Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Echoes of One's Past

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 01:28:21 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded.

"Done." he replied, raising his fingers and snapping them.

And then... nothing.

Not a thing.

Angela didn't even feel a twich. A twinge. Nothing at all.

And Hal could see it. Normally there would be at least a spark of enlightenment in one's eyes when they wished for such knowledge... but there was nothing this time.

"...damn it." he cursed.

"Some sort of barrier is blocking that wish from coming true." he growled.

However, at the moment, something flashed in Angela's mind.

She saw images of... minerals? Rocks? It was hard for her to tell, but they were DISTINCT. She would not forget what she saw, that's for sure.

"....Angela?" Hal said, wondering if the medic was all right.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 01:30:26 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing.

".... I..." She started.

"I have... no idea what to make of... anything for that for the moment." She then said.

"But.... I just..." She paused, thinking.

"May I?" She asked. When he nodded, she continued.

"I wish I knew what, what I saw, means."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 01:48:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...very well." he replied.

He then raised his hand and snapped again.

And sure enough, THIS time, he saw the flash of enlightenment in her eyes.

Her mind took those images and processed them into what they were. More specifically, where they were found and what they were used for.

And she had some VERY useful information now.

"Ok, I know THAT wish came true, for sure." Hal commented.

"Dunno what to say about the previous one." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 01:51:47 )

"Honestly, nor do I." Angela admitted.

"But, I need ot hunt out... fuck, Azazel, I think might be best." She added.

"Regardless, I'll let you know what's going to happen with Anya, once I know." Was the last thing before she just headed off, making sure to stop and say thank you at the door before she was gone.

Once back in her office, she called Azazel's cell.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 02:12:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The phone was left ringing for... longer than she would have wanted, but just before it was about to go to voicemail (which would have caused her to hang up), it was finally answered.

But not by the one she was expecting.

"Hello?" Cain's voice responded.

"Miss Angela?" he said, having checked the caller I.D. before answering it. Normally he would have let it go to voicemail, but he knew Angela was a medic, and it might have been an emergency.

She could also hear a little bit of... concern, was it?... in his tone, but before she could say anything, he continued.

"Sorry, Dad's a little... er... well, he can't answer his phone at the moment." he told her.

"Is there anything I can help with?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 02:17:03 )

"Cain?" Angela asked, obviously a bit surprised.

"Is he all right?" She asked, concern in her voice. Cain was silent on the other end for a few seconds before answering.

"....er... well... yes, but no?" Was his response. Angela didn't say anything before sighing, heavily. She wanted to ask what happened, as that really didn't answer her queston, but he continued before she could.

"He's soaking in a rejuvenating bath. He arrived home with almost no mana left in his body." He finished.

"... Ah. All right then." Angela responded.

"Could you please have him call me whenhe gets a chance?" She asked. "Or stop by. I'll be here all night." She added with a light sigh as she grabbed her cell from the desk drawer she often tossed it in.

Need a favour. Could you come to me office, please? she sent to her love.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 02:37:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, of course." Cain replied.

"Um, Miss Angela?" he then addressed her, before pausing.

"Ah, nevermind." he said.

"Forgot what I was going to say." he told her.

That was an outright lie. He wanted to ask about Anya. If she had been there, or if she was in the medical wing, but he knew that Anya wasn't part of the Unit, and really? It technically wasn't their place to worry about her.

That, and Angela said she'd be there all night. Odds are she was really busy, and didn't need him asking about Anya.

Just then, she received a message on her cell.

Be there in 2 minutes, tops. it read.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 02:39:20 )

Angela just sighed lightly.

"Cain, I know you're worried about something. I'd offer support if I could, but I really do have my hands full at the moment." She then said.

"If you need someone to talk to later, feel free to stop by. Just give me an hour or two first, hey?" She asked as she replied to the text.

thanks, babe.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 03:01:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...either you really are perceptive, or I suck at lying." Cain muttered.

"But all right." he said.

"Thanks." he added quietly.

"I'll tell Dad you called." he finished, before they ended their call and the phone was hung up.

And about a minute and a half later, she sensed the man she texted was in the med wing, and making his way to her.

"Just come on in." she said loudly after he knocked, which resulted in the door being opened and the nephilim stepping in.

"What's up?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 03:03:02 )

After he'd closed the door, Angela just sighed.

"I need to speak with your aunt." She told him simply.

"Or you can, if she can't make her way out here. There's something I need that only demonic beings can acquire." She added.

"..... I don't think you or your dad can, but... honestly, I'm not sure."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 03:24:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah... right then." Zeke replied.

