Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Don't Do This Yo

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 16:09:21 )

[ Yesterday I went out to see Endgame, but we had some time to kill in town before that. Friends and I decided to chill in Barnes and Noble for a little while, since I wanted to snag myself a birthday present to me anyway.
Well as we get in through the front door's of the store, there's an author standing next to a display of his book. He starts to talk to us. After a brief discussion about his book, we wonder off. He follows us. Talking about how my friend's fiance is a serious book buyer, and basically stroking the ego. My friend and I take the chance to wander off further. I'm actually looking for something specific.
The author spots me again as I'm browsing the romance section (don't judge me). He keeps pushing his book into my hands to read the back. Now I don't normally choose books based on their synopsis blurb. I like to start reading it there in the store, and if I'm hooked then I buy it. He keeps talking about how it's historically accurate and that I'll learn something about the American Civil War. I like history, not the Civil War though. More of a Plantagenet Dynasty kind of person. He's still following me and trying really hard to get me to buy his book. Like he even said 'You look like a serious reader/buyer' thing he said to my friend's fiance.
It gets to the point where I don't even want to go over to that side of the store anymore. I did choose a book. Hehehe I chose smutty trash. Take that author dude!

And that folks is how you turn a potential customer off. Pushiness is not okay. tl;dr Author harassed me trying to me to buy his book about a murder during the Civil War. ]

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 16:42:50 )
Persistent salespeople make me really anxious. I've gotten better at turning them down, though.

One time I walked away with a bag of frozen gyoza. I didn't even want any.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 16:49:46 )

[ I told him politely several times I wasn't interested, but he kept at me. ]

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 16:53:36 )
X X X

I make book. You buy. Yes?

But this topic reminds me: what do you want for your birthday?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 16:59:57 )

Questing: Virtuous Guard x2 | Alice | Merlantis | Sticky Fingers x2 | Squidplay | Woodland Fae x1 | Splish Splash x1

Yeah if they get to persistent I get pretty rude, because if i've already said politely that im not interested, and they keep at it. we have issues.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:00:44 )

[ @Tuijp: Nothing :3 ]

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:01:10 )

[ @star2000shadow: I was trying really hard to not get rude. ]

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:03:27 )
X X X

@Another Movie Addict: request denied
Give me something or I will think of something

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:08:15 )

[ @Tuijp: Lol you'll have to think of something then. ]

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:15:05 )

God damn sales people
That reminds me when I went to a mall like 4 years ago, this girl pulls me aside and starts curling my hair. At that point I’m stuck and I gotta hear this sales pitch, while she stops half way through and is really insists that this hair straightener is from the gods themselves. She’s giving me sales price, her employee discount, anything to make this sale (while my head is only half curled) I was being really reluctant about buying it, I really only came here to grab one thing.
Well she finished curling my hair and I now own a $400 hair straightener that has only been used like 5 times...

I online shop a lot now...to save money I never planned on spending

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:15:23 )
X X X

@Another Movie Addict: no problem
Mwuhahaha

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:19:38 )

[ @Peachy: Yeah, usually I buy all my books/movies online. It's cheaper and easier that way. But we had like an hour to kill before Endgame. ]

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:24:06 )

Questing: Virtuous Guard x2 | Alice | Merlantis | Sticky Fingers x2 | Squidplay | Woodland Fae x1 | Splish Splash x1

@Another Movie Addict: Sometimes that's the only way you get through. most of them get bonus's for however many of their items they sell. and it coudl be his book wasnt' selling like he thought it would. hence pouncing on anyone in the book store.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:32:25 )

[ @star2000shadow: They were really nice hardcovers, so he probably spent a good bit to have them made. ]

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 17:37:46 )

@Another Movie Addict: Probably. true. but still 'shrugs'.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 14:05:29 )

》::: ✿・`.*
yikes
these people make me very rude lmao. ill literally start dogging on their product and walk off. happens in the mall all the time. also happened in Mexico, guy kept trying to sell us his shitty fake jewelry. Of course, we were drunk and here i am with a ring that goes from purple to blue depending on warm light or blue light. $300. It was worth $70. I love it though and its special to me. Just wish my bf didnt get jipped
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 17:18:12 )

Gross. Unfortunately, pushy sales tactics happen because they know someone will give in at some point.
I hate it.

We get this super popular midway that comes every year around here, and I HATE walking through the games area during the quiet hours.
The people working at those stands are relentless. They're hooked up to mics and shit so you can hear them over the, ordinarily large crowds, and they will literally call you out as long as you're in sight. We had one guy get very aggressive to my friend and I, and I fuckin' caved at that instead of continuing to walk away like I should have but, the way he addressed us really kicked me in the anxiety and childhood traumas so, what can you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasted five dollars and ten minutes of my time on a game I didn't like and guy I wanted to murder.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 03:42:40 )

》::: ✿・`.*
@Vermii: yuuuckkk that reminds me of when i go to any local fair or cedar point. Always pushy abt their crappy games and my bf ends up giving in and trying to win a stuffed animal that we could've bought for $6 at walmart xD
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 04:40:02 )
@Another Movie Addict: ughh that sounds so stressful. If you try to push your product into me I'm 99% likely to not buy it
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 11:59:31 )
I'd like to offer my "fuck off" services to you folks for the price of just hanging out with me. I'm real good at saying no, staring them into oblivion, or being the louder & crazier person if they're aggressive af.

I am a little out of practice, as I have been rather a shut in recently... But I can still stare into their souls and bwak at them.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.