Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Random life updates!

Donator — Queen Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 02:33:25 )
Hi guys!

So I'm in SUCH a good mood today!
I got out of a place where I was treated horribly for two years while I was a volunteer on their staff. I'm not going to mention the name of the site, but basically I got called stupid among other ways they treated me with such disrespect.

I'm particularly happy because I got them to ban me. If you treat people like crap, especially volunteer workers because you think that's okay, then if you make the person snap, reactions are natural.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 02:49:22 )
@Tink: glad you got out and are doing well. Congrats! To treat volunteers like 💩 is pretty bad. After all they're investing the highest valued commodity of all, their time, and for free. Big big cyber ava-hugs lol I cannot believe you lasted 2 years but then again I've stayed in situations longer than I should have as well. Cheers to cutting out the negativity. 🍵

Donator — Queen Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 02:59:12 )

@Xanthan: I have a problem with that. I keep thinking I'll be more willing to cut out toxic people and things, but the truth is, I'm horrible at it.
My boyfriend treated me like shit back in march and instead of breaking up with him, I've just stopped talking to him. I get too attached to things til I feel like I am always sort of stuck. Like I loved the site, so I kept putting up with being treated horribly especially in front of other staff members. I finally snapped at being called stupid, because if I were so stupid, there would have been others actually doing the thing that I got called stupid about. No one did it because it was confusing. Wasn't just me, but they always acted like everyone was stupid even though their ideas were dull for games.

Art by LittleWhiteDragonlet

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 05:05:46 )
@Tink: I have issues with it too at times. Sometimes I feel I can change the world and everyone just needs a little time and patience and attention. But sometimes I just need to cut it out and cut my losses. I've learned that if something begins to cost me my joy and peace of mind, then that price is simply too high. If ya ever wanna chat you can pm me.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 05:17:18 )

@Tink: Hey welcome back. So will you be on Voltra more now?

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 06:20:52 )
@Tink: I'm so glad you got out of that situation! I also have problems cutting out toxicity. With people,I feel like their comfort/happiness/etc is more important than my own,so I tend to not cut them out even if they're not healthy to be around. I also really don't like confrontation,so...

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 07:11:21 )
@Tink: Aww Tink *hugs* I'm sorry you had to go through that, it sounds horrible, but at least you're away from all that now XD

Hopefully things will be looking up for you ^^
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 08:14:39 )
@Tink: its good youre free now :D

Donator — Queen Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 17:01:23 )
@Xanthan: It really sucks. I wish I were a lot better at doing that, because I need to lol.

@Totalanimefan: Uhm maybe.
I kinda lost interest in avatar sites. I'm kinda feeling old but I may hang around here.

@Dean: Oh me too! I'm horrible about it. Like I don't like to have issues with people, but sometimes people can make me snap lol

@Dipper: Dippppp! I missed your face!

@Miss Sandman: Yeah it feels so good lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 17:13:33 )

@Tink: I am glad you got out of that situation.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 18:35:20 )

@Tink: all of us are in our 20’s and 30’s lol so I don’t think it’s a problem. Teens never sign up for avatar sites anymore lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 19:46:11 )
@Tink: you need to throw a Party;)
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/26 19:56:20 )
@Tink: Understandable! Everyone's got limits,and sometimes people push the wrong buttons! Also,I'm gonna be 33 in July.

Art by the fabulous Inatlaka!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/2 04:18:58 )
I'm too old to tolerate that type of stuff, glad you're out of that situation. Sounds awful. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mass exodus because of that type of behavior.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/2 05:16:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Glad to hear you got out of such a toxic environment.
No one deserves to go through that kind of treatment.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.