Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Chibi beans [♛] open

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 02:45:05 )
I'm working on it! Q ___ Q I was hoping to finish tonight, but I dunno!

EDIT; FINISHED. HURRAH!!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 14:24:19 )

@Yandere: aww I love kids. Teaching is one of the things I thought I might enjoy. Maybe someday I can become one. Who knows. If nothing else I am happy just being a parent.

Omg that looks so amazing!! I think maybe you might have forgotten my nose though haha

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 17:41:38 )
@saeyra: Awhmann. I like kids, but it's definitely a hassle. The parents- even sometimes more. q ___ q ;;
I'm sure you could! It's a bit of a hassle, but when you really see them improving and trying their best- it's really rewarding. ;;;;

Hee, I'm glad!
I uh- I don't draw noses in chibi style? /sweats

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 01:15:36 )

@Yandere: kids are so cute and funny! I bet you have tons of funny stories about them

ah I see nvm about the nose then. Thank you for the art again! I wanna add it to my post style but dunno how to do it on my phone haha. I'll probably do it when I get back to my PC.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 03:13:49 )
@saeyra: Ahahaa. Oh man. When I used to work at a daycare, some of the kids were so cute. Q vQ !!!
They're still cute now, but they talk... sometimes and they really shouldn't. Haaa.
There's some real gems though. Q vQ I already know some of them are going to be super smart and become scientists, and lawyers and doctors and all. I'm trying to get some of them into a free program that deals with science things. I hope they get in. Q ____ Q ///

Ah, yeah! Sorry about that! Since the images are squished down, it kinda gives the illusion?
You'll probably have to shrink it a lot for the posts. The requirements are pretty tiny. q vq !!
I can probably help you out if you want! I just need to figure out what the post sizes that are needed are. eeps.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 23:24:33 )

@Yandere: oh wow that's really inspiring to see the next generation of great minds right in front of your eyes.

I think the height can't be taller than 300 px, any width is okay. Thank you for helping me

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 02:49:32 )
@saeyra: It really is! Though, I already know some of them are going to cause some trouble in life. x ___ x I've already had one kid tell me that if it wasn't for his dad, he would have dropped out of school. He's in 4th grade. /headdesk

Ahh. This is with 300 px height, so lemme know if it works. /thumbs up

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 07:13:29 )
@Yandere: omg thank you so much! Look how good it looooooks!! Aaaah!!!!

I saw in the news teachers going on strike because of insane class sizes. What's your average class size?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 01:31:33 )
@saeyra: Heeee, I'm glad you like it! * A* !!!

Ahman, I did too- though it's mainly in California where they're having the problems.
I have 25 kids in my room- which is the max capacity, but I also work in a charter school. n ____ n

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 14:28:55 )
@Yandere: oh, as a teacher what kinda reforms would you like to see in schools?

Also, how is the weather where you are? I hear a really cold polar vortex is hitting parts of the U.S.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 01:02:45 )
@saeyra: According to what? o wo

It's super cold, really. It was 3F this morning. It's 17F now... and our heat is off. Going really swell. /cries a lot

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 02:00:39 )
@Yandere: like what kinda things do you think would make teaching easier and more efficient?

Oh no why is your heating oooff?!!?!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 00:35:45 )
@saeyra: Hmmm. Well, my school really pushes small group instruction, but I really don't think that works unless the kids have a general understanding of what is being taught. I have a lot of low kids who perform on a 2nd/3rd grade level, so it's difficult for them to grasp 4th grade concepts when they're still behind. While they're 5:1 with a teacher, a lot of them need 1:1. Even then, some can't do it independently when not walked through all the steps. My school also really pushes math manipulatives, but I don't really think that works either. Haaa.
I haven't really found one single that works, but that sort of makes sense everyone learns in different ways.
If you were to ask what specifically worked for reading strategies or math, then they'd be too different things, but my school drives on data and that's really what we focus on.
> > ;;; Sorry for that small rant. koff.

Haaa. The heater broke. Meep. q __ q It wasn't fixed until after I tried to sleep. I went to bed with jackets on. Haha.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 06:55:58 )
@Yandere: haha don't be sorry thanks for the very in-depth answer to my question! I am glad to see someone who is super passionate about their job like you. People are so diverse so it's really interesting to see how teachers adapt to that when teaching. How do you make the subjects fun and make them want to do their homework?

