she would look that way. They knew of mages and thelike, but for all they knew, the guard didn't.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 07:10:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The guard raised his eyebrow.

"...blonde hair... green skin... and huge ears." he repeated back, sounding disbelieving.

"I know it sounds weird, but-" the male started to say, before the guard snapped his fingers.

"Oh!" he exclaimed. "Actually, yes! Yes, someone of that description DID duck into here!" he told them.

"They did!?" the male exclaimed.

"Yep." the guard replied.

"I heard the doors slam open, checked to see what was going on, and I guess I startled them, because they rushed back OUT the doors in a matter of seconds, and from what I saw, they headed directly right." he told them further.

The male then looked at the female.

"...there's a large sewer entrance close by!" he exclaimed, knowing that the one they were chasing could easily fit into it and get away if they weren't quick enough.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 07:12:12 )

The female didn't say anything for a second before cursing, in multiple languages and in quick succession.

"Let's go then. We have to catch her if we want that bounty." She half snapped before heading for hte door herself.

"Thansk! If we find her and cash in, we'll stop by and give you some!" was the last thing tha tshe said before she headed out the door, knowing that the one that had come in with her, would very likely follow.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 07:35:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male looked at the guard again.

"Thanks!" he echoed.

"Have a successful night." the guard replied.

He then watched as the two of them barked some things to the small mob, before they started to rush off in the direction that he had given to their 'leaders'.

He leaned back and brought the paper up again, shielding himself from their view, before speaking.

"Don't just yet." he whispered. "There's stragglers, I can tell." he told her quietly.

He was then silent for a few seconds, and she then heard a countdown.

"...6...5...4...3...2..." he mumbled, before sighing and putting the newspapers to the side, looking at the clock once more, but sparing a very quick glance outside.

"Yep, they're gone." he confirmed to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 07:36:44 )

She stayed put for another minute or so before crawling out from underneath.

"... Thanks." She said simply, her voice rough, but that wasn't a surprise. She made her way out to the main area again, though.

"Not sure why you wanted to help, but thanks." She added as she made her way, carefully, to the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 07:59:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hold up." the guard said.

"Just hoooooold on a second, there." he told her.

"What is going on with you?" he asked. "I mean... it's clear why those people were after you, but... what's your deal?" he asked her further.

He then paused for a moment, before sighing. He felt a show of good faith was in order here.

"However, why did I help you?" he asked.

"Simple." he said. "While it might sound old-world, or xenophobic, or whatever, it's sadly still relevant to this day." he continued cryptically. "We non-humans gotta stick together." he told her.

Then, before she could respond, she saw a long, slightly broad forked tongue slowly emerge from his mouth. And this wasn't the kind of forked tongue that someone could have done to them by having their own tongue surgically altered.

This was a legitimate, natural, reptile-like tongue.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 08:01:31 )

The short woman, who had turned to face him at some point through that, just crossed her arms - although her right arm didn't move quite as well as the left.

"......" She didn't say anything. Admittedly, that was in part due to how she hadn't expected to see that.

".... Ramaarin?" She askeda fter a moment.

"Only thing I can think of, anyway. Probably way off as they're believed to either be extinct or having never existed in the first place."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 08:22:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We like it that way." he replied.

"Means that those that keep blaming us for conspiracies are either seen as super xenophobic to the point of blaming an extinct species, or just outright nutzo." he told her.

This confirmed to her that she was, in fact, correct with her original assumption as to what he was.

"Now." he went on.

"I can smell it on you." he told her.

"The heat, the... 'spice'... of fire mana." he revealed.

"You're pretty far from average, aren't you?" he asked, making note of her 'off' right arm, but deciding that bringing it up right now would be topic jumping a little too much.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 11:26:26 )

She was silent, looking aside a bit.

".... True." was all she said. It was, after all, very true. she was very much not average, and she was rather appy about that.

However, that didn't mean that she always liked it. She was appreciative of it, but not when it reached the extent it did. As it stood, she'd return all her 'unusuallness' that she had in order to return home without fear.

