Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Caffeinated Freebies - New Sample!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 02:47:25 )
@Chiffonorange: Oh, I already went to work, but thanks for the hug and well wishes. xD *sends a virtual hug in return*
Sure, if you want to send something, that's fine! But I'm cool doing this for free too, so no hard feelings if you wanna keep your volts! Lemme see what I can whip up for you! Is your avi fine, or did you want me to draw something else? I don't mind either way!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 03:09:55 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@aisukohi: I see, so am I (even though I feel like I don't have any enthusiasm when it comes to work) and no problem :3

Oh okay. *nods* Hmmm.... I was thinking about sending a picture of one of my OCs for you as a reference at first but I decided to against it since it was too late xD so my avatar will do as I thought it would be simple enough for you to draw since it's understandable that not everyone (including me) likes clutter.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 03:22:38 )
@chiffonorange: I'm not usually enthused by the idea of going to work, but I try to be bubbly while there at least. :P

And fair enough lol. Maybe one day when I improve my skills, I can give your OC a go. I'll get started on your avi then!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 03:27:09 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@aisukohi: True. *nods* Good for you xD I can't even stay positive while at work regardless. Dx and I lowkey feel like the pandemic had made it worse and almost everyone wishes they would rather stay at home 'till it's over.

Mmhmm. *nods* You can do it! \(o u o)/ But do take a break whenever you can :o and alrighty then, thank you. ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 04:01:59 )
@chiffonorange: Here's your art!! <3 (large image may be large)

I know that feeling all too well because I work with old people for a living. While we may not have any cases with the residents, everyone's morale has taken a good nose dive over the last few months. Part of me wishes I could be home, but the other part of me is thankful to have a job where I can socialize, and of course have steady income.

What do you do, if I may ask?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 04:09:22 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@aisukohi: Aww thank you! They look so cuddly :3 *immediately saves it to my phone*

I see *nods* that is understandable as having an income is helpful in case of emergency. And I work at a store that sells car accessories, even though I've been confirmed to have resigned already in last two weeks but due to my boss is having health problems and the fact that I'm only the one employee makes me really wished I could get out of this job as soon as possible.

On a side note, I do have an online store in case of backup.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 04:13:23 )
@Chiffonorange: You're welcome, and I'm glad you like it! ^w^

Oh gosh, that sounds like a stressful situation. Would your workplace be forced to close if you left before your boss gets well enough to work?

And good to have backup! While it seems that people on unemployment are doing fine, I would NOT want to be battling that system.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 04:21:21 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@aisukohi: :3 No problem!

That would be hard to predict tbh and yeah, it's stressful for me to the point where I'm having some sort of panic attack and trying to tell myself to calm down at the same time as I know my social skill isn't that great...

Yeah, having some backup does help. Oh I see, were people on unemployment doing fine in the US (sorry if I assume you that you're from the US ^_^; )? Here in Malaysia, people (especially those around 18-24) are already struggling to find a job while being unemployed due to getting fired (because of the pandemic and bankruptcy).

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 04:28:24 )
@Chiffonorange: Also thank you for the volts!! Very much appreciated!! <3

Aww, well please don't put your mental health at risk for a job. I know you may feel guilt about abandoning it, but the number one priority is you.

And as I understand it, people who qualify for unemployment in the US (good assumption, because yes I do live there) can get 600 bucks a week. Meanwhile those who have essential jobs (such as myself) don't even get hazard pay, and we've only had one stimulus check. I'm not trying to sound bitter, but when you take better care of those unemployed than you do who are actually working, that rubs me the wrong way.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 04:47:31 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@aisukohi: You're very welcome ^^

Thank you and if only I could've quit my job sooner and if my parents should've let me explain about mental health in general a bit better but I doubt they'll listen either way.

Ah I see, *googles 600 bucks in order to convert it to Malaysian Ringgit on Google* My goodness, that would be around 2.5k ringgit if converted from US Dollar. And I understand, I too would feel this way if they didn't pay attention to people who are really working (whether in physical, online, etc.)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/21 06:43:58 )

@Aisukohi: When they do that it's so freaking gross! Most of the time I actually get my boba drink milk free. ^^; Not a fan of milk in tea actually.
I'm from FL too, but I don't live there anymore. I'm from South FL though. I do have one friend that grew up in Jax beaches. Now she's living in Jax.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 16:55:52 )
@Chiffonorange: I'm sorry that your parents don't sound very supportive or understanding of your mental health issues. *hugs* You can always message me if you need to vent or whatever.

How are you doing today?

@Totalanimefan: I typically only drink milk tea if it comes in smoothie form, but I make an exception for Royal Milk Tea, which comes in a can or bottle.

My parents grew up here in the beaches area, so after they retired from the U.S. Air Force, they moved us back down here. I've never been a fan of the question "where are you from?" because I'm a military brat. Can't give a straight answer other than "nowhere really".

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 22:41:49 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@Aisukohi: It's okay, you don't have to apologise. *hugs back*

I'm alright. Just woke up from bed. How about you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 22:49:39 )
@Chiffonorange: Not too bad. Having a pretty lazy day today, though I should probably do something productive. Don't wanna though lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 22:54:13 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@Aisukohi: Ah I see. xD It's normal to feel like that when your mind is like "meh I'm lazy" haha

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 23:14:42 )
@Chiffonorange: Yep. About the only productive thing I did today was go out to buy some things needed for the house. xD Kitty litter, coffee, coffee creamer, and new pillows. Also a new lipstick just because. :P

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 23:18:43 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@Aisukohi: That sounds good lol x3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 23:35:02 )
@Chiffonorange: Yup. Today was the first time I've put on a full face of makeup in months lol. Pretty useless to do it when you wear a mask everywhere, but I did it just because.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 23:37:14 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

@Aisukohi: I see :3 As long as you're happy and safe (ofc)! Despite not lot of people are wearing makeup these days due to what you mentioned above.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/23 00:10:29 )
@Chiffonorange: I could probably get away with doing the top half of my face, but then I'd feel silly whenever taking off the mask lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.