Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Recommended art sites?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 05:36:56 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

What the title says it all and sorry if this has been asked for plently of time and I didn't see it with my own eyes :viosweat:

I've been thinking to post a few drawings of mine on a website but I haven't found a decent art site besides the well-known Deviantart, Tumblr, Twitter*, Instagram* and Pixiv. Making own website seems like an out of option since you have to pay the domain to change to your liking.

I've been also thinking about creating a Blogspot account to post my drawings (both SFW and *coughs* maybe NSFW) and sometimes keeping it as an online journal book there but I had second doubts about it. As for Pillowfort, I still haven't decide about it yet.

* I know Twitter and Instagram aren't exactly art sites despite lots of artists (hobbyist or not) posting their arts there

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 05:53:51 )

Pillowfort is quaint but, a little too quiet for me personally.
Artstation is one I see the bigshots using. not sure if its more aimed for commercial use or what.
You can also use free website domains like wix or weebly!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 05:55:42 )

I forgot about FA! The community on there is always very friendly. I just don't use it much ;v;

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 06:00:46 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Jolly: I just searched up on Artstation and i feel it's more for professional artists, not so much on hobbyists though. Hmmm... I see, thanks ^^ maybe I'll check those sites later.

@Bioshock: I see, I've heard of Furaffinity but not Weasyl before. And true, that's the unfortunate part and thank you.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 07:02:01 )
@ChiffonOrange: I post on FA and Weasyl. My FA gets more traction but Weasyl has a native blacklist (which is a godsend lol). Pillowfort allows nsfw

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 07:51:38 )
@ChiffonOrange:
it depends if you wanted a site that you will use for free or pay per month is what you are looking for.

i have a paid one suggestion:
carrd.co - its 19USD per year (yes per year)
you can find a template for your site to post arts (it can be design as a portfolio) or make your own website template, that still works well.

you can add an option of adding domain name in your art site and also can make multiple carrd websites in the same account.

I have my own site that was made from carrd and so far i love it because it has the latest website qualities and yet its not as expensive as squarespace website.

they have a 7 day trial if you like to try their website templates.
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 08:42:58 )

@Bioshock: Hold on, back up.
FA *allows* Human/non-furry art now? Last I checked it's in its rules that all art must be furry.

Secondly, Weasyl is a furry site? Since when!? I had an account there ages ago, and I've never thought that it was a furry site. LOL

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 09:42:28 )
I used to post on https://www.wysp.ws/ a lot!
It seems like a small and sweet community but can be a lil dead if you post at the wrong time
;w;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 10:36:46 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Keturah: Looks nice :o hmm... maybe I'll look around on that site xD And yeah, that would be pretty awful if the community seems dead I guess. ^_^;

@Kairu: I see. *nods* I've never heard of carrd.co and sounds like it has a pretty neat option. 19 USD converted to about 80 MYR seems pretty costly to me since I'm not from US, sorry if I didn't mentioned it on this reply earlier ( ; - ; )

@Lilykin: Ah alright haha, I guess FA is more popular than Weasyl which I've never heard of

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 11:43:25 )
@chiffonorange:
It's so truee!
It's so sad so many art sites are either too saturated, don't have a community, or are dead.
It's so sad I wish there were better places to meet and connect with other artists. I find discord servers are often the only place I can do that now days
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 12:02:33 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Keturah: I know right? Dx And yeah I agree with you, sites like Deviantart used to be a better place before it changed to well... not so much for art but more like for popularity instead. I see. I rarely use Discord unless I want to talk to my brother if I'm bored lol

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 18:25:26 )
@Amber Lynne: I think that's what they wanted to push it as to begin with but it's def a furry site now lmao.

@ChiffonOrange: It really is unfortunately, FA is not great from the leadership down but we're kinda stuck with it until folks shift off of it for real. I know some artists have mostly moved to Twitter/Insta but it really doesn't have the same community feel

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 21:19:25 )

@Lilykin: huh. All right then. Did not know that

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 21:24:49 )

There are websites where you can make your own website for free. You just have a domain name with their webservice name in it. There's Webflow, Ucraft, Weebly, Jimdo

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 21:41:46 )
@Amber Lynne: It kinda stinks that it got pigeonholed into furry art (I mean, I enjoy furry art obviously if I'm still there lol) but it has lot of potential. With the collections, the characters pages, and the marketplace I don't know why more people didn't transition over

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 21:50:22 )

@Lilykin: Are they like FA where they don't want non-furry art?

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 22:02:23 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Lilykin: I see *nods*

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 23:03:01 )
@Amber Lynne: Absolutely not. They were one of the sites to welcome the nsfw tumblr folks

Honestly the whole furry vs. non-furry thing is silly. I wouldn't identify as furry but I draw anthro art occasionally and enjoy furry art/content. Even then, there's plenty of crossover interests that there's no reason folks can't share a creative space

@ChiffonOrange: Totes forgot about https://artri.se/
It's still in beta but it looks interesting

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 23:20:18 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Lilykin: Alright then and it does looks nice despite it's in beta like Pillowfort. And what's with this furry vs non-furry thing you guys been talking about? :o

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 23:42:08 )
@ChiffonOrange: I don't know if it's in open beta like PF is. I just remembered a few artists talking about it cause they got an early invite

Some furry artists are very protective of their spaces. To the point of excluding and harassing anyone that doesn't identify of as furry in those spaces. As long as people being respectful I don't see a problem with non-furries joining. I think some of the concern was that non-furries would take over... but let's be real, people don't join a furry website unless they have some interest in furry content

@Bioshock: It was sold to me as "furry-friendly" lol
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.