Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Anime You're Following

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 16:23:47 )
Hi! Since anime is aired in seasons, what are you following for summer?

I'm following Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa, Banana Fish, and Sirius the Jaeger, though I think I'm a week behind on everything because I let it pile up. ;o;

Tonegawa is a spinoff of the Kaiji series, which I love. I'm currently waiting for best boy to make a solid appearance.

Banana Fish is based off the manga from the 80s/90s, basically about a gangster with a rough past trying to figure out what exactly banana fish is.

Sirius the Jaeger is about... vampires and werewolves, I think? I haven't gotten very far, but I know there's vampires.

So what are you watching from summer 2018?

For next season, if Promare airs, I'll probably be following that.

What's coming up in Autumn that you're excited for?

For the complete summer list, follow this link: https://www.livechart.me/summer-2018/tv

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/29 05:29:50 )

I think I would like to watch Banana Fish. I haven't started it yet though.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/29 05:31:01 )
Can't wait for new seasons for ao no exorcist and one punch man.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/29 05:31:51 )
None of them are in tbe summer though.

This year I watched card captor clear card and hero aca

Art by Robyn.
--x--
I'm @supereffective.fireblast on instagram

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 08:12:27 )
I need to watch more Cells At Work!.

It's not anime, but the first episode of Kamen Rider Zi-O just aired yesterday. So far, I like it.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 20:58:46 )
I'm watching Vampire Knight rn and just finished Madoka.
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/5 20:12:43 )
I've heard of Banana Fish and I'm curious, but I'm not sure where to watch it.

I started watching the new series of Free! but I kind of forgot about it... I guess it kind of depresses me that the characters have graduated high school and are going to separate colleges, and some of their friends are still back in high school, so they aren't constantly together anymore. And it introduced a lot of new characters and now it just feels like a different show...

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 11:04:57 )
Fai:

Didn't Ao No Exorcist just get a new season? I know I just finished the latest one, but that's probably because I'm absurdly behind. 8[ Ugh. And YES TO ONE PUNCH MAN. I don't know why there isn't a new season for this yet???!!

onsenmark:

It's not anime, but the first episode of Kamen Rider Zi-O just aired yesterday. So far, I like it.

Been meaning to get to Cells At Work!! I watched part of the first ep, White Cell is Best Boy!!

Eldweena:

I started watching the new series of Free! but I kind of forgot about it... I guess it kind of depresses me that the characters have graduated high school and are going to separate colleges, and some of their friends are still back in high school, so they aren't constantly together anymore. And it introduced a lot of new characters and now it just feels like a different show...

Banana Fish can be found on Amazon Prime. :) And that sucks about Free!, I personally haven't watched it, I was a little turned off by the obvious fanservice (I like my fanservice hard to predict LOL). Maybe consider it a spinoff in that case?

Also, to add to my own viewing list for the summer season, I binged Angels of Death a few weeks ago. It's got that dumb Jeff The Killer vibe, but in a campy fun way. I like it, in the same way a lot of people enjoyed Kill La Kill; you constantly have to ask yourself, how serious is this show? Pretty great.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 11:40:31 )
Runner Available:
Fai:

Didn't Ao No Exorcist just get a new season? I know I just finished the latest one, but that's probably because I'm absurdly behind. 8[ Ugh. And YES TO ONE PUNCH MAN. I don't know why there isn't a new season for this yet???!!

onsenmark:

Been meaning to get to Cells At Work!! I watched part of the first ep, White Cell is Best Boy!!

Eldweena:

Banana Fish can be found on Amazon Prime. :) And that sucks about Free!, I personally haven't watched it, I was a little turned off by the obvious fanservice (I like my fanservice hard to predict LOL). Maybe consider it a spinoff in that case?

Also, to add to my own viewing list for the summer season, I binged Angels of Death a few weeks ago. It's got that dumb Jeff The Killer vibe, but in a campy fun way. I like it, in the same way a lot of people enjoyed Kill La Kill; you constantly have to ask yourself, how serious is this show? Pretty great.

MACROPHAGE IS MY WAIFU. :viosweat: (also, she's voiced by Kikuko Inoue(the voice of Belldandy in Aa! Megami-sama), so it's interesting to imagine basically Belldandy slaughtering viruses and bacteria left and right)

Also, I'm waiting for season 2 of Kemono Friends.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 13:51:00 )
I don't really regularly watch anime the way I used to 4 years ago, but I had some fun watching Asobi Asobase recently. I started Gugure! Kokkuri-san and have yet to finish it. Once upon a time I had a whole list of things I wanted to start watching but since I'm moving and all my stuff is either packed away or in a different spot, I'm not sure where that list is right now.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 06:20:45 )

Hello! Tia is currently speaking:

I'm currently watching Osomatsu-san, however it's been getting a little boring so I might go back to rewatching other anime. I might start Cell Life next and see how that goes.

...And have a great day!

tbh i should really be doing my homework

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 16:50:47 )
I didn't follow very many anime for summer (actually that's me for... most seasons), I basically only kept up with My Hero Academia. I was watching Attack on Titan, but I felt like I'd enjoy it more if I waited until the end of the season to binge watch it (watching the second season week by week was a disaster for me and my small attention span).

My friend and I were watching Cells at Work so we can collectively nerd over the immunology in the show, but our schedules don't align very well so we haven't gotten very far. I'll probably just watch it on my own at this point shhhh

BUT FOR AUTUMN, I'm extra hype because Part 5 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is finally here. I'd almost given up on it being announced for another season after the long break it took after Part 4. But I'm so happy it's back. There really isn't anything that can replace Jojo's. part 6 when

8/500

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.