Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Wonderland /Eats all the shrooms

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 02:59:06 )
@nyx: I see a nyx o:

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:00:01 )

I F-ing hate Windows 10 forced updates! One update causes the whole computer to crash. The whole screen freezes and the only thing I can do is a hard reset by pushing the power button.

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:01:50 )

I hate that too! Especially during a game. :(

But Nyx, the shrooms are goooood. ;)

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:03:31 )
with win 10, you can muddle with the settings so that it only updates when you shut down or force it to update/manual updates.
I kept getting mad at my laptop due to the random forced updates windows kept doing, so i went digging through the settings LOL

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:03:32 )

Yeah. It is the worst!

Also, my kids were supposed to be in bed two hours ago to sleep. But they are still awake and complaining it is too hot in their room. >_<

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:05:34 )

Arcius:
with win 10, you can muddle with the settings so that it only updates when you shut down or force it to update/manual updates.
I kept getting mad at my laptop due to the random forced updates windows kept doing, so i went digging through the settings LOL

No, I've tried that. It's the fact that you even have to have the updates now and can't even ignore that fact anymore. Not what time the computer itself updates them.
Since it was one of the past updates that F'd up the computer.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:10:09 )
@dragoness129: weird o-o
it makes no sense why it wouldn't work.
But then again, if it's one of the updates that butchered it, then, that sorta explains it right there.
In a situation like that, I'd legit just gather up all the saved stuff that was important onto an external drive, and to a factory restore, get it back to the initial windows copy, which i imagine it was 10, anyhow, if it's a newer computer, and just make sure the settings were set up as what i was describing as quickly as you could, sort of a thing. (that's more or less what I had to do when i first got my laptop, actually, twas second hand, but, restored to the initial win 10 copy that was installed onto it, to be safe, and it kept fucking with my art, so I was like "nope, screw you windows, not today satan."

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:10:23 )

Aww, bundles of energy!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:11:52 )
i wish i was a bundle of energy

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:12:28 )

It's because someone turned off the auto updates, got a virus, and sued Window. Now it is forced upon everyone.
Yeah, my husband was thinking about doing that, but he doesn't want to have to re-install everything and such.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:16:53 )
but wait, it's not windows fault the dude was an idiot LOL
I'm pretty pleased though that my settings haven't reverted to that shit show though.
I'd probably just say to hell with windows and try to get a mac or something.
or go back to ubuntu and suffer with being limited art wise lol
the only time this thing updates is if I shut it down, which isn't often, I might add xD

(even with the external drive, depending on what the programs are, he may not have to reinstall anything. Could throw that shit into a zipped folder, and drop it onto the drive, then once pc is back up again, bring everything back over from drive and unzip a handful of things. Mind you, not eeeeverything would work with that, but still, in theory it should)

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:20:33 )

Right! lol
I've only ever had Windows myself.

(I'm not sure if he knows how to do all that techy stuff. I know I surely don't.)

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:26:54 )
I've had windows 80% of my life, but then spent the past few years using ubuntu and only just last year went back to windows because photoshop.

And thats understandable lol
making zipped folders isn't too hard though o:

just right click the folder you intend to "zip" and go to send to, and then send to compressed (zipped) folder, then it duplicates said folder as a zipped file, and thankfully, windows 10 has feature where you can actually unzip things, unlike previous versions where you had to go hunting for programs that did that.
im a space cadet who's lazy with typing 90% of the time
pls ping me

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:33:23 )

Ah. I'm not really sure what the purpose of zipped folders are.
I have discovered that I could unzip things easier because of some things I download being zipped and having to extract them.
I mostly just stick to simple things on the computer and keyboard related shortcuts that I use often.

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 03:35:44 )
@Arcius: wot where

@vladimir: vladdie noooo
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 14:11:29 )
Vladimir:

Oh good, nothing to worry about then. ;)
/Shares shrooms

@Vladimir: Hello there

*Accepts some shrooms*

Thank you for sharing them. How are you?
Current avatar: Emmett Khan, Master of the Golden Keyblade.

Do you play RuneScape?

My DeviantArt Gallery:
EmmettKhan.DeviantArt.com

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 14:24:21 )

Good morning for me, happy time zones for all.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 14:28:43 )

@Shadami: Well hello there. Glad to see you.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 14:30:06 )

Guess who's back
back again

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 14:30:35 )

You where already back girl XD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.