Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Weird Pet Habits

Donator — bun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 00:09:59 )
Have a pet? If so, what kind?
Do your pets have any strange habits or just do things in the most bizarre ways?

For example, I have a pet bun. She's really chill, but she LOVES to eat dog food. Like she'll straight up fight my dogs to eat it.

So, what kind of odd things do your pets do that make you wonder about them?

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 00:31:43 )
I have a stupid fat cat and he does a lot of weird things. off the top of my head, he likes to try to steal from plates which is normal asshole cat territory, but if there's carrots on my plate he'll always go for those? He'll ignore the meat and go right for the carrots. He won't even eat them he just steals them... He'll do that with mushrooms too.
later.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 00:32:58 )
Euphie likes to jump up on the back of my chair and sit there.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 00:55:58 )
Socks has a very weird obsession with bread. You can't have the bread unattended whenever he's inside, or else he'll tear through the bag and destroy as much bread as he can from the middle of the loaf.

Donator — bun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 01:03:08 )
@ghost: "normal asshole cat territory" is a great sentence, tbh. I've never heard of a cat just stealing carrots, like...does he just sit there and stare at them? Or will he hide them at all?

@slytherclaw: While you're sitting on the chair? Or is a territorial thing like "this is my chair now, human!"

@another movie addict: LOL that's amazing. RIP bread, though. :vanora_sweat:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 01:04:37 )
My rat (whose name is Odd) loves to bite my knee. Only ever my knee, and only gentle, but it's kind of part of his play routine? Like, he bites my knee, runs around in a crazy circle and then jumps on my shoulder. And repeats it. He's a little weirdo :P then again, rats are silly animals. One of my others, Ned, pulls on my sleeves until I let him climb up and sit inside my hoodie XD

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 01:04:48 )
@chai: We've lost a lot of loaves of bread to his obsession. He does eat though, no idea why he likes bread so much.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 01:09:39 )
@chai: While I'm in the chair. If I'm not she just takes my seat.
She also likes to play with tomatos and brussel sprouts, especially putting them in shoes.
She mews at me until I give her one.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — bun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 02:45:57 )
@sunny: Aw, Odd is such a cute name! And maybe he does it to show how much he loves you!
Your rats sound so cute. :vanora_heart:

@Another Movie Addict: That's so strange that he is so obsessed with bread, haha. Is it bad for him to eat it?

@Slytherclaw: Hahaha, that would be a confusing thing to find in your shoe the first time. Does she steal them from plates or will she only hide them if she's been given one?

avi site survey

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 02:47:19 )
@chai: It's not deadly, but no he really shouldn't eat bread. Why we try to keep it away from him.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 07:43:43 )
I have two cats and one of them always acts like she's hallucinating or something. Like she walks around slowly and cautiously and flinches and freaks out over nothing. Also she farts, which is weird for me cause I've had 4 cats and none of them have farted other than her, haha. They really smell too...

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 12:35:01 )
My cat is terribly spoiled. In the evenings when we close the door so that we can open the aircon, my cat likes to go in and out even when we're sleeping (so that means he wakes us up -- this is either through knocking or scratching my dad's foot. It's half funny half sad that he does this to my dad even when there are other people who are still awake haha).

Weirdly enough, opening the door isn't enough for him. He would want us to walk out with him and lead him somewhere (food bowl, usually), otherwise he'd just hover halfway through the living room and the bed room, and look up with those big, cute eyes.

Sometimes he'll just stare at his wet food and someone has to spoon feed him too.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.