Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Events The Alchemist's Lair - an event hangout

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/2 18:19:05 )
@FUZZY: I certainly agree, infinitely better. Usually made out of better materials than store-bought ones too. I hate how cheap and flimsy premade costumes are =(
For a couple of years I tried just doing costumes out of clothes I already had - I had a skeleton ribcage tshirt and skeleton leggings, I wore neon green fishnets over the skelly leggings and I have a fleece cat hat with neon green ears and it has loooooong ear warmers that have paws on the end. I wish we'd made it longer like my red one that I can actually wrap around as a scarf

I think I did a witch costume with my own clothes one year, but I don't remember what top I wore with the black skirt I used....I also have no idea whatever happened to that black skirt...

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/2 23:41:07 )
@Alchemists Fire: so the skirt went missing, maybe a friend has it? those costumes all look awesome. Yeah I know what you mean some cant keep kids warm

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/3 03:51:14 )
@Fuzzy: I mean this was like 20 years ago haha, who knows where that skirt is now xD
Usually I'm not too worried about being cold on Halloween, this is an odd year for how cold October has been. I'm more concerned with things being see-through - I am not build like our avatars xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/3 15:51:38 )
@Alchemists Fire: its been a strange end of the year it is to be in the 50's-60's this week into next week. Ooh I get what you mean on the skirt now.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 01:16:24 )
@Alchemists Fire: we had the filter taken out with the tankless because it was making it hard to wash off the soap :/ it's never been that chlorinated so I didn't think it would be an issue. No more than I was used to anyway. But it was. Fortunately we still had the filter so he came back today to reinstall it. It'll take longer to wash stuff off but at least it won't smell like a public pool, something I can't stand x.x there's a reason I don't swim lol If I ever had a pool I'd make it wither salt water or bromine that doesn't smell.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 06:06:32 )
@FUZZY: A strange year indeed, the weather just seems all kinds of messed up. I still don't like how September was warm and then all of a sudden October was freeeeeeeezing...it's not winter yet D:
Yeah, that costume was a looong, looong time ago xD It's also possible the skirt got too small and I donated it, or I could've lent it to a friend and not gotten it back, whoooooo knows.

@Ruby: Ohhhh, okay. My bad, I thought the filter was still a current thing, that makes sense though. Are things any better with the filter in place now?
Aww, I love swimming, but I guess the smell doesn't bug me as bad maybe?
I hope things get better hun ♥

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 06:23:38 )

Lair sweet lair!

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 07:40:01 )

@FUZZY: Your avi is freeeeesh.. Wooow. 🔥🔥🔥

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 07:58:52 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Ana! Welcome back!!
This also reminds me that I'll have to create a Lair hangout in the regular hangouts for when we're in between events xD
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 18:12:01 )
@Alchemists Fire: The chlorine smell is gone so thank god for that! The water has a slight smell to it, but it didn't before with the worse tankless heater. But it'll hopefully get better as more water runs thru it. It's better than chlorine that's for sure lol And not a single toxic fume! xD

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 18:13:39 )
Anarchist Beauty:

Lair sweet lair!

I really need to cross stitch this xD

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 18:16:57 )

@Alchemists Fire: Yes! Always gotta make with the perma threads. lol
        I need to get to Camp Half-Blood and revive it next.

@Ruby: Eyyy! No toxic fumes! That's good!
        I hope things will get better for you now because holy craaaap, that mess was a mess.

It would make a nice cross stitch. lol

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 18:21:52 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I know I just want things to be normal again

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 18:26:17 )

@Ruby: Fingers crossed extra hard for you, lady.
        You don't need that kind of bullshit.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 18:29:14 )
@Anarchist Beauty:

I've got other stuff to do I don't need more house issues

How are you?

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 18:32:39 )

@Ruby: I'm alright.
        Getting myself prepared for an appointment I have to talk to a surgeon Monday morning about this weird lump on my side.
        I had an appointment for December 4th but they called me on Halloween like "we have an opening with a different doctor on Nov 6th, do you want it?" and I pounced on it. lol
        I'm just hoping something can be done bc it causes me pain and bothers me so much. 😩

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 19:20:13 )
@Alchemists Fire: I think we are going to have either a warm winter, or a freezing one.

@Anarchist Beauty: thank you, lol. it is so good to see you back online.

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 19:24:08 )

@FUZZY: It's kinda nice to be back online. lol
        I've been lurking around and still making avis but posting just didn't feel right.
        Right now though, after all the dramatics of the last couple of weeks, I felt like 'well, I'll either help revive the site, or give it a nice farewell' so I'm back. 😁

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 19:38:59 )
@Anarchist Beauty: it is nice that you are back, I've missed your banners and things in bottles, Ooooh I know whatyou mean on the posting I was mia for the longest of a time but I missed a friend, and this friend knows that this is why I came back.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/11/4 19:48:52 )

@FUZZY: Drama certainly brings people back like flies to poop. lmao

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.