Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Whats your childhood toy?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 21:36:45 )
Random question, but isn't it nice to relive some memories?

Mine was a bright orange gopher in clown pyjamas... Called mr gopher. Well "mr gopper" cause tiny people.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 22:45:05 )
I had Threads the Bear, from the land of pleasant dreams.
He came with this nightmare fuel: https://youtu.be/VZTckzXS9LM
I would carry him around everywhere for YEARS, he fell completely apart and had to be re-made by my great grandma, so it played upon the story adorably.
I also had the Teddy Ruxpin that read books to you... his jaw fell off because my childhood just had to be filled with scary nonsense.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 22:48:49 )
I use to have a ton of those TY Babies, the little plushes that had the red heart shaped tags. And I had a lot of Kitty Kittens, they were these plush cats that had beads or something inside of them that mimicked purring.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 23:38:03 )
I had a plastic mama duck with ducklings that went in her back/wings. I think it was meant to be a bath toy but I just carried it around anyway because I adored it.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 00:22:16 )
Electronics, basically. Educational gaming devices.

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 01:45:30 )
I loved playing with Polly Pocket dolls. That was my shit. The ones with the plastic hair and the little rubber clothes. It was the bomb, man. There's still a little box of them in a closet in my parents' house.

On a related note, this topic reminded me of Trevor Noah talking about his favorite toy growing up in South Africa. Give it a watch, it's really funny.

https://youtu.be/_dxz_QvGLP4

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 02:17:06 )
My mom had a stuffed leopard that my dad gave her when they were dating. I found him (the leopard, not my dad) in a cardboard box after we moved from Ireland. We were in Boston and my twin and I were lonely outcasts. I stole him (the leopard, not my brother) and wouldn't give him back to my mom. She stopped trying to get me to give the stupid thing back after she realized it was futile. His name is Zipperhead...because five year olds find stupid shit funny.

I still have him somewhere. And I got my late wife something similar. A leopard that she thought would be cute to name Buttonhead. You Know, like zippers and buttons. My oldest, Jaden, gave them a couple name: Zippy-butt.

Zippy-butt is still a couple and I still have the leopard lovers somewhere.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 03:43:49 )

My favorite was a Gameboy Color with any Pokemon game in it! It would spend hours and hour playing.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 07:17:45 )
We\'ll carry on

I got a teddy bear of my godfather and uncle and named after another uncle, Kees. Those 2 uncles didn’t like each other much irl.
I still have him and he’s always next to my bed.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 09:53:03 )
@Kelsey: You totally made me think of betty spaghetti.. So you remember her?
@Gatorlec: So much cute goals.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 10:06:13 )

@Gatorlec: That is an awesome story! It made me laugh! So cute!

For me it was a little blue teddy bear, I would make a beeline for it everytime it was playtime (I was raised in a communal dorm) One day another girl wanted it and said it was rightfully hers because she was older. We played tug of war for abit and then I let the teddy go all of a sudden. She fell over, cut her lip and we were both put in time out. I was so shocked because that was probably the first time I caused someone to bleed. I did not like it at all. And thats the story of how I learned that I was a lover not a fighter

Always ping me please.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 16:36:06 )
@Kelsey: oh snap, I forgot about polly pocket. I had waaaaay too much of those
call me grem
they/them

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 17:38:45 )
@nyreen: saaammmee. They had so many little accessories and kick knacks. Memories.

@Robyn: I never had one myself but I remember the commercials for them. Do you remember those little dolls with the blank faces? They came with markers so you could draw her face on yourself. She also had Velcro wigs lol

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 18:11:58 )
@Kelsey: No faces and a velcro wig, sounds like a horror doll!

Just chillin'

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 18:26:45 )
I still have almost all of my childhood toys. Honestly, the only things I ever asked my parents for were books and dolls. I still have them, even the dolls that are broken. We lived in a very remote area so I never had anyone to play with. My dolls were my "friends" and they still mean a lot to me. I'm trying to find places for them all.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 19:45:59 )

My favorite toy was a Robin action figure, from the Batman and Robin movie. That thing went with me everywhere.

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 01:58:22 )

Meet Cleo, little leopard half full of beans.
She's a little flat due to missing plastic pellets that fell out from a hole.

She's not missing an eye but it did fall out once and I managed to fix it but she kept her eyepatch.
I've had her for ages, I remember bringing her with me to elementary school.
So she is a little over 20 years old.

@Gatorlec: when you mentioned your leopard it made me remember my leopard. :D
(Avatar Closet)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.