Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities Cleaning out inventory [Free stuff!]

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 01:14:29 )
Laila blinks sleepily, mumbling to you...

@Yuracye: Ahhh Everything is so cuuute~ I need a few more pieces to make anything work fully. Ill get like.. a whole avi almost done and then realize I don't have any shoes, or the shoes I want is part of something Im already using 2 parts of xD Sooooon thoooough~ I change constantly. It's like a mild addiction. :P
Wow o.o That sounds super busy but it also sounds really rewarding. A New place, A garden, Commissions... Ah~ Stressful but in a rewarding way. I wish my busy work was like that, I wish it felt like Progress when I work on it.

This morning I tried to start my own little step to progress and get up early, start laundry, start dinner for the next two nights, and then shower. Well from the get go, I couldn't find my Rice scoop.. then the rice cooker wanted to be finicky and the veggies Id planned to put on the side were bad. Bah! Then I go to take my shower after getting that going and realize Im drying all my towels at that moment! D: Bahhhh!

So Work time tonight is going to be planning out a strict schedule. Yep. It's gotta happen! I need the change!

...And with a yawn, she nestles back in to her blankets to nap.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 04:32:32 )
@yuracye: oooh that stinks about the headphones! but yay for the tablet working! that's the best part imo ♥
Twigg's Art Shop//Freebies!
♥♥Questy Things!♥♥

Donator — SENPAI Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 15:37:13 )
@lailakin: Heeee, I'm so glad!
Oh no! D: Do you know what item it is though? I'd help you out, but really everything I have is listed on the front page. If it's on there, then let me know though! >:3ccc

I can understand that. I changed my avatar a lot when I was first on here. I've been kinda lazy with switching things out, so I don't really do it as much.
Ahaaa. Yeah, it's a lot to keep up with. Might as well get myself in the habit while I'm on vacation and hopefully it will carry over when I'm working. I know I'll get lazy with it, but ehhh.
I already have some peppers that we've picked and there's tomatoes growing now! There was some blueberries, but it seems like the birds or bugs have been getting to them as they're getting ripe. q ___q And the eggplants are starting to flower! SO, doing good I suppose.
I'm going to be trying to work out when I can too. Dieting on top of all of this is a lot, but I'm down 5 lbs, so I feel good!

Oh noooo! D: Literally the worst from everything, ugh. Can you get a new rice scoop or did you find it?
I know I went to take a shower and I forgot to grab a towel. It's literally in another room, but thankfully my hubby was able to grab one for me instead of me running across the house naked and wet. xD

YEAH! Once you get into the routine of something you end up getting used to it. Like, I always put on the dishwasher before I go to sleep. I usually make lunch for work too, but lately my hubby has been packing it right after dinner so it's a lot easier. And I always have coffee by 9AM with my grandmother until about 10:30, then I start my morning chores and whatnot. So I get to relax a bit before doing things. Obviously it's going to be a bit different when I go back to work. q vq

@twigg: Yeah, I'm just using my old pair for now. They're a bit beat up, but they work so that's all that matters. u vu I can always get new headphones eventually. I need a better screen first, but again it works for now, so I'm happy. I need to save up a bit more before I can buy anything new.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 01:17:21 )

@Yuracye: Oh man, I feel it! Wow, That sounds like a gorgeous garden! Im so jealous! :3
I live in an apartment so Im trying to find easy things to do.
Our entire Schedule got flipped upside down. So things have just been a mess. Now we both work through the evenings with no days off together. I want to meal prep, learn to drive, grow some food, exercise.. but a lot of getting started on that requires a plan and a car. I don't drive either x.x;

Then theres the neighbors. They report us for minimal noise. So I cant run dishes and clothes at hours that work for me. Like, I have so much energy when I get off work at 11 and get home but I cant vacuum then. But when I first wake up at like 11 or noon Im still dead tired so I dont -want- to do any work then x.x Such a mess!

