Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat This kid today

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 02:59:23 )

This customer's kid suddenly blurted out that I was very beautiful today
He was probably like, 8 or something.

Then he asked me what my gender was. Very polite about it.

Like, regardless of my naturally effeminate looks that screams "female" and that I do identify as one also, it still warmed my little heart that this kid GETS IT. Rather than assuming, just ask. Whether I was a boy or a girl, his first concern was to pay a compliment regardless. His mom was giggling like "he's in a no-filter phase I'm sorry!"
but nah lady, you're teaching him a friendly mindset xD

idk, maybe this would make another person uncomfortable. It made me happy and amused though

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 13:39:42 )
@jolly: aww wow would an adorable child that would of made my day.. some kids are afraid of people or things they're not sure of.. i have a 10 year old nephew with autism he doesnt question anyone that looks different he doesnt question skin colour or peoples sexuality.. i have gay and lesbian friends hes never asked why my female friend has a girlfriend or why my gay male friend has a boyfriend.. he sees everyone as equal.. my friend wasnt well one time and he was only 8 he made her a rainbow loom band bracelet and ring and when he gave them to her she hugged him so tight.. hes always on the internet so he educates himself of whats going on in the world .. kids are always honest and just say what they see and when they do things like that its so heart warming <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 16:24:12 )

@koneko:
Yes, the order that he did it in meant a lot more too! Children have such innocent minds, they can really surprise me sometimes when I get so used to talking to grumpy adults at my job xD

@lilmisskushy:
Oh my god that's so precious <3
It's good for children to experience people who are different from their parents when growing up. Gives them that sense of normality before society can try and muddle it up for them lol

I remember when I was little, my dad had this band mate who was black. I think he was their singer, I can't remember. He had this energy about him that I fell in love with (little 4 or 5 year old me) so I would cling to him (literally, armlock lmao) and dubbed him as my uncle. I remember sitting on the couch with him while my parents were hanging out. And my mom looks at me weird like ".... why are you petting his arm?"
and I said something of the likes that his skin was very pretty. I probably thought he looked soft xD idk my parents must have been so worried that I'd say something rude, but this guy laughed so much and told me "you're not allowed to fall in love with any black boys"
I was EXTREMELY offended by this, enough that I can remember this moment over 20 years later XD I didn't understand his reasoning about behaviors or something, so I kept asking why a lot. He was black too so I also took it as rejection, like I wasn't allowed to love him as my uncle, which pissed little me off for so long. Growing up, any time anyone said I can't do something with or marry a black man, I'd be like BET

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/21 19:13:07 )
@jolly: it really was precious.. my mum and dad brought us up the same way.. so we dont judge people's skin colour or sexuality or anyone that looks different than us.. my mum and dad wouldng care who i got married to aslong as they were good to me and treated me right.. my daughter isnt even 2 yet but she loves music and she loves and dances to stormzy she loves any rnb music and gets excited when she sees anyone with black skin.. so i think she will be the same as we were all brought up which is good..
Kids can sense when they see see good people.. they're a good judge of character.. so you could sense that ur dads friend was a good person.. <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 00:36:41 )

@lilmisskushy:
Hahaha yeah, I know right now when people say "I don't see color" it tends to have a more closed-minded meaning to it. When I say it, what I mean is that I'm not judging the colors, like how I view someone isn't changing based on that. I get more interested in the concept of energies and such xD
and yeah he is a good person, they still talk to this day!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:16:58 )
oh my goodness that is so cute!!!
What an awesome kiddo. <33 and an awesome parent !

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:22:22 )

dude and then today this grown ass man is walking by my register
stops to tell me he likes my bangs, said it looks pretty. but he WASN'T hitting on me, he just kept walking but sincerely needed to make my day xD

my bangs are a dang mess, soaking up my breath that's pouring out of the side of my mask, they literally frizz out from it.
these compliments are catching me offffffff but it's very nice ;v;

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.