Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Glume's Collection of Irrational Fears

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 01:09:47 )
@Juneberry: I used to be a people fearing hermit as well. I'll take people over prolonged sun exposure any day.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 01:11:30 )
@Glume: I think it really depends on the people in my case. Like... some of my family, I can't stand. Some, i adore. Some strangers scare the crap out of me. Others? They become non-human in my eyes pretty quickly, and I don't mind their company at all. xD

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 01:18:36 )

Spiders are a phobia of mine, like..real phobia. So not sure if that counts.

Escalators and me have a love/hate relationship >> I think they are fun, but im also afraid of getting sucked up >>; its problematic lol.

Afraid of falling. I can't even stand on a chair without freaking out >>;

Mirrors. I've watched too many horror movies >> So..I avoid them.

"Monsters under the bed". My feet and hands always have to be on the inside of the bed, not dangling off >>; Something is gonna grab me from under there >>;

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 01:21:50 )
@Miss Kitty: I'm not big on the idea of falling either- I prefer not standing on chairs because I'm clumsy and yet I need a step stool to get my clothes out of the dryer and worry I'll fall off it. Heck, I'm always nervous when I sleep that I'm gonna roll out of bed (because I have, but...)

And phobias and fears are interrelated so they should fit. Also how do escalators suck you up? I think my anxiety with them is more related to falling... Because I'm always afraid I'm gonna fall back if I don't step on it *juuuust right* and then start rolling in an endless loop.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 01:24:01 )

@Juneberry: Same ;-; Short people problems lol.

And like...you know how the 'step' gets pulled in under the floor at the top? so that it can go back to the bottom. >> I'm afraid my pants or something gonna get stuck and its going to start, for lack of a better word....'eating' me and take me with it xD

|

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 01:42:05 )
@Miss Kitty: Yes exactly that! There are kids and adults who have died by escalator, I'm pretty sure.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 01:44:57 )
@Glume: There are!? That's... terrifying to think of. I've always preferred elevators anyway but it's not like they're a million times safer... >w<
@Miss Kitty: I hate that I pictured it remotely. xD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 03:31:56 )
Irrational fears...
*pulls up a chair*

I'm terrified of going to a place I've never been before alone. I will always take my husband to scope out the place the night before if I have to go somewhere new.

I'm scared of getting gas at a gas station. I can do it, but I panic every time.

I'm scared of waking up during the 3am hour and if I do, I can't go back to sleep until 3 has passed.

I didn't drive until I was 21 out of fear of failing the driving test. I'd been driving since age 13.

and I'm afraid that everyone is mad at me. *shrugs*

I am a completely functioning human. i promise.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:01:03 )
@Miss Kitty: I totally relate to the monsters under the bed thing. It still makes me uncomfortable as an adult. My appendages must be in my bed at all times XD

Clowns are okay, all the clowns I have met love kids and played games with me. They didn't just stand there silently but they talked and made jokes. As a kid though I think I was scared of them but I am not sure its kinda fuzzy atm.

Snakes are creepy, I have dreams where snakes are EVERYWHERE.

As a kid I used to be scared of toads and frogs. But I was forced to face my fears by myself or I wouldn't have lunch. Long story short, I dont fear them anymore.

I used to be incredibly scared of the dark as a kid, it was a debilitating fear. Like I couldn't move and would just freeze up with terror and cry. I was made to face that too and now its just a mild uneasiness.

I may fear eating liver. Its disgusting. I was also forced to eat it as a child and I would freak out when I saw it for lunch. I still haven't gotten over the intense hatred.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:03:31 )
@Mousy: I'm 26 and still don't have a license because I'm terrified to try. I'm normally okay with tests, but for some reason my GED and driving tests are too terrifying. >w< I'm also just really afraid of cars half the time though, so... not driving may relate to that. ;-; I'd be scared of getting gas at a gas station too honestly. But that's specifically out of state I would. I'm in one of the few states where pumping your own gas is illegal still. But... Not knowing how and being terrified of fire make the idea of pumping gas on your own terrifying.

Somehow I keep imagining the moment I try to pump gas some will leak and there will be a random lit match nearby magically causing an explosion >>

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:07:19 )
@Juneberry: Actually I am afraid of the gas causing an explosion when someone else pumps my gas so I prefer to do it myself or only let someone I trust. :vanora_xd:

Always ping me please.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:17:20 )
@Saeyra: I'm entertained that our reasons are the same yet the fear itself is inherently different. Then again, I'm a total klutz and have bad luck many times. Also I trip on my own feet and choke on my spit constantly.

Also guys, I remembered some more notable fears I have!

1. Crowds (I get lost in them so easily and I'm on the shorter side and also just... ew, people)
2. Needles (I'm getting better at getting my vaccinations and blood draws without needing to death grip my dad, but... good luck making me check my own blood sugar!)
3. Electrical sockets (Every time I see one spark, I have a small panic attack. I'm always nervous when I plug things in and out that it'll spark. So... I often don't bother unplugging things, oops)
4. Shocks (See above? Well, I have a notable fear of being shocked. That's only gotten worse since my heart procedure last year, which involved a lot of purposely shocking my heart xD)
5. Gas near the fireplace. Because again, explosions and gas and fire freak me out.

...I had another but I forgot it. Ugh.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:02:31 )
I recently realized that I'm not a fan of heights. When I'm on a balcony I sometimes feel like I'm being sucked down, I get this weird vision and I feel nauseous. Most of my nightmares involve falling, being inside collapsing buildings on a top floor, or other things that involve being high up. I never really made the connection before. >>;;

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:05:32 )
@Juneberry: hail, fellow melissophobe! :vanora_xd:

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:09:24 )
@onsenmark: Here's a funny story: I had to look up what that word meant. Thank you for teaching me a new piece of vocabulary!

@nyreen: What's weird to me is I have a similar issue but not with heights: like... I'm more afraid of being on the lower floor, or at the bottom of a cliff. I'm always scared the ceiling is going to collapse on me when I'm in bed, for example. And in the living room where I am now, but to be fair... The ceiling actually did break and had pieces fall in this room. But like, I mean... I'm afraid my neighbors will fall through their floor/my ceiling right on top of me with the ceiling and all. :'D

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:10:35 )
@Juneberry: Oh yeah, that's super scary too. * A* I also hate dolls.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:11:04 )
For those who don't know, tl; dr -- melissophobia is basically the fear of bees.

*insert "The More You Know" image here* :vanora_xd:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:17:15 )
@Elithiya: That's an interesting one... Does that include your own feet? I'm a bit curious. And yeah... No one should love tornadoes as much as some people do. They're dangerous. Like hail. xD

@nyreen: Some dolls freak me out too. Like those porcelain figurines you see in a stereotypical grandma's house? Somehow I still think they're haunted in the demonic possession sense. I'm not against demons or anything but... iunno. Those things freak me out. So do Japanese daruma and most Russian nesting dolls for some reason. They look creepy.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:18:15 )
@Juneberry: YEP, I feel that. But I love the really pretty Japanese dolls and I collect figurines. I hate wax figures too.
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:20:50 )
@nyreen: I love figurines, generally, but... I will always prefer stuffed animals and plush dolls because somehow, the softer they are the less intimidated I am.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.