Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ★☆ KARMA CITY ⇢⇢ Art Shop. [Closed]

Donator — ghost Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/26 05:34:43 )

omg i'm in love with your cell shaded style. i'll be back when you have a spot open and i have a worthwhile avi. o 3 o

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/26 18:51:49 )
aww thanks! I think your avatar right now is already worthwhile!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 02:59:21 )

@Hachi: I finally thought of someone, lol.
Nagisa Shiota from Assassination Classroom.
Feel free to take your time to getting around to it, though. I'm in no rush to receive it. :)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 04:15:14 )
You got it!
I wonder how he'll look in charcoal haha im so used to the blue hair

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 14:09:08 )

@Hachi: I've only read the manga, so I was shocked to find out he had blue hair. xD
I guess I just thought he was blonde, or something. x)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 19:49:46 )
hahaha I feel like that's a common sentiment among manga readers
".... who this with the purple hair?????"

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 20:15:54 )

lmao well generally most manga have the characters on the cover, so it's not too far into the series that you find out what people's hair color is
Assassination Classroom only ever had Koro Sensei, though @.@

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 01:14:03 )

@Hachi: whenever you have time, can you give me any blurbs regarding Rei and Locke?
I know I read some somewhere, but I can't find the posts. <_<;;;
EDIT: Also, anything regarding the world would be appreciated, too!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 03:46:44 )
ahhhhh h-how much is a blurb........ LET ME JUST...... condense my shitty google doc into something actually readable yikes

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 03:50:55 )

I'd actually love to read everything, but if you're only comfortable sharing certain things, I'll take what I can get!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 05:23:35 )
@Apollo Im Burning: everything is very incomplete hhhhh
also this is very much just guilty pleasure HAHA I just.... wanted edgy.......... i.e. idk how committed I actually am to this uhhh

The story takes place in Hong Kong in... the distant future...

I've named it "anamnesis" which I think describes the major themes pretty accurately.
Technology/science have rendered memories digital - so they can be created, destroyed, and stored like files. Memory therapy allows you to alter/delete/add memories, to flush away the negative parts of life... The memory clinics are government-controlled and who knows what they're up to eh?

Rei, Locke, and Rigel (the third character that I've... yet to draw) - side note, smh why are all my characters' names R or L - are part of an underground conspiracy(?)/rebel(?) group that believes that memory therapy erases you as a person.

I'm extra so I gave them Chinese names too bc why not
曾玉梅 - the first character is just her last name. The second means "jade", and the third means "plum flower"
Rei has strong feelings against the government and the memory clinic practice - she absolutely despises the system. Not out of pure hatred, but because of the way that memory tech and society have tossed aside people like her and her teammates... So although she's kind of intimidating/fierce, her reasons make her a very compassionate person.

Aha... so here's the tragic anime backstory
All of Rei's memories are fabricated, but she doesn't realize it. Her father is a famed memory scientist who, in his quest for the ultimate memory technology, used his daughter as an experiment... Rei grew up in wealth and was spoiled with everything - but for the experiment, all of her memories were erased and new ones were implanted. She was made to believe that she grew up on the streets, fighting for her life. Her father created that scenario, studied her for some years, and then abandoned her for good.

His memory tech is now an acclaimed but expensive procedure. Notably, it plays a part in Locke's story...

袁凯俊 - the second character means "victory", and the third means "handsome"
Amnesiac - but it's not that his memories have been forgotten, it's that... they're literally not there anymore. Can't be jogged.
Locke is a very cold, secluded, paranoid person - he trusts very few people bc he's scared that they'll take advantage of him.

backstory that Locke has no memory of:
He was a computer science genius at a top university - spitting image of success. He was also charismatic, well-liked, and sociable. And he was curious above all...

Briefly: Locke found out some secret stuff and the government was like "ok bye... except we can use him bc he's talented 👀". They erased his memories, but before they could implant new ones to essentially make him their minion, Rei and Rigel rescued him.

There's a story for his tattoo but hhhh is this too long

I have some stuff for Rigel too if you want to know about him haha

ALSO I'm almost done with your order I just hope the weather is nice in the morning so I can take a proper photo of it before the weekend
I gave up on the scanner ugh

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/8 23:16:14 )

@Hachi: I would love to know about Rigel. :)
Also, the story for Locke's tattoo would be appreciated, as well.

Question: are there any backups of memories somewhere? Or are Locke's and Rei's memories gone forever?

I'm really interested by this world and these characters, so I hope you continue to expand it. Or at least share tidbits, if you're so inclined, lol.

Lastly, I'm excited, lol.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 08:33:42 )
I FINISHED IT....... now to wait for daylight..........

