Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Lost my brand new cel phone, come mourn with me.

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/7 20:59:40 )

So on Saturday I was soooo excited to go out on date nite with my sweet Love. Everything was going awesome. I had a piña colada and I remember taking a selfie with my cell phone and placing it on the table where we were at chatting. We decided to go dance and as I was dancing I realize. I DO NOT HAVE MY CELL PHONE. I run back and it is no longer set on the table I was sitting at. Im so sad because I had just bought this phone. I already miss all those photos I took of my kitty, doggo and my daughter :(
Ever lose you phone? How did you feel. I feel kinda creeped out because whoever took my phone is looking at all my photos T_T

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/7 21:37:02 )

That sucks. Is there like a lost and found you could check? Maybe someone turned it in?

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/7 21:39:28 )

@inatlaka: Is it an android phone? If you have location turned on you can track it.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/7 21:58:18 )
That is a gigantic bummer yo. I hope the staff finds it, like it just fell off or got turned in to the manager. Losing a phone sucks
I have many issues, gender things among them
I also have a ballet obsession and an unhealthy interest in Sonic the Hedgehog games. Take as you will, haha!
@ me, yo!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/7 22:24:01 )

Did you call the place and ask? Someone could have turned it in. Because of passcodes it’s unlikely they stole it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/7 23:39:03 )

It was an LG phone and I had no passcode on it :(
I tracked the phone but it only shows the location I was last at. And no the staff didnt find any lost phone :(
I have a feeling someone shut it off and left with it.

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 00:19:34 )
@inatlaka: I present you with a gif

With my new phone I keep misplacing it or just straight up forgetting it upstairs
I hope you end up finding your phone dude
Tho if you cannot find it, definitely call your service provider with that info though & get it shut off asap

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 04:48:29 )
@mizuie:

Thanks mizuie. We did get it turned off. Got to save money now for the next one. Im so sad I will not be able to take photos of my art for now. D:

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 18:44:32 )
@inatlaka:
That's good! I'm glad you got it turned off, tho it sucks that you have to now save the money for a new phone
If you have an old tablet or an old smartphone tho it should already have the sim card in it & it should just have to be charged
If you dont have those then my next suggestion is either a scanner or a digital camera for maybe like 80 dollars ? (for traditional art)
My bad luck lays in cards that have a chip
I have the worst luck with the chips not working in the cards that I have to the point I'm forced to go get a new one & the first year i moved out to Oregon I had to replace the chip 3 times

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 01:37:39 )
@mizuie:

Yah. I should be getting a new phone with my old sim card in about two weeks. Im also very interested in buying a scanner. At my old school we had awesome equipment like giant scanners, 3d scanners, print machines, laser machine, magic. XD
I also suck with my usb memory sticks. They have all my art and then they become unreadable after a few years :(
I usually save my images all over the internet. Like that if I lose the files I can always look on here.

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 02:08:17 )
@inatlaka: Huzzah! ♡
I mostly just do digital
When I draw traditionally & I like it I usually just transfer it over digital
Otherwise it's usually just left in the sketchbook as just miscellaneous doodles

I want a laminator, a button maker, a 3d printer & lots of other things that will bleed me dry for the sake of creativity
I wanna get back into making intricate lil figurines & buttons again
Acrylic charms & enamel pins shall be later ( now I'm just rambling )

I'm practically the same way
So I ended up just getting a 4 TB drive when it was on sale at best buy
Tru tru I get that, tho I've noticed that the res does differ tho regarding how you post it - whether it's a png or a jpeg
If it's a png it's a little smoother vs the jpeg where it becomes a little blocky

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 02:26:44 )

@inatlaka: I've never lost my phone, but I once lost a $900 money order to pay my rent. It fell out of my pocket while I was walking around the store and I was very lucky that someone actually turned it in. Ever since then I've been super paranoid about anything I'm carrying around.

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 04:13:50 )

@mizuie: AH I see. A lot of my work is traditional. But I love photographing it and also editing it on photoshop. Like that a few of my traditional work becomes a design for a t shirt. I also love making gifs.
Oh man you are making me want a laminator now. I have the button machine. I bought it a few years ago. I need to get a bigger size so I can make bigger buttons. 3d printer is also one of my real live quests. XD

@Lufi: WOW! that is so sweet that they gave it back to you! My mom told me once she found 500$ inside a sandwhich bag when she was a child. I dont think she gave it back XD
I really really suck at taking care of my things. This is my 4th phone Ive lost but throughout the years. D:

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 06:53:00 )
@inatlaka:
I was just searching thru your insta & tumblr
I love the abstractness of your art, but then again I just love abstract shit

gifs are amazing yo

Photoshop is also really fun, tho I haven't touched it in about 4-5 years
¯_(ツ)_/¯
I used to have a button maker for an 1" button maker, a large laminator & one of those art printers
But all my creative stuff is back in Florida & I don't have access to that, it's just stuff to get again but it's tedious to have to re-buy all of that ono

ALSO YES
I WANT ONE OF THOSE LARGE LAMINATORS
yet the good ones are about a grand or more sadly

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 07:01:17 )

@mizuie:
Aw man that sucks. I also recently moved and left a bunch of my art stuff in a storage. And thanks!!! yeah Im super abstract jajejeaj some people love my art some people do not get it at all and hate it XD muwajaja

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 07:02:20 )

I do not know your pain, but I am sorry for it. :c

Click the bottle to buy your own.

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 07:54:01 )
@Anarchist Beauty:

Thanks sweety.

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 05:46:35 )
@inatlaka:
Sucks ya know?
But I mean, they're just materialistic items to get again eventually
Its a big sigh & an eye roll kinda feel - but - I also view it as a fun thing to go thru as well?
Cause then when I get all of my equipment again, it's an estatic kinda feeling
Kinda silly, I know
But its a fun feeling for me nonetheless

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 05:49:17 )
@mizuie:

yeah the moment I lost my phone I thought the same thing. Material comes and goes and kept on dancing the night away. We left so late .. 5am and bought some hotdogs right outside the place. XD

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 06:12:20 )
@inatlaka: Glad you also view it that way ouo
Not a whole lot of ppl can view it that way
Heh, that sounds legendary - I'd love to do something like that :o)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.