Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Please tell me this is normal LOL

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 20:53:35 )
@Dread Pirate: I've heard of that but have not checked it out. Is it any good.

Donator — King Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 20:58:54 )
@Glume: i only had it a day or two it basically teaches you how to meditate at least the first few days
Dressed as goblins!
Do it all again!
See the friends all again!

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 21:08:04 )

@Vesta Rose: What is "normal" really?
This, however, sounds like paranoia.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 21:55:48 )

My imagination definitely has a will of its own, as I'd say most people around here probably do. (Some people in the world tho idk they have like 0 imagination)

It's definitely "normal" in a relative sense of the word, but as others have mentioned, if you feel like it's too much, you can try clearing your mind with some meditation or even distracting yourself with a new hangup. xD

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 22:19:47 )
Idk, bro.
But you must have an amazing imagination!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:35:00 )
@Dread Pirate: I'll try that app, thank you :D
@Glume: By the way, I meditated last night, I lasted 2 minutes or so then fell asleep.
@Angelus: Paranoia, how so?
@Vii: Distracting myself... hmmm what to do distract myself with.. what to distract myself with?
@blinkini: I spent most of my childhood locked in my room with limited sunlight, so it is pretty amazing, I don't mean to toot my own horn but *toots*

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:38:33 )
That will happen a lot at first no worries :)
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:43:39 )
@Glume: It did help that I was listening to meditation sounds, I felt calm for a minute, it was awesome.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:56:05 )

@Vesta Rose: everyone has intrusive thoughts from times to time but then tend to be different for different people. Mine are things like when I’m in the car but not driving I think what if I opened this door and jumped out. It kind scares me but it’s normal.
If the thoughts start becoming the only thing that you think about or you feel that you need something to be done about it you can follow the other advice in the thread. It was good advice.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:00:15 )
@Totalanimefan: There was a time in my life where intrusive thoughts were all I could think of, but suddenly one day they stopped. I don't know if it's the stress or it could just be my imagination forcing me to think those stuff. I don't want that to happen again so I definitely will follow the advice here. Thank you all :) <3

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:09:30 )

@Vesta Rose: stress is a big factor in those kinds of thoughts. :(

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:10:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh... that explains everything.. :/

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:19:25 )

@Vesta Rose: I hope you feel better and less stressed soon. Meditation and medicine really help.
Going for walks also helps me.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:23:44 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you, drinking my meds does help me feel a bit better. And as for me, working for Kaeska (another site like Voltra) as a developer is a pretty good distraction/destressor for me.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:25:11 )

@Vesta Rose: that’s good. I used to not like work at all when I worked retail. But now I am a temp at various offices and I must admit it really helps take my mind off of things too. I just realized that above two-ish weeks ago.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:29:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it feels even better if the people you work with is your friends. :)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.