Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So I got out of bed late

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 13:32:22 )
When I was in High School I was highly depressed, agoraphobic, social anxiety and had massive panic attacks. I've learned coping mechanisms over the years so I am fairly better than I was... but it was hell for my Dad to get me out of bed and moving. I was downright disrespectfuil to him sometimes, and I am so glad he understood my situation.(He has mental illness himself so he knew what was going on... plus he reconized a lot of stuff I was going through that my Mom went through from when they were married and when she was alive.) Anyway, he did eventually give up and stopped calling in for me at school and that's when the cops started showing up at our door to take me to school. I had such a bad panic attack when the officer just put his hand on me that the officer backed off and recommended to my Dad some homeschooling and he even gave my Dad a lot of information to get everything started. Which is odd considering back then they didn't know what to do with kids in my situation... it's just been recently.
But I still love my bed and blankets too much. My son is even worse than I am with blankets... he always has to be wrapped up or have one near. It can be 100 degrees in the house and he's sitting there on the computer or couch watching tv and wrapped up in a blanket or comferter.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 13:43:07 )
So long Mother sees me awake at least once in a week, she is not concerned by my sleeping habits. Father sees me almost daily, so he is never concerned about it.
Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 16:51:10 )

I keep sleeping through my alarm lately. >_>; I'll hit snooze once and then it's 2 hours later. Whoops.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 17:12:43 )

I’m laying in bed right now

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 17:27:13 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: I tried that before. When my cat hears my alarm go off the second time, he will start meowing hard a few minutes later.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 17:36:06 )

@Tuijp: Usually mine will wake me up too but lately they've just cuddled back up and went back to sleep lol. Actually I would probably have kept sleeping if it wasn't for my cat. >_> But it was wellll past my usual get up time by the time he decided it was breakfast time.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 18:00:13 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: one of my cats, he also just goes back to sleep.
The other, he’s 7 month olds, he just wants me to wake up to play, cuddle and eat. When I don’t respond to my alarm fast enough, the Odin alarm goes off and he runs around, meowing loud until I respond.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 18:11:08 )

@Tuijp: I keep my cats shut up in my room at night so they usually want out by morning. Mallow likes to paw at my face until I wake up using increasingly more force and claws. XD He's a sweet boy but he wants his food on time.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 18:18:38 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: I lock mine out, otherwise they’d wake me up at 5 am

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 18:19:53 )

@Tuijp: Mine used to do that too... there was always a transitional period when we brought in a new cat. Eventually though they just got used to sleeping in.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 18:22:58 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: please tech my cats

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 18:26:16 )

@Tuijp: Uh... well I guess it depends on their behavior. You could try like... just wearing them out right before bed. Playing a bunch and then give them a treat or something. Personally mine had a problem with clawing for attention so we used the little stick on kitty nails for a bit until they realized that wasn't working anymore and they stopped. Tumbleweed likes to knock things off shelves for attention so I had to make that difficult for him too to get that to stop. It's kind of just like... prevention control until they finally give up lol. It sounds like yours is just meowing though which may be a little more difficult. Might just need to get some earplugs and wait it out until they give up. XD

Voltie — Shy Kitten Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 19:51:24 )

I dislike being woken up out of nowhere.
(^ㆁᴗㆁ^☆)ノ
@ for reply!

☾✧ quest tracker:

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 20:08:03 )
》::: ✿・`.*
i sleep way tooo much
i swear i was a sloth in my past life
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 20:55:03 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: he likes meowing a lot, not just during the morning to get me out if bed. When he’s doing things around the house, he meows. When he goes to the litter, he meows. When he gets off, he meows. When I’m out in the garden, he meows.
He basically doesn’t meow when he’s asleep or eating.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 21:18:01 )

@Tuijp: Aww he's just a chatty boy then.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 23:12:24 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: a very chatty little boy, much to the annoyance of the other cat

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.