I never found my rice scoop :/ It's a minor thing really but I'm really particular bout minor things. Like I've kept the scoop the ricecooker came with for 5 yrs or so and always used it to make sure everything goes just right. So having it suddenly evaporate into thin air is frustrating and Im bad with changes like that. That said, the ratios still work. Just.. Frustrating x.x;

To be honest, Lord knows what I need. Im a hoarder when it comes to Avatar stuff. I like to hoard lots of variety and then challenge myself to make outfits out of things I normally wouldn't. But when I'm new to a site I start off gathering things in my aesthetic. Then move on to variety. Also staples. Having a good shoe in multiple colors that work with multiple situations, etc.

Donator — SENPAI Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 01:53:19 )
@lailakin: I mean, it's just a small thing, but I like tending to it! At least when I don't get mosquito bites. I'm a gosh darn magnet for them, it seems. ;;;;
Ahhh, yeah. There's a limit to what you can do in an apartment. When I was living in one, I didn't really do much either. I did crochet for awhile, made two blanket type things, so that was fun. Not much you can do besides use the blankets in the winter though. q vq I mean, I also draw a lot too, and browse the internet! Voltra is good for that. AHhaa.
Gosh, that's horrible. D: I can't do most things alone. Ahaa. My hubby does all the cooking, but I clean up pretty well I guess!
Bah, same! I don't drive either. I have a car, but the thought of driving is just scary for me. ;;;

I was lucky enough to have a landlord who was really nice to us. (We lived in a garage turned apartment through them.) I'm honestly going to miss then sometimes. ;;
Can you get one of those quiet vacuum things? Where you manually roll it across the floor? It's not the best, but it should do the job if you really need to vacuum.
I'm stuck on the laundry part. I didn't have a washer/dryer/dishwasher in my apartment, so I hand washed all the dishes and my hubby did laundry at a family's place.

Ack, that's really bad. I don't know if you'd even be able to use something as a replacement for that. I mean.. I guess a normal spoon would work, but it wouldn't be the same. I don't think one would cost too much, would it?
No. I totally understand! It's the same reason why I drink coffee from the same cup every morning. xD

I usually am. I tried to collect one of each item on here, but I ended up... not really using the items, so I feel like it's a waste. They just sat there and I kept the same avatar all the time. /shrugs.
I'm just overly picky with items/colors. If it's not exactly what I want, then I don't bother. ;;

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 02:35:32 )

@Yuracye: Gah! I too am Mosquito Bait! And they seem really crazy this year! D:
I tried to crochet when I was young but it doesn't hold my attention well x.x; I do looove blankets thooough :3 But I reckon my cats would make everything I make orange and Black... Surprised my apartment doesn't look like Walmart Holiday shelves in July by now :P

I want to learn really bad. I'm a little scared myself and I have no idea how we would practice or where but I want to learn so I can go out more on my own. Like sometimes I just want to leave and go to the woods. You know?

Oh wow, I think I'd cry if I didn't have those appliances! We go through so many dishes so easily. It really annoys me! I want to get rid of like half of them and save myself some trouble.
I ended up using a measuring cup to measure it out. I just use a 2:1 ratio for broth:rice and it seems to work for me well. Oh man, I have preferred plates, forks and spoons and I never like needing a knife. I prefer bigger cups, and plastic. I just.. am terrified of broken glass in my house. What with two cats and myself being clumsy.. and lately the cats want to shove their noses into our cups. Bah!

I'm trying so hard not to eat dinner early at work T-T and this guy keeps wandering through the lobby with his phone blasting music.. Like why? Why is that even necessary? If Im on the phone I can't even hear the person on the other side. Ugh! Drives me nuts!

