Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion I really like the community here.

Voltie — alien Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 20:13:09 )
So far it seems really great, really loving and very open and accepting. It's nice. It feels more "serious" than Gaia, and it also seems like people aren't as big of assholes. I hope that this feeling continues as the site grows! <3

Please @ me to get my attention. C:

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 20:31:41 )
I feel the same way. I feel that you can come here to celebrate your victories, but you can also find a shoulder to cry on, if needed.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 20:57:40 )
I've actually never been on Gaia so I don't know how the community is actually like, but I've heard some horror stories. So far the community here seems great! I think that it also comes with the fact that a lot of people are in their 20s+ already compared to other sites (from what I recall in another thread).

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 21:35:55 )
I quit Gaia back in 07 for that exact reason. Too many trolls and kids running around talking smack or begging for stuff. It's hard to believe it's been over ten years since those days.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 22:57:13 )
I totally agree with you. The people here are great and I’m sure that other good people will join us in the future. I feel comfortable here and I hope I make people comfortable.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 23:20:12 )
I agree :) it's very friendly here, which for me is super important for a site.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 23:44:15 )
@Concentricity: sshh... don't say that too loud. You'll make me feel old.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 22:45:19 )
i agree with you! i always love smaller communities because they aren't like gaia.
i do like going on gaia and dressing up my avatar but i shitpost there which isn't as fun as
actually talking to people

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 17:25:10 )
@Q t e a p o n: I think it's more because they're allowed to do whatever they want there. Solia had a lot of traffic from Gaia, whenever they did weird shit, and only the mature people staid. The people who wanted to shitpost/spam, went back fast when they found out they weren't allowed to do that.

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 17:53:26 )
@Q t e a p o n: and I still managed to get a warning there xD

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 18:36:50 )
@Q t e a p o n: someone asked for a link to some anime with English subtitles. I gave them a link and apparently that was against the rules. :vanora_huff:

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 21:02:32 )
@Q t e a p o n: it was my first warning, otherwise I would've had a 3 day ban XD

Donator — none Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 22:08:29 )
We had a pretty cool community on gaia, in the aquarium community. Then they stopped upgrading it, and so many glitches, and being ignored by admin, slowly the kept loosing more and more of us. And our ages were very diverse, some even in their 60's, which I am not that far away from!

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 22:15:34 )
@shamantra: wow 60s?? My mom is like nearing 50 and she honestly gets overwhelmed way too easily with the computer xD Honestly the oldest person I've probably ever met online in sites like this is probably 30 something...

Donator — none Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 22:41:07 )
I joined gaia in 08, I'm 56 now, so I haven't even had a computer for ten years. I just got my first smart phone this year. But you would be surprised how many peeps my age are around gaia. Not sure about solia.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 22:53:26 )
Dude, don't knock the old people. My grandmother is like 70 and has early dementia and still apparently leads some kind of destiny group? She's obsessed with video games. It's my favorite thing, haha.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 23:12:24 )
My father's, born in 1946, favourite hobby was programming computer programs. He was an early apple (Macintosh) nerd.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 05:59:19 )
I think it's very that we have people that are different ages and from different countries. That's what the internet is all about.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.