Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat There be ~ghosts~

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 21:26:03 )

Everyone thinks my school is haunted. The building was originally built in 1881 (dated in an old newspaper they found inside, which is now kept in a room along with other random old items) and its been through several changes. It wasn't a school until like, 30 years ago.

Whenever people start talking about it being haunted, I'm always a skeptic. One person asked me directly and I was like "no, I don't think it's haunted. I think there's just a lot of negative energy gathered here from all the stressed out students and staff" (and also the potent toxicity of some people that comes out a lot on campus).
Then some weird things happened to me right after I voiced that. Like hearing my name being called and "seeing things". I wave it all off like it's nothing, but there was one moment that I was alone and dressing a massage table. I wasn't even thinking about that sort of thing when I turned around and got hit with a HUGE wave of fear, as if something startled me, but nothing was there/nothing happened. It just pinned my nerves for a second.

Months later, today, I'm texting someone about ghosts (randomly) while sitting in the clinic basement, at a small dining table to eat on my break. And I was like
"lols everyone thinks its haunted here but I don't think so. There's just so much stress here, its bound to gather up in the atmosphere and make us feel tense"
Before I finish typing, I hear something make a loud click behind me, like something small fell on the hard floor. There's a small room a short distance behind where I sat, with the door open. Had filing cabinets and a coffee table in there. I turn the light on to check and there's no loose items that could've fallen. Aside from the plug end of a phone that wasn't hooked up. I tapped it around but didn't replicate the sound, so thought them walls be creaking. I go back to my chair, my eyes on the floor, and then I sit and go back to my biz.

I ran around for a bit, then came back down and sat in my spot again. Again, I hear the noise, a little louder. I don't pay attention. A moment later, I hear a fainter noise, I almost didn't notice it but it was the same direction.
Then I get up for the billionth time and that's when I found a pen sitting on the floor right behind my chair. It wasn't there before, because I DID look at the floor in that spot, and there were no surfaces behind me that it could've come from. I picked it up and dropped it a few times and replicated the sounds I was hearing, the last one that was more faint sounded like a short roll of the pen on the wooden floor.

I got excited like
duuuuuuuuuuuude :vanora_xd:
I still don't think its haunted but I love when weird shiz happens that makes you think for a moment

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 21:43:46 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Okay so if the building isn't haunted then maybe several people are, since apparently ghosts can attach themselves to people

Put ya guns awn!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 22:12:01 )

@kitalpha hart:
That's a possibility! Although its "haunted" reputation goes back 10-20 years of people saying they've experienced something.
The owners are kinda like me where they are skeptical of it. Like, the building is old, and SEEMS like it'd be haunted based on appearances and history lol
I think that if someone believes a place is haunted, they're more likely to experience something weird because that's how their subconscious mind is interpreting incidences.

But it has apparently spooked people enough that I believe 6 years ago, the owners had the school side of the building blessed by a priest and he set crucifixes above the door frames. When she told me about this, it interested me a lot because there's a sealed door in the basement classroom, kinda tucked at the far end where you almost wouldn't notice it there unless you use the massage table near to it. The priest stopped at that door and rattled on in his tongue, which the school owner didn't understand but she said he sounded a little more tense and spent an extra moment in that spot. She doesn't believe in the hauntings, but she was like "that made me wonder a bit, although I didn't ask him about it... I just let him do his thing"

That's where I heard my name called from several months back o;
One of my classmates heard it too
and also where I got hit with that random panic I mentioned, that's the table I was dressing. I use that table because no one else likes to and its more quiet.

Ilovespookythings

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 22:12:25 )

Sorry for the mouthful xD
I got excited

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 22:19:01 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Jolly: hey don't apologize, this is some cool info
But clearly the ghosts aren't affected by crucifixes, time to find different ghost-removal procedures

Put ya guns awn!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 22:31:25 )

@kitalpha hart:
Haha right? Or idk, do crucifixes have an expiree date? xD gotta dip em in the holy water again, get all nice and recharged.
Or maybe if there is a ghost, it just isn't evil so unaffected by crucifixes?