Donator — SENPAI Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 23:39:19 )
@lailakin: It's horrible. ;;; I go outside for two minutes and I get bit at least twice. I don't understanddd. I've been able to avoid them for most of the summer (because... I don't go outside) but watering my garden has gotten me eaten alive. reeee.
I usually crochet while watching a show or something. I usually do it over winter break when I'm at home alone (And don't want to draw or play games). I also do it in the winter when I'm cold and it keeps my legs warm. Ahaha. I'd make them more, but I really don't have a use for them. My grandmother in law wants one now though, so I just need to go to the store to get yarn and then I can make one for her. I still have my needle in my pencil holder... thing on my desk.
Hahaha. That's fine though, we all have our tastes! I have a bunch of stuffed animals in my bedroom. Thankfully my husband just thinks it's cute. : p I have a whole shelf of them in the bedroom in a corner. Haha.

Oh gosh, yeah. I don't blame you for that. ;;; I was afraid to go outside my neighborhood because it's on the cusp of a ... not so good place so I was always cautious. I'm also really bad in a directional sense, so I get easily lost. Ahhhh. I'm in a decent neighborhood now, but I still don't like going out alone. I don't really have any nearby friends anyway so driving would just be to the grocery store or my dad's house. Haaa.

Gosh, yeah. It was awful washing dishes because they never looked cleaned. I ended up having to wear "laundry clothes" where it's like an outfit that I didn't like, but had no choice because my other outfits were being washed. Ahaaa. It was awful. Now I do laundry as often as I can. Haha.
We used to use paper plates a lot, but then it was just always a lot of garbage. A never ending cycle.
Ohhh, that's not too bad then! At least you were able to work it out. ;;;
I have glass/ceramic in my house, but god yeah. I've dropped and broken so many things. @ ____ @ Even when we were packing things, I packed a wine glass and.... when I was unpacking everything I forgot it was there and it flung out of the box and shattered on the floor. I thought I swept it up well, but my hubby was panicky because it was the main walkway for where are cats are too. kjaghsdkjgfs I'm glad he was able to see the shards all over the place and picked them up because the cats walked out shortly afterwards.

Oh gosh. I cheated on my diet a bit today... and I said I wasn't going to eat another meal and I'm already starving. I cry.
I hate that too. I barely talk on my phone, and I never put it on speaker unless I'm the only person in the room... and the door is shut. Haa

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 21:49:43 )

@Yuracye: Somehow earlier in the summer we had a few get in the house and they just kept eating me up and ofc it's like hot so I'm there not wanting to wear much, especially relaxing around the house! T-T

I get lost easily too... I've managed to end up on the wrong side of Seattle trying to go to the opposite side... more than once xD I have a couple of nearby friends but my work schedule is awful for actually seeing them. x.x Even then none of them are gamers like myself T-T

I procrastinate so hard on chores and whatnot I can just see me being in Laundry Outfits all the time XD
The PNW is really conscious about waste management and recycling.. I feel like if I ever tried to use paper plates I''d just feel everyone judging me.. especially since I don't currently recycle much.

Ugh, Dieting. Im about to start that too. What kind of diet are you following?
Yeaaah, People like to sit in the lobby and watch things on their phone or whatever and Im always there like T-T Pls go away. XD

Donator — SENPAI Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 22:25:48 )
@lailakin: Omg nooooo. You poor thing! D: !!
I can't stand when the house is too hot. I feel like I can't function sometimes. I actually do more in the winter because it's cold and I need to move around to warm up. That's why I always have the AC running. Hehhh.
I usually wear yoga pants and a t-shirt around the house, so I'll always need it to be a little cooler. I just sleep all day otherwise. Heat/sunlight makes me sleepy. ;;

Oh my gosh. ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I get lost in my own school building, and it's literally a square. omg. Took me months to get used to it. I only recently found out there's an elevator on the basement floor. LMAo.
Yeah, same here. q vq All of my current friends are through my hubby... and they're all adults too, so they're busy a lot. /shrugs.

Bahahaha. I hated wearing them, so I tried to push them to get washed as quickly as possible. Doesn't help that my hubby would do the laundry and not me while I was at work. I'd text during lunch like "DONT FORGET MY PANTS PLS." xD
Gosh, I don't recycle at all. I know it's supposed to be good but ehhh. At least I have a dishwasher now, so we just use the uh... ceramic? I don't know what they're made of tbh. But they go in the dishwasher SO YEAH RECYCLING. technically.

