Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Think I'll see him on the news later?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 02:54:13 )
So, I was at a fast food place the other night and this man came up and sat at the table right beside me. My husband had just gotten up to refill his drink and it was just myself and my 2 yr old son at the table.

The man starts off by asking how old my son is- I answer. He makes a comment about how he wants kids, but he hasn't found the right woman yet. Then he goes into this huge rant about how he doesn't have a kid because all women are entitled. He just keeps ranting and raving about how all women are entitled and that he had a terrible childhood because of entitled women and he grew up too fast and now women don't want him because of their entitlement.

I'm sitting there feeling really uncomfortable because the things he was saying reminded me of statements from serial killers from various documentaries and articles I've read. I end up saying something like "you'll find the right person when the time is right" or something similar, but it was pretty much a "I'm being nice..please don't kill me."

This entire conversation covers the span of 3 minutes at most. From Awwww I want kids to all women are entitled b**** in the span of 3 minutes. I said a total of maybe 2 sentences. The man couldn't talk very well and I'm not sure if he was drunk or not.

My husband comes back and the man puts his head down on the table. I'm so glad I was there with someone because I just feel like that man would have followed me to my car. We stayed for a few more minutes and I watched him attempt a conversation with another woman with a young kid, but she also had more people with her.

I hope I'm overreacting and that man was just strange, but I felt so uncomfortable. I'm a small female (5ft 1) with a young child and this man felt like this conversation was appropriate and then decided it was inappropriate when a man (my husband) showed up and sat at my table. It just seemed like something that you read about/watch on law and order SVU. I truly feel like I would not have been safe if I had been on my own with my child.

Okay- small rant over.

TL;DR- Creepy man was creepy.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 03:16:14 )

Batsy Says. . .

that sounds really scary.
glad your husband was there.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 03:37:41 )
@Moodybats: I am too! I try to look as unapproachable as possible when I'm in public alone, but sometimes it just doesn't work. I need to fix my rbf.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 04:42:45 )
Ick, what a weirdo. I'm glad you're okay and that he didn't get violent :(
Call me ping me if you wanna reach me

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 07:08:14 )
Man , people are so creepy! That's such a weird jump in conversation.

Sig art by me
Pixel base :www.deviantart.com/keimichi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 07:08:59 )
This happened to me while at McDonald’s when I was alone with my daughter. A man asked her name and I wouldn’t tell him and he just ended up putting his head down after I moved tables.

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 08:28:57 )
neko says;
I would have flipped out on him. You're not talking like that in front of my fucking child.

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 11:04:06 )
Sounds like an Incel to me. I can't believe these jerks have a name other than insecure beta male. "I got all the achievements in the game of life, where is my sexy female reward?" I wan't to hope that those ideas alone don't make them violent or aggressive, but those are violent and aggressive views they support, so... NO WONDER YOU DON'T HAVE A WOMAN with that attitude dude.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 12:07:23 )
@Glume: Haha dude if he joined Incel he is missing alot of achievements XD Being a normal, decent, non-douchebag achievement is still locked. Being a grown ass man who doesn't whine when he doesn't get his way, is still locked. Being a human being that doesnt blame others for everything that goes wrong, is also still locked. Not to mention self-confidence, patience and general personal strength stats are really low.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 12:37:57 )
@Saeyra: Those are always locked for those people. Hence the lack of reward :p

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 12:55:56 )
@Glume: Haha yeah, I wish they would calm down and just treat women like people and not some weird alien race that has all these different standards for finding mates. Just treat us like you would treat a very dear friend and we will do the same. :vanora_xd:

Always ping me please.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 15:22:26 )
Sounds like a sad, pathetic loser and we know why he isn't with anyone just based on the convo he thought was appropriate to have with you with your child there. How gross.

I'm glad you weren't alone.
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/20 01:18:26 )
@nyreen: I was thinking the same thing the whole time! I was like "I can tell you with 100% certainty why you are single and should remain single."

@butterfly: What a creep! I hate it when people think it's their right as a human being to know about my child. Go away please. I also hated it when my son was younger and people would try to touch him. I don't know you or where your hands have been!

@neko: I didn't even have time to feel anything other than uncomfortable and nervous! Given more time, I'm sure i'd have been a little more brave. haha!

@glume: You know those kinds of guys get mad if you call them out on it too! ugh. I'll take my entitled female self elsewhere please. haha!
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/20 01:36:54 )
@Mousy: I don't mind cuz I can totally take them in a fight. Intimidation goes a long way!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/20 12:23:28 )
Ugh, that is super creepy. I'm glad your husband was with you.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.