I'd really like to expand the story but I'm also very lazy haha. I think mostly I'm just uncommitted to working out details and making sure things are cohesive bc those are hard... but throwing up scattered ideas is easy
I'm so happy you're interested in it tho, it's quite motivating

For their sake, I hope Locke/Rei's memories are stored somewhere
Locke is actively searching for them, although he's also worried about finding out what kind of person he used to be.

I'll write the other blurbs tomorrow bc if I stay up any longer I'll regret it in the morning haha

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 02:18:13 )
@Apollo Im Burning: oof I spent a lot of time editing...
This was a lot of fun to color! I'm so used to darker shades that doing something pastel was a nice change of pace haha

Also I figured out how to embed images from dropbox and I'm living... good-bye tumblr image size restrictions

Okay now I need you to remove some volts from that trade....... thanks!!

★ slot's open ★

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 03:42:55 )

@Hachi: o w o
all the o w o s! lmao
but seriously, ah, I love it! :D it came out great! :3
i just keep staring at it xD
thank you so much!
I'd totally snag your open spot again, but I dunno how much I can spend at the mo due to trades, lol
speaking of which, please accept the one from quoth o w o

as for your story, ah, well, while I wish you would, it's not like you're obligated to
and feel free to take your time with what you do share, as well. :)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 05:46:12 )
@Apollo Im Burning: hhhhhhhhh but it's so many volts....... why....
apollo I tremble in fear just imagining how large your other trades must be haha

I WANT TO.... but I wish I had the creative energy to... it comes and goes. I think I wrote like 80% of what I have so far in one night bc everything just flooded my brain at once. But now I've got nothing haha

Locke's tattoo is an indicator that the government uses to keep track of people whose lives they've remade through memory manipulation. In the process, the person is made to believe that they got the tattoo at a parlor for whatever personal reasons - keeps the process top-secret.

Locke was never fitted with those memories (or any, haha) so he doesn't remember getting the tattoo. But he does associate it with feelings of pain and suffering - it's bc the tattoo was put on him during the memory erasure process... I imagine the forceful taking of one's memories is a traumatic experience bc it's like removing your sense of self.

The tattoo and those feelings used to bother him tremendously, but since then he's somewhat come to terms with it. Recently, he regards it as a symbol of an identity that he's now forgotten, but that undeniably had once existed... it's more than what his friend Rigel has at least.

But Rigel's story will be tomorrow bc I... want to play stardew valley now haha

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 03:03:38 )

@Hachi: 'cause you deserve it, lol :3

and damn, wish i would get surges of creativity like that o 3 o
haven't written anything new regarding my characters at all, aaahhhhh...

is the indicator the same for everyone, or are there different symbols for different things, or something else entirely? o:
lsfjalsjdf now i'm more curious about Rigel, lol
hope you enjoyed stardew valley xD

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/12 08:27:22 )
@Apollo Im Burning: thank you for the volts apollo im crying it's a lot i'll try to put them to good use

OH I remember some time ago you were researching locations - any updates since then?

the tattoos are all different! how do I messily try to justify this dumb system I guess it uhhh raises less suspicion what a pain to keep track of tho

His adopted last name is Lau: 劉運静 The second character means "lucky", and the third means "serene".
A TRUE CINNAMON ROLL..... very gentle and kind... and very timid, nervous, and insecure. There's a lot of trauma in his past, he has a lot of identity issues...

Rigel once lived a completely normal life - until he started recalling memories of a family that he didn't have... The memories turned into hallucinations - he turned to substance abuse to cope, until he was picked up by the rebel group.

He's a victim of a condition known as memory psychosis - typically a result of faulty memory therapy. hhh yikes his story is long uhhh BASICALLY he came from an abusive family but his sister tried to save him by going through a charity clinic - so they erased his memories and implanted new ones so he could live with his adopted family happily ever after. Except the therapy was poorly done...

Rigel has memories of both existences. But he can't tell which ones are real... sometimes he wonders if both of them are fake, and if his entire existence has been fabricated...

this is pretty much all I have tho... idk where to go from here haha

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/13 03:27:22 )

@Hachi: Np! Get yourself some art with it, or something. x)
And adlfjalsjfs no
I'm liking Seattle, but I haven't looked further into the city. I got sidetracked by looking into the internment of Japanese Americans.
noted, though maybe they fall into general shapes/categories to make it easier to keep track of them? idk, lol
but damn, Rigel had it rough o:
I'm intrigued the most by characters with personality disorders and the like, so I'm actually going to be really curious about him.
now I'm wondering what he looks like, lol
what happened to his sister? and how was his family abusive? How long was it from the time he started hallucinating to the time the group picked him up?
sorry if that's a lot of questions and as always, you don't have to answer them nun;;;

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/13 03:29:53 )

ah, actually, not sure if personality disorder was the right term, but can't think of the correct one, damn

pls don't

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.