Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Revisiting things

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 01:43:18 )

So my partner and I met up yesterday, partly to discuss serious grown-up stuff like the house we want to rent, and partly to see a movie. And while we were out, we basically rewound the clock to 15 years ago: hanging around the mall (including getting cheap mall Chinese food and Orange Julius), shopping at Hot Topic, going into the Bath and Bodyworks just to sniff candles, etc. And it was nice. IDK if because our teenage years were wasted living in oppressive households or because we, as adults, continue to oppress ourselves by saying "We're too old for that". Probably both. But it made me think, and I realized, regardless of reason, I still enjoy a lot of stuff I had scarcely even thought about in over a decade. And maybe that's OK. I guess it helps that neither of us look our age, so we can get away with it. :^P

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 01:51:01 )

The concept that you get "too old" for things you enjoy is ridiculous. If you enjoy something and it's not hurting anyone, that's all there is to it. Life is too short to worry about what Karen thinks about your hobbies.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 02:11:45 )

I'm glad you had a good time. I love it when I have a good time with my S/O.
Never tell yourself you are too old to enjoy something.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 04:52:44 )
I haven't really cared about being perceived as childish since I was a teenager. I still love stuffed animals and stickers. I still love hanging out at the mall (even moreso than I did when I was younger now that I actually have money to buy things.) I still go wild in toy stores. There are toys now that didn't exist when I was a kid that I love. I love love love all the unicorns and mermaids and reversible sequins on everything. I have discovered that slime is infinitely entertaining. I really don't care what anyone thinks. Most people seem to think I'm 5-10 years younger than I actually am, and for all the fear I had when I was younger that people were judging me, most people seem to actually like my whimsical ways. So I'm just doing what makes me happy.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 19:47:13 )

》::: ✿・`.*
Im 19 and still enjoy trick or treating *shrug* enjoying things isn't bad. I still watch cartoons, i still like to walk around the mall, i still play Hamtaro on my gameboy. Do what makes you happy and don't worry about what people think. That sounds really cliche, but ive spent my life obsessed over what people thought about me and i was unhappy no matter what
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 04:21:02 )

I have spent my entire life feeling like I was too old for things, even when I wasn't. My family has been calling me "immature" since I was too young to even understand the word. But even without all the past trauma stuff, it's hard to just do what you like when you don't fit in anywhere and everyone around you acts like they're too good for everything. :^/ So I'm trying, but it's not easy.

AKA Count Trashula

Voltie — The Judge Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 08:06:11 )
It is not up to anyone else to decide what you are too old for.
Find joy wherever it lies.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 21:04:26 )

-----------------------------
Hey, you do you, man! Have your fun however you can. Life's hard enough without imposing boundaries on yourself! Other people will be more than happy to do that for you.
So says...

Questing:
Raver
Haunting

Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 21:47:44 )

That is COMPLETELY okay <3
my bf and I make a point to let loose once in a while, just be like kids again. Walk around the mall just like you guys did and poke around at anything and all things. See a toy we like? Get it. Play with it, enjoy it, cause you're never too old to have fun

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.