Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature What is a book your favourite book/series you love to reread?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 19:13:05 )

I also love Heartless by Marissa Meyers. It is whimsical and interesting and a backstory of the Queen of Hearts.

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 09:16:41 )
My favourite books/book series include the Grishaverse by Leigh Bardugo, A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R Martin, Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, and many more. :) I am currently rereading Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo; it's good, although I prefer the first book more. I love Wylan so much.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 04:06:04 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Okay I have two!

There is this one trilogy I read as a teen that means a lot for me. They only had the first book available at the school library and I randomly found this girl in one of my classes who had the other two and she lent them to me. I ended up buying a copy of all three for myself as my very first online order ever. The first one is called The Hollow Kingdom, by Clare B. Dunkle and I reread all three of these books yearly and have for the last ten years. I just really like the spin it puts on goblins and elves and is just 10/10 will reread again soon.

The second one is Magic Bites, there are ten books that follow Kate Daniels and her growth from mercenary to working with a pack of shifters and more. Also the slow burn between her and the leader of the pack is a+.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 14:44:00 )
It has been a number of years now, but I have read and re-read the Lord of the Rings series several times. Also, I've re-read the Harry Potter series (like a lot of people, probably), and I have enjoyed rereading books like 1984 and Brave New World in the past but can't manage that these days - the fiction is hitting too close to the truth and it just makes me mad. :/

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 13:39:55 )

Harry Potter is my favorite series to reread, along with the dark hunters series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Oh, there are just so many books and series to choose from.

I am currently reading a book called It Takes Grit by Rebecca Louise. It is a fitness/personal development book!

Questing

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 14:03:47 )
My favourite book series I love to reread would probably be the Ashes trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick. I loved the zombies in it, the plot was really interesting and I loved the four main characters. :3

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 21:30:44 )
I'm rereading House of Leaves because I recently bought it :3

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/27 00:25:47 )
I have reread The Graveyard Book probably five times now. It's one of my favorites.

Voltie — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/27 17:57:36 )
idk if this counts cause it's a graphic novel, but I constantly re-read On A Sunbeam by Tillie Walden! it's just so good! a book I read a ton that isn't a graphic novel is The Tiger's Daughter. They have very different vibes but are both very good. I also just finished Gideon the Ninth, which I 100% recommend

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 21:49:42 )

I'm enjoying J.R.R. Tolkien and Ancient Norse Eddas.
I've read The Elder Edda not so long ago and it became my the most favourite. I really like to re-read "Havamal" part.
I'd also like to get Prose Edda, but can't find it anywhere with decent translation. *cries in viking*

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/16 02:17:11 )
I've been interested in Norse mythology ever since I watched History Channel's Vikings (which is one of my all-time fave shows). Idk why, but I haven't really delved in reading books I bought a long time ago associated with it; Bernard Cornwell's series & Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology - I'll get around to them someday; they're just sitting in my bookshelf atm ;) Maybe the strong pull towards the dark complex nature of Norse is an immersive visual thing for me~

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 00:47:03 )
I’m now rereading Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor again (and then Strange the Dreamer - it’s perhaps not as interesting as the predecessor at first, but it gets better, and I love Muse of Nightmares so much because of my son, Thyon Nero) - to revive/enrich my memory for continued muse small snapshot drabbles on my OC.

About upcoming books: I am so excited for Chain of Iron by Cassie Clare to come out in March!! <3
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 18:10:22 )

I love rereading most of Barbara Comyns's novels, but especially: The Vet's Daughter, The Skin Chairs, Sisters by a River and Our Spoons Came From Woolworths. She writes like an unsettling fairytale. Honestly I wish she wrote more novels. I'm trying to get ahold of A Touch of Mistletoe, but it's out of print so it's not easy to come by.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 02:05:24 )

I like to reread The Black Jewel series by Anne Bishop every now and again. But also really love to reread Howl's Moving Castle.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 06:57:07 )

I will reread Twilight until I die, it is my favorite series.
      The same goes for The Hunger Games and probably every Percy Jackson, or Percy Jackson related book by Rick Riordan.
      To a lesser extent, The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 19:19:16 )
If only I could re-read the Millennium series again by Stieg Larsson. They're where Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is from. I really loved the three books and especially how interestingly the characters were written--especially the protagonist.

I'm in the middle of two books right now, but I don't know when I'll finish them; I seem to be a bit slow these days.
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Dune by Frank Herbert

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.