Aww sorry about your heating is it fixed now though?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 19:48:05 )
@saeyra: Yeah, of course! n ___ n I'm not super knowledgeable on the philosophical side of teaching, but I have actual teaching experience, so I suppose that's something. u vu //
I suppose I am. /sweats. I just had an amazing 1st grade teacher that really believed in me. She made school my home, really. Since then, I've always wanted to become a teacher. The process takes forever though, and it really is tough to get a job.
Hmmmm. I usually try and make it silly, to be honest. I really don't like history/social studies at all, but I teach it. I try and do fun assignments with them in groups of two. The last thing I did was they pretended they were in a Dutch colony or an English colony and "wrote a letter" to their friend in the other town. I think they really enjoyed it, but some of them ended up missing the prompts like "explain who runs the government and if you like it." type of thing.
I usually give them homework passes. o: If they do a full week of complete homework, then they get a pass to use whenever they want. I ended up giving a whole night of no homework for those who have 100% for the month. They get super excited when they get a homework pass. xD
A lot of them also really like lunch with the teacher! So if they complete a certain amount of homeworks, they can use it towards lunch with the teacher. u vu ///

Yeah, thankfully it was fixed a few hours later. I ended up waking up sweating because I went to bed with jackets on. Hahaa.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/4 00:02:17 )
@Yandere: wow those ideas are really genius! Maybe one day one of your students becomes a teacher and uses them for future generations of kids!

Thanks for telling me all your secrets haha it might be useful to me someday. Even if I don't become a teacher they are useful ideas for parents too.

I am happy you got your heating back! Fingers crossed it stays fixed for the whole winter.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/4 06:02:41 )

@Yandere: hii! could I get a crayon of this avatar:

i can offer 7k volts!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/5 01:38:49 )
@saeyra: Haaa. I'd like to say I came up with them myself, but I'm sure I've taken them during my student teaching or read in a book somewhere. n ___n
I hope so! I have a lot of kids who have already told me they don't want to be a teacher- but that's alright! It honestly takes a lot of patience to deal with so many of them and to come up with something out of nowhere. @ w @ I've pulled speeches out of nowhere sometimes. /flops

Of course! Sometimes it helps to really talk to the kid to see what they like too. Some of them really like stickers, or just extra computer time (even if it's 20 minutes!) Some of them really enjoy writing and like sharing them at the end of the day with the class too. My assistant is going for her masters to become a teacher, and she heard about like a "morning community meeting" where the kids talk about what kinds of troubles they're having in the school and they can talk to each other to solve them (like a class). Seems like a pretty good idea, especially since one of my kids threatened to punch another one in the face over some "talking." /shakes head.
I'll try and share some cool stuff when I can with you! n ___ n ! It's nice to bounce idea off of each other!

@e m: Ahh, I'm sorry. I don't think I could manage your character.
I'm usually not comfortable with avatars from sites I'm not really too familiar with. I apologize!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/5 02:24:28 )
@Yandere: wow I will take notes of all of those! Thanks!

From what my husband told me over here in Croatia they have a class once a week that's just talking with their class teacher (the teacher assigned to their group at the start of the year). They get to talk about how their home life is, if they are getting bullied by other students, and what subjects they are finding difficult.

Oh and I have been getting lots of compliments on my post style! I thought I should let you know!

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/9 00:32:36 )
@saeyra: Sorry for the delayed response. It's been a rough week. hahaa.

Of course! n ___ n I'm sure you'll come up with things and learn stuff along the way too. It's a whole different world when you're actually in the classroom. u
Ahh, that's really cool! It's like connecting with your teacher. It's really good to have especially if they don't have that kind of support at home. You know? Some of them, I know their parents are going through a divorce, or they don't have a mom/dad or they have another sibling on the way and don't get enough attention. There's always something. q vq Each kid is different too. I know one where he doesn't see his Mom/dad for the most part, but he's the sweetest boy you'll ever meet- super smart too!
I sometimes bring them up for lunch with me- but I also really need that time to grade things and really just have my time without kids for 45 minutes. hahaa.

Ahhh, really? * A* That makes me happy!

TH || dA ||webtoon

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.