Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Businesses are opening back up, that means...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 20:49:14 )

... SPAM CALLS 20 TIMES A DAY ARE BACK
boy did I miss not being able to rely on my phone for important calls unless I save the phone numbers beforehand
because random call centers wont leave me aloooooooooooooone and they clog up my voice mail with silent messages

.-.

I think this is a really normal thing in northern CO? I wonder if its just a normal thing in general in the US these days.
Its madness though, I have to always have my phone on silent cause it sets off so often lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 21:31:27 )

@koneko:
ahh mine are all different. so if someone calls---someone's actually calling right now XD--and I don't have the number saved I dont answer cause its 99% spam. And I was told that if I answer the calls it'll only get worse. Which, has happened lol and also told they count the rings and know if someone denies the call, so I just let it go through its course of ringing until it stops.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 21:44:24 )

@koneko:
I never answer either. Haven't done so in years anyway. I think the start of my problem is whoever had my phone number before me must have signed up for a bunnnnnnnch of stuff cause once I got the number, I didn't even get to my house before getting spam calls lol
Then I also had to add my phone number to a bunch of financial stuff for scholarships and whatnot for college, and one loan (so I probably have some debt collectors in there)
wouldn't doubt if my credit card company gives away my number either.

I get so fussy when some websites start requiring phone numbers for their security. Its just ANOTHER thing to bring me more spam calls ;n;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 22:49:24 )

@koneko:
I'm not sure if that costs money or not xD
I only had it changed in the first place cause I changed providers.
I was also too lazy to go ask someone lmao

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 10:08:26 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Half the time I miss the call cuz I'm asleep lol
So I've been lucky enough to not get many
The weirdest trio were the missed calls from Russia. Um, person, I would hate to see your bill after realizing you called a number that's from the States

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 11:16:19 )

My Grandpa used to answer all of the spam calls and spam them back. XD;;
He would ramble on about his woes, try to sell THEM something, or basically just troll them.
After a while, they stopped calling for the most part.
Come to think of it, he probably got himself stuck on some ban list or something. XDDD;;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 14:58:28 )

@kitalpha hart:
Oh my, I haven't had any foreign countries yet. Thats kind of hilarious lol
Maybe they were trying to call someone they know in the US though and got the digits wrong.

@kozi:
That's always fun to do. Sadly, mine seem to just be inhuman xd any time I've accidentally answered in the past it would just have an automated message on an awkward volume level..

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 15:11:07 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Jolly: or forgot some

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 17:36:00 )
What I don't understand about the lack of spam calls during quarantine is that it's very easy to work from home to do that kind of shenanigans. So while I'm not complaining about the lack of spam calls, I'm just surprised that they haven't continued lol.

I never answer calls from unfamiliar phone numbers though. If it's really important or a legit call, they'll leave a voicemail. I never really get those silent voicemails.

ALSO I really wish it was illegal to sell your information without your written consent. It probably is in some way, but there's no way to prove which company did it. In any case, if a vendor asks for my number to get my demographics or if they even ask for my zip code, I just tell them to use their store information. "Well we need your zip code for your debit card." No you fucking don't, STFU or don't take my money. >:U
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.