But she knew that it wasn't a possibility.

So she'd be happy to find a solution, somewhere to stay where she wouldn't be hunted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 21:22:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The guard was silent again for a moment, and then sighed quietly.

"Look." he said. "Let's just stop beating around the bush, and get straight to some points, shall we?" he asked.

"It's clear that you need a place." he then said, seemingly out of nowhere.

"You were on the run from that mob, and you chose to duck in here, and furthermore, you trusted me when I motioned for you to hide behind the desk." he continued. "If that's not a clear indication that you need somewhere safe, then I don't know what is." he went on.

"Also, the fact that I can smell the fire mana on you probably means that your own warren won't even want you back." he continued, showing he knew what she was, under her coverings.

"...how about you see about staying HERE?" he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 21:53:40 )

She was completely silent, not sure wha tto make of it, but also knowing that she did need somewhere to stay. Hell, for that matter, she was basically reaching the point that she might as well just give up.

If he was going to kill her, fine. It was getting to the point that she didn't care. She needed to rest, knew she did. She needed sleep, a shower, and food, before she collapsed and became an easy target.

"Sure." She stated simply, trying to sound calm, but knowing that her voice was betraying the slight 'meh' factor as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 22:41:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her tone did not go unmissed by the guard, and he sighed.

"Listen..." he said quietly.

"I know that, odds are, you've had a very rough life, to put it mildly." he commented. "I have, too, but let's not compare sob stories and compete in the Grief Olympics." he suggested.

"This is a place where those like you and me... those that are hated and feared by others... are safe." he told her.

"And I'm guessing that, because of that 'bounty' comment one of the people made earlier, there's a high chance that you won't really be safe ANYWHERE out there while you're on your own." he guessed further.

He then decided to take another big step, and introduced himself. He told her his name, using his own tongue, and then smirked a little, knowing that she probably wouldn't be able to come close to pronouncing that.

"But I go by Jacob. 'Jake', more commonly." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 22:43:10 )

"..... not going to break my tongue or brain trying to repeat that." She told him simply.

"So I'll go with Jake." She added.

"Izea." She added, figuring that she might as well give him her name as well, as he'd granted her his.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 23:09:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Izea. Good name." Jake replied.

"But yes, believe it or not, this is a place where you can be safe." he told her... and she could hear the sincerity in his tone.

"This place-" he started to say further, before pausing slightly.

"Hm." he mumbled. "Actually, let's see if we can't make this a little easier, without giving you info that you may have already." he commented.

"Tell me." he said.

"Ever hear of a place called 'The Unit'?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 23:12:40 )

Izea was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"Heard of it in passing." She answered honestly after a few seconds.

"Don't really know anything about the place, other than they hunt out what the mortals can't know about."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 23:32:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just chuckled slightly when she said that.

"That's about the core of it." he said. "The Unit is a shadow branch of the government, dedicated to protecting the general populace from those that they stopped believing in years ago, never believed in the first place, or just never heard of." he told her. "Also, we deal in KEEPING these things secret from John Q. Public, because, quite frankly, the majority of the people aren't mentally equipped to know the truth of what lies beneath the proverbial bed at night." he continued.

"Or, as our boss puts it: 'Just because you've stopped believing in the bogeyman, doesn't mean he's stopped believing in YOU'." he then summarised.

"But yes. Seems you've stumbled upon The Unit." he told her.

"Not only are we such an agency, but we also serve as a safe haven for those rejected by the 'normal' world." he went on, making sure to use air quotes around the one word. "They can come to us to try and get their lives back on track, try to reintegrate themselves into society, or even potentially find their calling HERE." he then revealed to her.

"And we make it a point to NEVER turn someone down that is earnestly seeking help." he stressed.

"So tell me... are you tired of being on the run?" he asked.

"Will you honestly allow us to try and help you?" he asked her further. He'd already heard her... less-than-emphatic confirmation before... but he wanted to see if she had even a glimmer of care for herself and her future left in her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.