Gosh, it's the worst. I mean, I'm enjoying the food but I also want to eat everything that's bad. Ahahaa.
Hmmm. We cut out carbs, sweets, soda, cheese and red meat. After two weeks we incorporated red meat, and a little bit of cheese (that's this week. reeeee). So just mainly a lot of fish/chicken and veggies/fruits. We drink a smoothie every morning (kale, banana, strawberries and blueberries are usually my favorite combination), then two hours if we start getting hungry then two hard boiled eggs, or celery/carrots/cucumbers with hummus, OR a handful of mixed nuts. So it's like small eating throughout the day.
I don't do any workouts recently (because my machine is broken. weep) but I did the elliptical for about 30 minutes every day, sometimes an hour if I ate poorly or over my caloric intake for the day.
So... I don't know if it's really a set diet, but that's about what we do. o 3o

People do that all the time at my job. ;;; It's really obnoxious sometimes. I don't understand why people need to have a conversation on speaker phone either. I'll never understand it.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 02:25:53 )

@Yuracye: It's oki! I'm at work now in the niiiice A/Ced lobby with the Noise people x.x;
Heat makes me lazy but not sleepy, so just miserable. Rain however puts me right to sleep. My mom used to always take naps when it rained and I think we all got in the habit of it. My Sister sleeps so much I'm concerned she's constantly hibernating.

Bah! I'm trying to pick a diet to start to get ready for my trip in Vegas but I don't know what I want to do to do it.
I don't think I could do Keto easily.. and Weight Watchers seems to slow.. I was thinking of aiming LowCarb/HiProtein/LowCal/CutBackSugars/and High Fiber. But Idk. x.x; I can find items that work for like.. 2 of my goals but not all 5.
And then fitting in exercise.. Ugggggh. When to do it is the question? X.x;

Like I throw conversations on Speaker phone when Im at home and like cleaning or something but I never understood blasting music in public off those mini speakers and whatnot. Like.. That's what headphones are for, and weren't we all literally raised that that was inappropriate? The guy that was doing that the other day was an older gentleman. Like.. Wut? o.O?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 12:45:53 )
@Yuracye: I'm interested in these items. Are you wanting anything in return for them? I have some current event items.

- vregory boots
- vregory hair
- vregory jacket
- vregory's friend
- vigilante gear

Donator — SENPAI Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 14:11:46 )
@lailakin: Awhman, seems like there's always a con to it. Get AC YAY- BUT noisy people. Gosh, that's the worst.
Bahaha. Just miserable, hecka relatable! I love the sounds of rain! I used to use white noise/thunderstorm rain sounds every night to go to sleep.
I used to sleep a lot too, like 12-16 hours regularly. I don't know why, I was just constantly tired all the time. o 3o I've gotten better though.. coffee helps. xD Now I'm just getting old, but I need 8 hours a sleep every night and I'm alright. Sometimes when I'm super exhausted from the work week I'll sleep 13 hours on a Friday. Whoops.

Yeah, I never feel like actually starting my diet. I usually just bandwagon on whatever my hubby does. WE CAN SUFFER TOGETHER. WHEEZE.
I did weight watchers awhile ago, but it was difficult to find the points for stuff sometimes. Especially when they just say a slice of pizza is 7 points... but it didn't calculate the size of the pizza if I had a bigger slice. Ahaha. I never used cheat days on that though, but it was good for the first few pounds.
Ahh. The main reason I hate dieting is that I get tired of the foods. q vq I'm pretty picky with vegetables (though I've been getting better) so any side dish was always difficult to find. Make sure you're able to mix up the meals a little bit!
Gosh, yeah. I used to do it right after work as my hubby was cooking dinner. It was really annoying because it took up 30 minutes of my already limited time; an hour if I had cheated that day and wanted to burn off more. weep.

