Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Magical Find and Errands

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 20:24:51 )

So every Friday and Sunday, I go and donate blood plasma. The clinic is located right next door to a Dollar Tree, which I go to for a quick drink and snack after the donation is finished. Today I went in there to do what I normally do, grab a soda and a snack. Well the line was stupidly long today. They only ever have one register running. And some times not even that. Anyway. I decided to just browse the shelves to kill time. Went over to the books just because. Maybe something would strike my fancy? Dollar store books are almost always the bottom of the barrel trash. Like failed self-help shit and biographies of people NO ONE gives a shit about. Today I was smiled on. Today I found a book that has been sitting on my Amazon wish list for a while now. I found a 6.75$ book for just one dollar. Magical finds are the best finds.

Same day though, went to the mall to take back a pair of shoes that didn't fit. Went to find a pair at a different store that would fit, and would be better for my needs. Every. Single. Shoe I liked was not even close to my size. Asked if there were smaller sizes in the back. Nooooooooope. Not a single 6.5 in the entire damn store. Finally I just settle for a 7 pair, because I felt like going up half a size was better than going done a half size.

Any magical finds today y'all? Any magical finds ever? Do any errands too?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 20:39:31 )
that is so awesome that you donate!

ahh man, you scored on the book! and i can understand the shoe size. i wear 10 1/2, some shoes feel better 11. also i has flat feet xD

win some - lose some, and sadly havent found anything magical. we have a lot of rock artists around this city, so i find many beautiful rocks. theres a fb group on the city rock findings. ^^

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 20:45:13 )

I am very happy on the book find.
The shoes I had to return today, they were a size 7. But they fit like they were two sizes too big for me.

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 21:52:34 )

Since 1103 posts.

Haha I also have a hard time finding shoes in stock for me :'). I normally wear a size 6 or 6 1/2.
As for magical finds, every now and then I'll find money on the floor. Every time I find money I turn it in but no one claims it so I just goes back to me. The largest bill I've found was a $50 bill xD.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 22:31:12 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

My magical find is lame, but it feels big to me. xD
So I get the Eagle Brand condensed milk because it’s the only one that’s not in a can, but it has been out the last 5 times I went to Wal-mart. But today, I MANAGED TO FIND TWO LAST BOTTLES SITTING THERE. Nabbed them both.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 22:38:23 )

@Alexis: Now that is absolutely magical find.

Voltie — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 22:55:01 )
I used to work at a dollar store and I've found some pretty good books and movies there. There's this thrift store across the street from where one of my friends used to live that always has magical finds. Really cute clothes and sometimes cute dolls too.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 23:30:37 )

@Olivine: I haven't been thrifting in far too long.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 02:59:42 )
I had one recently; I went to a local Dollar Tree for (sorta)Febreze, and also ended up getting one of Chris Jericho's books. From what little I've read, it's pretty good.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 16:10:26 )

Most of my magical finds are at thrift stores. I've been really lucky with shoes, but my favorite is a jacket I found that I'm about to wear out now because I've worn it so much.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.