Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout So light em up up up

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 21:03:32 )
Yeah, Disney probably won't do it.

Voltie — Vampire Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 21:57:30 )
@tuijp: Thank you! :)
Now to work on the second one! :)

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 22:05:36 )

Got home from my first day back in school. *sigh* So glad the semester is almost over.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 01:41:33 )
@Boss Rimi: You meant books in a series, right? I read a lot of trilogies and stuff, so I'm basically doomed no matter what. I do love stand alone novels too, just... Not a lot I can remember. But I like certain short ones in manga too, and one offs. There's some good ones out there. I'm the type who prefers a long time to read though xD One book I have that is a one-off isn't a fictional novel but I just got it today and am suuuuper excited to read it. It's a writing aid~ xD

@Len: I can't deal with chemicals myself most of the time. Aerosol like lysol and stuff? I choke if I'm near it. Like, I need to try not to breathe around the bathroom when dad's sprayed it from using the toilet. >> As for kidney disease... Well, my godfather has/had it and was on constant dialysis so I find it extra scary to think about. But also... I live on medication including a lot of caffeine (my migraine meds) and harder things that I doubt are good friends with my kidneys. It's good they caught yours when they did though huh? But still...I'd like it if it went away for you~ <3

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 01:49:28 )

@Juneberry: I only own one trilogy...well two. The Leviathan Trilogy and the umm...*clears throat* Anyway. Oh and I have the twilight series but that's about it. Reading the twilight series was a struggle but I read it over two summers. Two books each summer. They were good. I can't even lie. The books are always better than the movies though. A writing aid? Sounds interesting.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 01:56:25 )
@Boss Rimi: I...don't want to think about the Twilight series. I read one book (and barely finished it I think) in high school because my teacher recommended it while I had free time in English since I was done with stuff and she usually gave me good books to read. She was one of the rabid fangirl types and wouldn't stop pestering me for what team and whatnot I was on and I was like "for starters, I find the book really boring and mary sue filled" in my head. I didn't say it 'cause... again, she was my teacher. But still! ;-;

I've been reading the Sign of Seven trilogy by Nora Roberts over the past year. I have a guess at your clearing throat one but not sure I wanna. xD Not sure what the Leviathan Trilogy is, but curious 'cause I like the name.

The book I got today is the updated/revised version of one I already had from years ago, No Plot? No Problem!. It was written by the founder of National Novel Writing Month and is considered a "low stress, high velocity guide to writing a novel in 30 days."

Which I just totally wrote wrong as 30 games so... I wonder what that is?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 02:11:52 )

@juneberry: Yeah they were good but ehh...I would never read them again. *shudders*

I have one book by Nora Roberts. Forgot what it's called but I haven't read it yet. I only got it because the cover looked pretty. xD
You have a guess huh? Haha
The Leviathan Trilogy is a Steampunk twist to WW1 I think. or WW2. I can't remember.
I loved it though.

Huh, I've never heard of that before. But it sounds pretty cool. :B

Donator — Cactus Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 02:14:11 )

@Another Movie Addict: Dude, I just finished up on Season Three and my friend Rachael thinks that my reactions are hilarious. XD"
@vengeance: That's impressive, excessive but impressive. XP
@Tuijp: I wanna play with the dooooooooooooooooooggos. :D
Fade on Solia/Fadeykins on Sapherna
Please PING me so I'll see your response <3
Juggy is my mule~

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 02:21:59 )
@Boss Rimi: We have a ton of her books at home because my dad is obsessed with her In Death series that she writes under a pseudonym. I mean, I like it too, just... Not as much as he does by any means. I don't read it much because I'm bad with murder mystery stuffs. The Sign of Seven trilogy is kinda creepy in its own way though. It's a supernatural romance but honestly I find it more like a paranormal mystery/occult fiction. *hides remembering things*

Yes I have a guess. It embarrasses me to think about. So... you may be able to guess if I'm right. If not, I can either PM you my guess or just say it here and embarrass myself. As for the Leviathan Series... I have friends who love writing and reading about wars and steampunk so I may have to recommend that to them now. Thank you~

And the original was awesome and full of humor. Hopefully this one will still have it too. *checks if her favorite part is still there* I can't find the line but there's literally a section about the history of coffee explaining why it's helpful. Also a page dedicated to "how to get rid of your kids so you can write" xD

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 03:02:55 )

@juneberry: Aww that's nice though. Your dad is obsessed with her books, mine is obsessed with Stephen king books. lol
A supernatural Romance huh? Interesting. I don't think I've ever read a book with that aspect in it. Neat! :D

Hahah Does the female lead character's name start with an 'A'?
You can just pm me the guess though, it's all good. If it's wrong heck, I'll look into the series anyway. xD
Oh! Please do! *remembers something* There is also a trilogy about steampunk and zombies! One of the books is called Boneshaker...I think.
Not sure if you wanna tell them about that one. I haven't read it yet though.