Yeah, when it's not an inconvenience to others!
I don't understand. I'd be super embarrassed if my music was that loud, but I guess people just do what they want to do. /shrugs. No one really cares about being polite. At least I feel like it's that way over here. Everyone is just mean and in a rush.

@synthetic nature: Nah, it's all for free! I'll send a trade over your way. u vu !!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 15:06:53 )
@Yuracye: Thank you! I will treasure them forever. /Hugs!

Donator — SENPAI Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 15:43:27 )
@synthetic nature: Hehe, I'm glad! Enjoy!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 15:59:02 )
@Yuracye: So your avatar... Is she an OC? Since you said you prefer to keep that outfit? It's very purdy!

Donator — SENPAI Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 16:03:14 )
@synthetic nature: Yeah! Her actual ref is in my signature!
I don't really use the items on here too much, so it works out perfectly. Hehe, thanks! I loves her design when I was making her. Definitely a favorite from most of my OCs.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 16:11:43 )
@Yuracye: Aww... She's cute! I think my current avatar is turning into a new OC for myself. I'm gonna have to figure out a story for her. :D

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:27:24 )

@Yuracye: Oh man, I have such a love/hate relationship with sleep. On one hand I want to sleep all the time, on the other I'm pissed it takes so much of my time. And don't even get me started on WHEN I sleep. Our schedule is a nightmare.

I was thinking of kind of creating my own diet where I meet a Calorie limit, carb/fat/sugar limit which I mentioned but now also adding buying premium on My Fitness Pal to be able to see my stats better. Thankfully, MFP is pretty great even on free and I really like that I can scan bar codes or make recipes and whatnot.
All I know is I gotta do something, ASAP.
I'm not super picky but the foods I hate are super popular like Onions, Tomatoes, and Bell Peppers. On top of that, I get bored of my food easily and I constantly want savory hot food. I love Pastas, Tacos, and such.. Part of why I considered keto is it sounded pretty free on foods I felt limited from on other diets but it limits things Im so used to having in my life like Rice and such. Overall, Every diet has pros/cons and none of them feel good to me.

Ugh, that is such a mood. I feel like the world has gotten meaner/more self centered. I just want to be happy and spread that happiness, but it's a struggle to feel like you dont fit in to the current social vibe.

::Avatar/Pet Site Addict?::
Cast (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚ Dissendium!
::Come hang out!::

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 09:12:04 )
@Yuracye: Hello~ Do you still have the beach background, an angel imp, a devil imp, and a blossom available? I’m always thirsty for past event items I missed.

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — SENPAI Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 05:16:36 )
@Synthetic Nature: Ahhh, thank you!!!
Ooh, you should! It's already a cool design!

@lailakin: SAME HERE. I love sleep and hate it at the same time. ;;;
I wish I could do things in my sleep sometimes. I would get so much done, but I really need the sleep. It's horrible. ;;

Yeah! That's the best thing to do! * V* I usually let my hubby decide everything because he's more strict with the diet than I am. ;;
I just need different meals to really keep going. I get bored of foods really easy and get tempted by delicious foods. u __ u
I want to look good by October, if I can, since I want to cosplay. That's really our goal, so we only have a few months left. ;;; Running out of time. Eep.
I don't like peppers either. I mean, I like the flavor, but I'm finicky with texture and it's just... idk it gets me every time.
You can make tacos at home that are healthier though! Especially if you're counting calories and whatnot. Just load it with lettuce and like low fat cheese or something.
God, I just love carbs in general. Rice, bread, pasta. ;; I could live off from bread and cheese honestly. It's just so good.

Ahh, yeah. q vq
I try and be happy, but it seems like there's always something to spoil my mood. Like my new computer... just doesn't work. Apparently the motherboard is fried. It hasn't even been a week. Smh.

@tsundererra: Sure! I'll send them over!

TH | dA

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.