Who knows!
My mom's worried that I'll bring a ghostly friend home with me. Something fell off the counter when I walked past it a moment ago and she's like ITSAGHOOOOST :vanora_xd:

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 23:04:54 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Jolly: sage! Smudge the place. Tell the ghosts to calm their tits please and thank you

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 01:18:17 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oooOoooOooooOoo spoooOoooOoky :3

i think regardless of whether or not ghosts are real
it's fun to think abt and like why not, life is short and ephemeral right lol
haunted things are fun ^^

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 04:13:30 )

@kitalpha hart:
hahaha right! XD

@koneko:
Right, I don't have a definitive answer of whether I believe in ghosts or not.
But I do definitely believe that many, if not most "weird incidences" are distorted a bit by the subconscious expecting it to be something supernatural.
Or expecting that something is there.

@xvz:
Exactly! WHich is why I get excited when weird things happen. People love talking about ghosts or "strange moments" so whenever I bring these things up like at my job, it becomes a series of campfire stories of all the weird things we've experienced xD
its fun. Lots of giggles, "oooo's" and "eehhhh's"

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 10:09:24 )

》::: ✿・`.*
I used to not believe in ghosts or energy or really anything til I got with my boyfriend. My entire family has ghost encounters and I even had one before but I just kinda dismissed them. Now that im into wicca I kinda have done a huge turnaround:
We have a gravesite of a witch who was burned here a long time ago. It has multiple graves but is known for the tree where she was burnt. Its a hotspot. People go all the time and everyone has a story. I was there before but nothing much happened other than out car getting stuck
Went with some friends and my bf not too long ago. We were exploring and he's like, "hey guys whats that?" We turn around and its a weird.. grey blob is the best way to describe it. Energy felt weeeeird and negative. It was like... when your eyes cant focus on something. I ran my ass to the car and everyone followed bc i was a big baby lmao. We sat in it for awhile (i wanted to GO but my friend was driving) and the car was fogging up from the heat. Handprints were appearing ALL OVER the windows and it was horrifying. We got the hell out after that lol
I have other stories but thats the scariest ive encountered. Someone should make a ghost story thread!

*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 16:53:52 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

Sometimes I get the feeling that someone's behind me, except I'm always alone in a room when it happens. I get chills down my spine and everything - and so far I have no real theories... except ghosts lol

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 17:19:37 )

@bioshock:
That's kind of interesting! Yeah I'm definitely someone that would investigate weird things like that freezer lid jiggling. Meanwhile whoever is with me is usually scared shitless of ghosts and would bolt once we realize its something weird like that xD
I just start to giggle when I can't figure it out. Like "that's weeeeeeeeeeiiirddd"

@milkshake:
Oh man yeah, that's definitely like something out of a horror film~!
Reminds me of some youtubers I used to watch a lot of. They set to film up in a snowy cabin so they can do silly things in the snow. Then it was late at night and I cant remember what they were doing, but one of them was outside on the deck and the others were inside filming, and he goes up to the window and then suddenly they all stop like, "wtf is this hand print??"
it was up by the guy's face, but it was the size of a toddler's hand, and they're like "no one's been in this cabin??????"

Their's could probably be easily explained if I knew full details
and obv they could be playing on it a bit like maybe the cabin was rented out in the past and that window didn't get cleaned ;D
But its still interesting to think about like, what if~?

@0v7:
I used to have recurring incidences of that when I lived in a house in florida. It wasn't the house that my family suspected to be haunted, but there was a hutch/writing desk thing that was in my room that came from a very horrible, evil old man that died. Was technically my great grandfather but everyone disowned him for being an abusive dick. He played around with witchcraft stuff so my parents are like "HE'S HAUNTING USSSS"
particularly me, who felt stalked, breathed on, pinched/grabbed, and couldn't look in mirrors without a random sense of fear and dread.
Then we tossed the thing and it all stopped.
For a skeptical mind, I could say it might've been a placebo to toss it ;D or maybe it was an angry hutch desk thing

@koneko:
Yeah I agree. Its a lot of fun to get that little thrill of "what just happened?" but there's usually a good debunk.
My mom was complaining to me yesterday because she keeps hearing weird noises in the house when we're the only ones home, and she thinks I brought a ghost with me by pissing it off at school (when I denied its existence again).
I'm like
look
human friends suck so I had to find me a dead one
She just like Ò3Ó

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 18:44:49 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

@Jolly: Maybe something in my house is haunted.. though I can't image what, since everything is pretty new - wait, my actual house is a decade old and probably harbors bad energies... uh oh, gotta throw the whole house away /joking

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 19:15:12 )

@0v7:
Oh yup, burn it :vanora_xd:
some people would argue its the land beneath the house
death is everywhere~~

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.