Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat NEW Microsoft Edge

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 00:02:11 )
I'm using my Surface Go right now, and something I noticed recently with it is that it never seems to load ANY comments on Youtube. So I decided to try out this new microsoft edge from the latest windows update... and I'm surprised that it's ACTUALLY good? Like, I would say on par wiith Chrome (I'm loyal to chrome ever since i started using it like 10+ years ago lol)

I still use Chrome for everything else, it's just here on my surface go that I use microsoft edge. im just so surprised lol. But i think I read somewhere that it is kind of outsourced from google? maybe that's why it's very chrome-like lol

What browser do you guys use?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 00:07:16 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight

I use Chrome, and im debating on giving that whole Microsoft edge a go, I'm just not sure.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 00:13:40 )
@star2000shadow: If you're using Windows - then I would say definitely give it a try. I feel like I'm still using Chrome tbh lol. Just minus the theme that I have on my Chrome. :viosweat:
And for me the Bing as search engine was kind of annoying - but they made it possible to change the search engine to google, too! So i'm very happy with it! ♥

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 00:14:50 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight

hmm might give it a try. thanks for suggesting it. and awesome avi by the way.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 00:41:41 )
I use Chrome and Firefox(mainly for a game that dosen't look right in chrome). Sometimes every once in a great while I will use Microsoft Edge (I still call it explorer, lol) for certain things that don't load right... mainly youtube vids.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 00:47:19 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

I use Firefox only, no Chrome or Edge - for personal reasons regarding privacy/data. I used to be a big Chrome fan and then ended up switching to Brave a couple years ago, and then finally to Firefox this year. The only thing I miss is like, easy user-switching - but Firefox has containers that can be used for that purpose =v=;

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 01:57:48 )

@0v7: I'm pro privacy and data too. Firefox does a pretty good job compared to other companies. People online like to poo poo Apple but they have the best privacy stance.
I actually met someone that worked for Firefox back in the day and was the key person for their privacy stances. She was really interesting. Her husband worked for Apple and she said that they are really the only ones doing it right. She had her own cafe, but then she got an offer to teach at a University so she closed the cafe and decided to do that. She has a PhD in Digital Privacy. That's what her classes are about too.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 16:13:50 )

@Totalanimefan: I haven't used much of Apple seeing as I have only owned Android based things. Now if I can only get Google off my phone entirely without breaking it :/

I think the worst privacy stance held by a company is TikTok - if there is an API used to collect data about you, they use it... which is scary for me to think about. Thankfully I don't use it =v=

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 19:19:50 )

@0v7: I HATE how popular TikTok is because I hate their privacy stance.
I hate how it's popular with young kids that don't know any different, I hate that people don't seem to care when clearly their data is worth a lot.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 19:24:54 )

@Totalanimefan: Many of my family members use TikTok - encouraging me to make one, and I straight up tell them, "I don't want my data stolen." People claim that the data is anonymized - but they steal so much of your data that you can easily be identified from only the data =_=

I'm glad at least one person agrees with me on TikTok's privacy stance though, for a while I thought I was just like, paranoid =v=;

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 20:27:15 )

@0v7: Oh no, it's pretty much not anonymous. Plus it gives all the data to the Chinese government. Go tell that to some Americans and I'm sure they will stop using it lol.
You aren't crazy. I live in the Bay Area and people know around here to stay away. XD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 20:39:23 )

@Totalanimefan: Tbh I wouldn't want my data collected and sent anywhere =v=;
I'm glad I'm not just being paranoid though!!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/29 20:46:47 )

@0v7: Yeah same, but you know how some people are about China. ๐Ÿ™„

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 19:27:02 )
My laptop is essentially a potato with a couple of wires and diodes sticking out.

I use Firefox, because chrome is too much for it to handle and runs very slowly.
Haven't tried the new Edge yet.
I've always wanted to lift a large quadraped over my head

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 21:17:23 )

โ˜… โ˜… โ˜…
    had a bad first impression when the thing forced itself to try to be my default browser :b
    i have all of my stuff saved in firefox tho, don't really want to migrate lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/1 01:25:07 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ• โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

chrome uses up SO much ram but i'm used to it ... i think safari is p fast and i Love swiping to go back (it's preloaded and feels really satisfying) but i use the chrome inspector enough to stick to it
if someone were to ask me tho i would probably rec firefox! mozilla is a great org and and is not-for-profit :-) so they don't have any incentive to like, sell ur data
i think the real reason google invested in chrome is for data collection >_>

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

โ €โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €art shopโ €·โ €galleryโ €·โ €closetโ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €buying / questing: capricorn โ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.