Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion I love alternate colored characters...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 17:29:55 )

I originally designed my avi (the right side) to be this cheerfully colored character to contrast the grump that I am. When I was feeling moody and I came on this site, I'd see her silly little orange/pink self and be like "aaaaahhhh but this is JOLLY, I must post with optimism cause that's who she's meant to be!"
And in some weird way it amused me.
Of course I kind of broke her character with this current sad face cause life got too cruddy to shake it off. Her smiling pink-eyed face was contrasting me too hard lmao sorryjolly
So I played around with her colors, and my silly character-creator brain is like "dude, no, this is someone else now. Make this a story"
and just like that, I'm amused again

Do you get this attached to your avis?
Like, you just cant help thinking about ways to make them into legit OCs and formulate stories for them
no matter how unintended it was from the start lol

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 18:59:00 )

oh hell yeah i made a whole bunch of OCs derived from avatars from another site
    i've grown attached to a few of my avatars i've made on here too |D
    avatars are fun to design characters \o/

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 19:25:14 )

I love it. When I saw your avatar in another thread I thought the same thing. This is her but darker now lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 21:42:45 )
Oh this really is fun :D i did such a thing too at other sites
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/12 03:02:30 )

Sometimes I come up with a story or connection between myself and my avatar, but not always.
My last avatar was just a cute thing that I came up with and liked, but there wasn't much else behind it.
I made the one I have now because I just wanted to sit in the sun barefooted and garden or something, and that's the vibe this avatar gave me.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/12 17:24:24 )
I don't make OCs of my avis, but I definitely try to put together something that amuses me, and make up a story in my head to tie together all the pieces I decide to equip. However, I do have a mule that I made so I could have two separate avis for this site, even though I've never posted with her, I still had fun choosing her aesthetic to contrast with this one, initially

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 18:49:08 )

Very rarely. Usually any recurring avatar "characters" I use are based on OCs or personas I already had. I've got one or two avatars I like enough to revisit and sort of treat them as their own characters, though.
TBH this would probably happen a lot more often if we had more items and themes that suited my taste, and if there was more variety in body types and facial features. It takes a lot for me to feel inspired by an avatar. That said, to at least some extent, most if not all of my avatars have some sort of character/personality to them. I get no joy out of just matching colors and layering on items. They need to have at least a little bit of personality, even if it doesn't inspire me enough to revisit it or give it a name.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.