A section about the history of coffee? xD What? Hahah That is wonderful.
Omg really? Hahahha I love that already!

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 03:19:35 )
@Boss Rimi: That's our dads though, not us. What are YOU obsessed with?

To be honest, I had to google to find out the main character's name 'cause i couldn't read the whole thing and it was ages ago and etc... But yes. Also there's a color in the other's name. How's that work? I mostly know it from cultural osmosis (what's embarrassing is I have the first book 'cause my dad saw it was big with women in the news and got it for me... xD)

I know others who'd like Boneshaker because zombie obsession. It's kind of funny actually to imagine it. Steampunk zombies... I barely get steampunk half the time, so for me, just trying to figure that out can be a difficult thing. Genres vary a lot nowadays though. Sometimes it's easier not to think abotu them xD

Yep! The line I was looking for had to do with coffee so I stared at that part for a bit instead. See, in the original... Coffee is a big deal at one point, but basically it was said that he'd probably be told you don't *need* coffee to write a novel, but he's not gonna agree with it that easily. But way funnier when he wrote it. I could totally just get the original out to find that but... Meh. I'm lazy right now.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 03:27:33 )

@juneberry: What am I obsessed with? BL Manga. *hides* Aaaand romance novels because my life is devoid of it.

*laughs* Yep, that's it. It was a gift I bought myself one day cause my sis said I'd like it. She umm..w-wasn't wrong? (Omg really? xD)
It was umm, really nice. I don't condone it but I got the 4th book named after the color and I enjoyed learning more about the color. Damn.

Yeah Steampunk is very confusing even for me who loves it. I don't understand it to a T if that makes sense. I just know it's all based on like mechanics and stuff which is pretty cool. (Anything that isn't 'normal' is pretty cool though. Sometimes.)

Lmao! That is pretty interesting, making a big deal about coffee. Never thought there would be a book that talks so seriously about a beverage.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 03:44:51 )
@Boss Rimi: Why the hiding? I like BL too. And GL. and L. And just manga. I mean... what? I like lots of stuff. You should recommend for me though sometime o3o

Wait wasn't the first book also with a color? Am I totally off here? But I mean, as long as you enjoy it, that's good. for me it was a bit much. I got too embarrassed. I was also just bad with anything dirty-ish minded at the time though, because I have anxiety with that stuff. I'm better now to some degree. Sorta. Maybe.

Yeah, I know the basics have to do with the steam engine and stuff... Does that count? But also I agree. Normal is overrated. Like super so.

I mean it's not that he makes a big deal about coffee the entire time, just for one small moment. Because honestly, a LOT of writers love coffee. I don't, really, but... I do love caffeine outside that. Like right now I'm drinking diet soda with tea (which I should probably finish and stop drinking since it's almost 11PM xD). And when I think of someone making a big deal about coffee, it'd be how it's made more than just the importance of it. But this new portion about the history also explains the science of why it can be helpful for writers, like it being an antidepressant, how it affects the brain and body in general, etc. And history can be fun. I'll stick to soda mostly though. I only like coffee if it's like 50% milk xD

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 04:08:32 )

@juneberry: The BL Manga I'm reading is called 'Awkward Silence' Book #6 is out now. Still need to buy it. *is determined*

Well it had the color in the title but the 4th book is just called 'Color' and it's the first book through color's eyes. You learn more about color in that book which I loved. I felt filthy the entire time because I honestly didn't think I'd like it? Umm...but yeahh... I dunno. I still don't like the main subject but I do love color. Despite what anyone might think, if they read the fourth book they might understand why color is the way color is.

That counts, yeah. If you know the basics you should have no problem enjoying the books. Hahah Oh and yes, super so!

Lmao! Caffeine is lovely. I don't like coffee either but I am actually drinking a pepsi zero right now. I should just finish my water though. Omg yes! I will only drink coffee if I'm super cold and only if I add milk to it. Though...I do enjoy Starbucks from time to time buuut I don't drink it as often as I used to. Well that sounds pretty neat. Learning about things is always fun. :3

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 11:18:25 )

@Fade: come over and you can play with them

Voltie — Vampire Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 13:01:19 )
@juneberry: Oh yeah. Not so much of lysol, but the other chemicals I tend to stay away from such as bleach. Yeah, those are definitely not the kidneys best friends. And aww...I feel you grampa!
Thankfully I did not have to go through dialysis though. And I hope it goes away for me too! <3
My Profile Shoppe! Come Check it Out!

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 13:33:22 )

I have to go to the hospital again tomorrow (way too early in the morning), but *sings* I don't wanna go

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 14:20:27 )
It's so early to be awake.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 14:26:31 )

What time is it for you?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 14:30:01 )
9:30am, lol it's not really that early for me but it feels like it.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.