"Well, I know you and Aunt Lilim don't really... see eye-to-eye a lot..." he mumbled.

"And she doesn't really like being here... but that's probably because of the large numbers of people..." he went on.

"But if needed, she'll come here." he continued.

"Anyway, what's up that you need her?" he asked.

"Or, hypothetically, what would I be talking to her about in your stead?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 03:30:49 )

Angela just sighed, heavily.

"I need some Void Stone." She told him simply.

"Anya is not in a good shape, at all." She then continued.

"And if I want to save her, or at least give her a chance at survival, I'm going to need some. Now, that's a demonic stone, and I THINK just demons can acquire it. For all I know, archangels can too though, I honestly don't know that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 03:50:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Zeke was silent for a moment.

"You get Void Stone in hell." he said.

"Both demons and archangels can acquire it." he told her. "However, archangels in hell NEVER goes... well." he went on, before pausing. "Excuse that stupid rhyme." he muttered.

"I can ask her to get some, and then I can bring it here." he offered.

"How much?" he asked.

"We talking a pebble, a nugget, a bag, what?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 03:52:39 )

"As far as I know, I don't need a huge amount." Angela answered.

"A good sized nugger would be more than enough, probably." She added with a light sigh.

"Thank you, Zeke." She added. "I ... really don't want to lose her, and I don't even know WHAT the fuck happened to her. All I know is that she's barely alive and most likely not going to surive. So yeah, I need some of that for some help to keep her alive, I think. so you asking Lilim is super appreciated."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 04:16:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke nodded in response.

"Yeah, of course." he replied.

He then took out his phone and sent a text to Lilim.

Can I talk to you? he asked.

He paused for a moment, and sent another.

Like, NOW? he clarified.

Kind of a life-or-death situation, quite literally. the third one said further.

He then sighed and waited for a response.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 04:35:11 )

"Thank you. So much." Angela said with a light sigh. he could tell that she was worried abotu the demon's wellbeing, and it would be hard to believe otherwise.

Meanwhile, he didn't receive a response from the one he'd texted.

She just sighed as she looked ot the phone.

"...... Well then." She said simply as she set the paintbrush down. She was covered, as she painting the walls of the basement, again. She made her way upstairs, up to where the one that she lived with was.

"Yo! Lex!" She called, wondering where he was. As she called out though, she set her first foot on the floor, she froze. The necromatic runes that were woven into the building lit up for a fraction of a second.

His necromancy was active. The basement was largely exempt because she spent so much time down there working on the walls, and he knew that his mana could be a distraction.

"... probably shouldn't interrupt." she muttered before just sending a text to Lex's phone, and vanishing. She appeared in the entryway to the Unit, deciding to follow the rules this time, and looked to who was there. After being let in, she sighed before focusing, aiming to find her nephew. It wasn't hard, he stuck out quite a bit.

Sure enough, she reached the medwing easily and made her way in, intending to follow the snese to her nephew... but froze.

There was something there that she knew she couldn't properly contend with.

I'm at your place. was all she sent to Zeke before vanishing in a twist of the same blackness as her hair, appearing in her nephews den to wait.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 04:45:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke paused for a moment where he was, and then read the text.

"....huh." he said.

"Swore I could sense that she was here..." he muttered.

"I'll be back soon, Angela." he told his love, before vanishing from where he was, appearing in the designated area. Then, following Lilim's mana signature, he made his way to the den.

"Hey." he greeted her.

"Sorry for the sudden summon, but I really need your help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 04:46:40 )

Lilim, who was sitting on the couch, waiting, just looked to him when he arrived.

"Ok." She said simply, knowing that he'd been given the chance to continue.

"Angela needs some Void Stone." Zeke continued. Lilim just quirked an eyebrow.

". . . Really. Why?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 05:07:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Anya." Zeke replied.

"Seems she sustained some... well... existence-threatening injuries, and her chances for survival are... outweighed by her chances of dying." he told her.

"She needs a good-sized nugget of it." he continued.

"And no, it's not known HOW she sustained the injuries, or from WHAT." he then said further.

"Just that she needs help and she needs it NOW." he went on.

"I guess Azazel's not an option for some reason, so you were the next one that came to mind."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 05:10:36 )

Lilim was silent for a moment, almost as if she was debating something. Was she considering not going? For all Zeke knew, she was.

.... so it was Anya that they're attached to. she thought before letting out a breath.

"k." was all she said before getting to her feet. She didn't say anything else before she was gone. This time though, through the floor.

She was going back to Hell for this. The question was whether or not she'd survive to bring the stone back to the surface.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.