Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Recommended art sites?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/4 23:59:49 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Lilykin: Ohh I see. And yikes, I think that's a bit too much just because there are people who don't consider themself as a furry (whether they draw furry or not). Those people no need to go harassing on anyone because of that petty reason though.

I don't think non-furries would take over a furry site, it sounds silly to me And true, it depends on the person's interest.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 00:58:26 )

@Lilykin: totally fair. Maybe I'll see if I can dust off my old account.... If I can Remeber the login. Lol

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 22:49:39 )

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention, if no one else has. Wysp is another site that has been around for a few years.

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 23:17:46 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

I see, although Keturah has mentioned that site before :o but it looks okay to me. I might want to read their FAQ first

Voltie — they/he Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 00:06:57 )
not sure if this has been suggested already but i use waterfall - it's a much better alternative to pillowfort in my personal opinion. the community is a little small just by nature of it being a """"tumblr clone"""", but it's constantly being developed and improved, but there's a commission market feature and everyone on there i've seen is really nice

i think it has the ability to become much better than tumblr if it keeps gaining members so i always keep an eye on it and i mostly post my art there instead of anywhere else

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 00:14:08 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Waterfall? *quickly goes to look up on search engine*

It looks pretty soothing in my opinion when I first saw its main website. And if you don't mind me asking but what's the difference between Waterfall and Pillowfort aside being "tumblr clones"?

And I see, another cool artist ^^ I don't mind seeing your art (no pressure if you don't want to show them, I understand)

Voltie — they/he Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 00:29:14 )
i think the most obvious distinction that can be made between them is the staff styles they have, at least that's what most users seem to pick between. pillowfort is very much a "do what you want" site to an extent that some users do not agree with. while waterfall on the other hand is not necessarily heavily moderated to a stifling degree (you won't get banned for anything you do off site or anything), its community guidelines are a lot more clear and readable and set a foundation for what kind of style the moderators approach... well... moderating. there's also the focus on content creators by introducing things like the commission market, and so on. while pillowfort has instead kind of made it so users can make their own "commission markets" so to speak by way of communities. waterfall has talked about implementing something like communities in the future, but so far hasn't :O

also, as for my art, i added a link to my waterfall in my sig if you wanna check it out! :O perhaps not my best work on there, but, hey, at least im postin' which i didn't do much of before >o>;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 00:41:26 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Ah I see. *nods* Hmm... Maybe I'll think about whether should I join either Pillowfort (though it needs an invite code if you don't want to spend money on it) or Waterfall, though I heard about the disadvantages from both sites people talked about.

Okay then *goes take a look at your art* Looks really good! I also like how you made the glowing effect as well :3 and that's okay, I don't mind

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.