Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat my mom doesnt think i can have stress

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 00:13:11 )

i'm just gonna copy and paste a status i made on fb lol.
Told my mom I bought these cbd joint things. Won’t get me high. But they’ll help with the stressful ness that will happen next month. I realize I didn’t need to tell her. I’m an adult ya. But I wasn’t gonna be sneaking around smoking. So I told her I bought them for my stress. Which is true, got them for stress and to help me sleep, havent been sleeping much lately.

This is why I don’t talk about my feelings. “Okay nick.” That’s my deadbeat dad. He’s an alcoholic that has chosen alcohol, crack, and other drugs to mask the shit in his life. My mom assumes cbd is part of weed, so it must be bad lol. So after she called me nick, I went “and this is why I didn’t want to tell you” her response? “I just don’t understand why you have stress. You have nothing to be stressed and depressed about. Try paying bills. Try worrying about how you’re going to raise a child by yourself. Then you can be stressed. What you have happening in your life, all you have to do is take care of it and move on.”

Why the FUCK are there adults with this mindset that young adults, teens and kids can’t experience stress and depression?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 00:30:58 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Oh dear, I'm really sorry you had to go through this *sending you a virtual hug to you* and your parents (especially your mom) don't really understand that not only elders and middle aged adults, everyone of all ages (regardless) can experience stress and depression as you said.

Also telling someone to move on is like telling someone to stop doing this or that in a minute. Which is stupid in my opinion. I too hate these kinds of people with the "hur hur young people can't have stress or whatsoever duh" mindset.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 00:45:17 )

@ChiffonOrange: honestly though. and like, they dont realize that, young adults and teens commit suicide, but before they did so, they went to an adult with that mindset for help. and that adult told them to "get over it." "dont sweat it" "you'll be fine."

i'm not saying im gonna commit suicide, but the thought has definitely crossed my mind in the past.

now i just endure the verbal abuse, and save up so i can flee one day.

hey i'm Jessi.

my friend cnts made the pixel

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 00:54:18 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Jessibuns: True. *nods* Telling them those things isn't helping them, they could've either helped or listen to their reasons first before (the adults) thinking. And I see, saving up to move out from your parents might be a good idea if you had (somewhat toxic) parents who won't listen or say stupid things to you.

Verbal abuse is just as bad as any kind of abuse tbh.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 01:24:54 )

@Jessibuns: wow. I’m so sorry. Everyone is capable of being stressed. Especially in these times. Just because your mom is going through a tough time in life doesn’t mean others aren’t either. Honestly don’t listen to her about this. It’s good that you didn’t keep it from her but you are also free to do as you please.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 01:27:11 )

Oh and when I was a teen I was told by my aunt that it’s not possible for me to have depression. This was weeks after my grandma who I was very close to died. And my first BF who I was serious with broke up with me. So people don’t know what the fuck they are talking about. You know your feelings.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 04:11:19 )

I'm sorry for that, its really frustrating when people just draw assumptions about your life as if they were living it. You can live with someone and still not know the first thing that's going on with them, tbh.

My dad kind of does this to me but I know his reasoning a little bit. Without going into a story, a choice he made 8 years ago resulted in the whole family suffering and he's overwhelmed with guilt about it. So he denies my stress because it hurts him to know it (I usually try not to say anything about it but sometimes I forget). He also struggles with bipolar disorder preeeeeetty badly so emotions are hard for him :|

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 06:50:42 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I hate assumptions that because I haven't done x, I can't have/experience/whatever y

I just give them my "you're a fucking idiot" stare, especially if I'm at work
But it's even more fun if I can refute them
Like this one job I applied for (and didn't get), this one woman was griping about how the potential new teen was someone with no life experience (and thus couldn't do the job). Her coworker, who had kids that went to the same school as me, retorted that yes, Kit does have life experience. Kit beat cancer
When dad was told about it cuz he worked a different area there, he found it funny

I got a bit off topic there. I apologize

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 07:04:57 )

Just because other people have it worse than you, it does not negate your problems. She is projecting her problems onto you and it's not very fair of her to do so because you are not the source of her problems. It sounds like she's working through some issues (who isn't honestly) so try not to take it too personally, but also know that you don't deserve it. If you find something that helps you and you're happy with your choices then that's what matters.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.