Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Starbucks is STEALING from us!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 05:57:24 )

"They should not be allowed to sell this drink if they take away our spoons!! What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to eat this?"
//lady gestures at a tall cup with a straw in it//
"THIS IS WRONG, in fact I think it should be illegal! Starbucks is stealing from us and at a time like this. It's thievery, it is literally thievery, and there has been so much stealing from us lately I'm sick of it!"

This was my first customer of today, at my job
she was 10000000% seriously mad
that starbucks didn't have spoons out
because they aren't individually wrapped
and covid
so she bought a box of spoons and let everyone in the store along the way know
that Starbucks is a thief

:vanora_xd:
I can't.

Oh yeah, she also had a fight with my counter because the belt kept moving when she'd place her items on it.
thespoonsaremeanttomovesoIcanreachthem

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 06:04:19 )
dude i do not understand what is wrong with the people who act like this

there's so many

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 06:11:17 )

@shark:
it seems worse recently
so many angry fussy people over the most... nonsensical things.
This one was just that certain kind of crazy that I couldn't get frustrated over it. Just lmao

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 06:34:11 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Did she lose her fight with the conveyor belt? XD

Put ya guns awn!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 06:37:43 )

@kitalpha hart:
she literally did, I had to turn it off before things got out of hand.
I wonder what substances she was on :vanora_xd:

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 06:44:39 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Jolly: enough to lose a fight with a conveyor belt
I did have a drunk try and get free pics using a massively expired receipt once. And she told us the pics were of her friend's kids
She was soooooooo pissed when the supervisor told her that yeah sure we could make an exception for her friend once. Just gotta schedule the whole thing because you know
I was at the register doing that part with someone (going over pics, getting chosen ones printed and paid for, and mats) while my coworker had been about to usher in the next group when she barged in. Plus the group after the group about to go in waiting for their turn (the two groups were friends and wanted their own separate photo shoots), and it was the end of the night
She was soooooooo mad she flipped her shit pointing at me and the group I was finishing yelling that they "better make sure [Kit] gets it right!"
And as soon as she was gone, all the guests said in unison "she's drunk" and were super polite

Wonder if same woman :thinking: my incident was in 2014 tho

Put ya guns awn!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 06:52:21 )

@bioshock:
Lol right, I honestly think these kinds of people are either on something (the lady tonight most likely was) or something psychological going on that they can't help. But still, not paid enough to deal with them so I just try to avoid engaging with them much and getting them out as quickly as I can xD

@kitalpha hart:
Haha it wasn't alcohol for sure, I can usually recognize that kind of intoxication. She just had something off about her (aside from being a karen) so I bet there were some drugs going on xD meth is pretty big around here apparently.
I didn't look at her much though, I have a (bad?) habit of never looking customers in the face. That's usually where I can see if someone's on something crazy or not though, usually affects their skin, eyes or teeth in a way

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 07:12:27 )

@Jolly: Put out some forks.

...wait no, even better. PLASTIC KNIVES.
They probably couldn't even cut a smoothie, anyway.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 14:28:27 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Jolly: considering the time gap, more stuff could've been added to the mix

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 16:58:25 )
People are starting to really snap around here. I'm sure it's happening everywhere.
Your experience doesn't surprise me but I feel bad for you having to deal with that. D:

I worked retail for 5 years and was always given the difficult customers. The demandy-snooty ones.
I grew up in a household full of 'Karen's //shudders// One of my sisters is even named Karen which makes me giggle. She's turned into a full-rage Karen during this pandemic times.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.