Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Wonderland Ch. 9 The Duchess' Cottage

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:22:47 )
Question, Why did She Feel True Fear After He Said "Your'e the pig"?
Did His Eye Just Show So Much Emotion Or Is It Something Else?
Was There A Hint In The First Post That Im Missing That Could
Be Useful In Our Action Choice?Im Probably Reading Too Much Into It

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:25:09 )

I do hope that Siron's user action's test of the rules doesn't cause an argument like yesterday. >_<

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:26:20 )
@Angelus: oh I may have missed that part, what happened? o:

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:28:20 )

@Siron: Some folks got a bit into it over the rules specifically stating that 'ten LETTER answers are a loss' which left solve attempts unaddressed.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:30:31 )
@Luffer nutter: Yeah, for the second scene, we said "defend" and we did that but we also got on opportunity to attack her which we didn't take. So maybe we could have said "defend, then attack" to get a more helpful outcome? Basically we're trying to take more control of what happens in the scene, so hopefully it works out in our favor.

@Siron: Hopefully the writer is willing to work with what we're doing, haha. It would be easy to make some parts of our plan fail, like having the Duchess miss the cage with her swing or something. Lots of stuff to work with there!

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:33:52 )

@Theory: True, offering a multiple action move, we did kind of complicate things for the writer.
But I'd be interested to see what he/she does with what we're doing.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:34:04 )
@Angelus: I really had no idea tbh
and well I mean, just to have mentioned it, i didn't post it to test the rules haha
I tend to try and think of the most strategic things I can think of and use suggestions as I go, rip

@Theory: I wonder o:
But yep, i think they could very well make parts fail!
We'll see how it ends up and adapt to it i suppose
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:34:56 )

@Siron: Of course, of course and I dig it. It just seems the writer might not have accounted for such creativity.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:35:11 )
*stares lost at slight wall-o-text * * rubs eyes and waits for whatever is going to happen *

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:41:59 )
Wish I could stick around longer to help but GL guys!
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:42:39 )
That is exactly how I would put it, Angelus. I think we are being more creative than they were expecting! I know they're creative too though, so I think this will be fun. :)

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:44:53 )

@Theory: I agree. I'm intrigued to see what they'll do with what we're putting out there.

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:46:51 )

Scene Three

[User Siron's action has been decided upon. Tale altered.]

As Static stares ahead, his vision begins to cloud and he sees red for a moment. Shaking his head clears his perspective, however, and he darts over to the cage instead of paying the Duchess much mind. "Frizz, don't worry. I'll get you out right away!" He tries destroying the chains that lock the gate with his magic, but what he conjures up seems to fizzle out as it connects with the bars.

"It's protected?" He glances around quickly and finds a zweihander in one statue's hand. It's a very large two-handed sword. Ripping it out of the unmoving hands, he's just about to cut the chains when he hears heavy breathing behind him.

The Duchess' voice bellows out: "Such a naughty child. First you try to take my precious baby, and now you're STEALING? The punishment for these crimes is DEATH!" She swings her cleaver downwards, and Static uses the zweihander to parry. Sparks fly as the blades connect, but the Duchess' strength is vast, and the cleaver is winning.

Seeing his chance, Static guides the cleaver with his own weapon and pretends to lose his footing so that it falls, with force, into the chains securing the gate of the cage. The chains snap under the pressure, the bars bend, and Frizz leaps out! She squeals wildly and with a snort, slams her butt into the Duchess' leg as small payback before joining Static by his side.
"Frizz, let's get out of here!" Relieved, Static swoops her up in his arms and flies up to the only window in the room. He cradles her to his chest and generates a field of energy around him that shatters the glass when he flies through. She's squealing, happily this time, with a smile on her snout though he can't see it.

Floating down to the murky ground, he examines their surroundings for a moment. It appears to be a swamp of some sort with a few large mushroom stems jutting up to an unknown end. There are many tall willow trees and several thicker trunked trees. Static is around knee-high in sludge and it's impossible to see the bottom.

"You think you can get away from me, boy?" Her voice bellowed from inside before a giant hand grabbed onto the windowsill to hoist her up. "Nobody has escaped Mommy, and why would they want to? Her cottage is the only place, the only home they should want to be!" She squeezed through the window and ungracefully fell into the sludge. "Mommy isn't as young as she used to be," she grunted out while still clutching the cleaver in her other hand. "But you kids are more rowdy than ever! Why can't you just BEHAVE?"

Static hovered away from her slowly. He wasn't the best talker of the Guardians, but maybe he could calm her? Then again, he didn't want any other child put into this predicament. "I know you're lonely, Duchess, but that doesn't mean you can hold people here. They need freedom, too." Frizz snorted her agreement.

The Duchess furrowed her gaze, seemingly thinking about it?

What Should I do?

Seize this opportunity. Attack the human!

Run and try to hide. Maybe her eyesight's bad.

None yet. Write your own and convince users it should be here!

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:46:53 )
@Angelus: I'm excited to see what happens too!

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:51:01 )

This seems like a good time to somehow put Carroll's Dutchess's motto to use: "Everything has got a moral, if only you can find it."

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:51:48 )

Maybe there is a way for her to make friends without capturing them? Like the mad hatter or someone?

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:53:08 )
Ooh okay, so we freed Frizz and managed to lure the Duchess outside! Should we try to convince her to change her evil ways, or just keep leading her away from the house?

I want to know what Siron thinks!
Sean, 25, they/them

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:54:21 )

I'm saying talk some morals into her so she'll change Frizz back.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:55:30 )
Hmm, how do we talk sense into a madwoman? It'd be nice if she could make friends, but she might be too far gone.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 19:55:43 )
Not All Too Relevant To Choosing A Course Of Action, But I Really Wonder What The Duchess' Childhood Was Like Now

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.