Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ★☆ KARMA CITY ⇢⇢ Art Shop. [Closed]

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 21:59:07 )

Hi, welcome to my art shop.

A fair warning that my style fluctuates a little. If something turns out not to your expectation, you are more than welcome to tell me to fix it or adjust the price to your discretion. Or if you absolutely hate it, it'll be free whatever

Also, I have to ask for your patience. It can take me at least a week or more to finish a piece, depending on medium and complexity. But I'm very unlikely to bail once I've accepted. Feel free to ask for progress updates and WIPs. If I do stop working on your request for whatever reason, I will be sure to let you know. And if I'm taking too long, you can cancel at any time.

Let me know if you'd like a Headshot, Waist-up, or Fullbody, and also which medium you want.
I'll do abstract color backgrounds if you request for it. Anything beyond that is up to my discretion and current motivation, sorry.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 21:59:15 )

It's difficult for me to price my own art, so just pay whatever you want. I'll accept volts, ohms, and items.
Here are some items that I'm interested in, but I'll still accept ones that don't appear on this list.

Porcelain Doll
The Ruffian
Encore
Anything with red, black, white, or silver in it tbh

If you'd prefer, you can wait until you see the finished piece to decide on payment. There's no need to include an offer with your request.
I'm always up for art trades, even when slots are full. We can discuss the details.

1. closed
2. closed

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 21:59:20 )

Please save the image to your computer or your own image-hosting site. I can't guarantee that they'll be around forever.
The artwork will be watermarked until I receive payment.

I'd like to keep the thread up and active, so I'm offering freebies in a medium that normally isn't available in my shop.
The 8th poster on every 8th page (eg. 8, 16, 24...) will receive a special headshot done in charcoal on toned paper.

★ Thank you to Anarchist Beauty for these wonderful banners! ★

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/8 01:49:03 )
All right, it's open. Ummm let's see how this goes

23/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/8 02:00:44 )

@Hachi: aaskalhafk I was waiting for this place to open! Unfortunately I'm not at my laptop so I hope I'll still be able to snag a spot later. ; o ;

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/8 02:02:02 )
Nishinoya! > w<

& The charcoal freebie looks so nice too. O:

37/225
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/8 03:17:29 )
sorennnnnnnnnnnn!!!
awesome styles dude

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/8 06:31:05 )
@apollo im burning: oops yeah I definitely let this thing sit here longer than intended, haha
Thanks for waiting though!!

Kent: Thankyouthankyou
I'm happy to see Haikyuu fans here, I'm missing this show all over again

@Hazer: You got it! I'm looking forward to drawing the bow, I think it'll be fun! I'll work on it over the week and maybe post WIPs??

@kiwi: Ink is my favorite! There's something very satisfying about the way it goes onto paper so boldly. There's also something very nerve-wracking about the fact that you can't erase it or cover it, but that's also exciting. I'd put ink on everything and everywhere if no one stopped me whoops

@okios: hi nice to meet you my name is fire emblem trash

24/500

Voltie — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/8 09:24:23 )
My wish is your command~

Oh my glob, your art is amazing, if only I had enough to pay for what I consider your art worth *sobs*

427/750

For a price, at least~

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/8 16:07:16 )

@Hachi: It's all good! :D If you're up for it, I would like art of this guy (here's another ref); waist-up and in ink, please!
Hopefully the links work!
I'm really bad at pricing, so hopefully this isn't a bad offer, but how does 20k Volts sound? :x

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/9 00:49:08 )
@Dipper: Wow this is such a mood because this is me @ all the other shops in this forum
Buuut we can... art trade?? An option for our poor souls!!

@Apollo Im Burning: I'll accept your request but ummm 20k sounds like a lot?? I mean I know next to nothing about the economy but that's a lot of zeros

26/500

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/9 01:06:48 )
wow you're so good. o:

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/9 04:36:36 )

@Hachi: Hmmm, well, honestly, I think having more examples of the type of art I want would actually help me in ensuring that I'm offering the right amount. I mean no offense to you, but I've been burned a bit where the art I received is nothing like the example the artist provided. :s But honestly, I don't feel like I'm overpaying you. o:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/9 05:03:30 )
@Apollo Im Burning: No offense taken, I totally understand where you're coming from. I can't really say that I have much in the way of proper ink examples, because most of it amounts to doodles that I don't think would be very representative (I mean I barfed out this thing for Inktober 5 minutes ago but it's also just a doodle??)

I don't want to disappoint you either, so how about this? I'll finish the drawing and then you can decide what you want to pay afterwards, does that sound fair? And well if that doesn't work out, then we'll go by the policy in the first post, haha

----

Thanks Shark!

32/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/9 05:10:43 )

@Hachi: If that's a doodle, then damn, yeah, I'm not overpaying. xD
But I am down for deciding on what to pay after you're done, then. o w o
I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Out of curiosity, what are you looking for art of? Since I noticed you said you were down for art trades. o:

Voltie — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/9 07:23:29 )
My wish is your command~

@Hachi: asdfghjkl but what if I don't feel like my art is good enough to trade for yours? XD

449/750

For a price, at least~
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/9 12:53:19 )

Holy pancakes your work is like, super high quality eep! <33 Hopefully next time slots are free I can grab one! :'D please keep up the amazing work <33

Find my illustrations here: https://twitter.com/Lydiachan22

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 00:14:31 )
@Apollo Im Burning: I'll try my best. Honestly having this agreement also makes me feel less nervous, haha.
But let me know, would you prefer if it was on the sketchier/messier side or cleaner? I feel like I lean either way when it comes to ink.
And I'm looking for OC art! 1 2

***I'm updating the front page in regards to pricing; basically just opening up/clarifying the option to pick your price after the piece is finished, a.k.a what Apollo and I just worked out***

@Dipper: Is this the part where I admit to stalking the Inktober thread
I'm not going to push you, but I just wanted to put the option out there.
I like your art! I'd bid in your auction if it wasn't already out of the budget of my entire life's savings on Voltra

Thank you Lydia!

35/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 00:27:45 )

@Hachi: Oh, that's good, then! :D
And I guess I would go with cleaner, but honestly whatever you want to do with it, I'm down for! I try to not limit people's creative decisions, as I'd like to have the same courtesy. n u n;;;
But anyway, ah, they're nice! I like their design! :) adljsfljsalfj considering drawing them, but I don't want to make any guarantees because it might fall through, lol. I should really get started on my auction art, at any rate. o:

pls don't

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 02:18:09 )
All right, I'll keep that in mind!

Haha if you want to turn this into an art trade, I'm okay with that too but don't force yourself.
I'm excited to see your auction piece, your art is great!

41/500

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.