Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Events The Alchemist's Lair - an event hangout

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 20:28:00 )

Hi Voltie friends! I wanted to make a casual place to chat and earn candy for Reaping Ritual!

What are your favourite things about Halloween? Any favourite horror movies or shows? What's your favourite Halloween candy or other treat?
And because I'm a Pokemon-lover: What's your favourite
Ghost-type Pokemon? =D

I love Halloween so much, it's my favourite holiday ♥

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 21:00:15 )
Happy to see another event hangout thread pop up!

I absoultly adore the Halloweentown film series.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 21:20:46 )
@Vozzy: Hi Vozzy, thanks for stopping by ^^

Ooh, I don't know if I've seen Halloweentown yet. I just recently watched the 3-part Fear Street series with my fiancé, it was pretty good!

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 21:23:28 )
My favorite thing about Halloween is everyone's creativity when it comes to costumes, seeing what people love enough to wear/cosplay. <3
Little kids letting their little alter-egos out. I love it.
candy... mmmm... I love candy so I can't pick one. XDD
... but tootsie rolls. <.<

@Vozzy: I recently found out that I live near where they filmed Halloweentown. They do a big Halloween bash every year!

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 21:25:13 )
@Alchemists Fire: I just watched part 1 ! <3
I'm... disappointed with Netflix's version of the book. BUT it is good! I'm just a big fan of the book series, they were my go-to read when I was growing up.
My little paperbacks are so worn. XD <3

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/26 22:32:25 )
@Koah: Hello hello!
I also love the creativity around Halloween costumes, the homemade ones are the best!
Ahaha watching little kids be all mischievous on Halloween is so cute. Makes me wish trick-or-treating was more acceptable for teens and 20-somethings T_T

Oooh, Tootsie rolls are one of my faves too! I also love Mars bars (I think the closest thing in the US is Milky Way bars?)

I didn't know Fear Street was a book series, and now I kinda wanna read it! I enjoyed the movies, especially the 2nd and 3rd

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 03:29:14 )
@Koah: that is so cool! Have you been?

@Alchemists Fire: well, I have not seen fear street, so I may have go check that out!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 04:16:16 )
@Alchemists Fire: Gengar is one of my favorite ghost pokemon.
As for a movie there is way to many I'll list a few - Dracula 1931, The Addams Family 1991 and 1993, Hocus Pocus from 1993.

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 04:24:34 )
@Alchemists Fire: R.L. Stone is the author of Fear Street. He wrote Goosebumps as well.
If you want to read Fear Street, look for the fear street origin stories because the man has written many, many books. Lol they're small books. :) meant to be YA. (Easy reads)
Oh! I haven't seen a Mars bar in forever! Wow. I actually remember what they taste like. It's been a long time. o3o

@Vozzy: no. Hopefully next year for halloween. :) this year, money is tight and I'd like to go with a spending purse. Hehe. Get the full experience.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 20:42:11 )
@Vozzy: They're on Netflix! I'd love to know what you think if you watch them =)

@FUZZY: Gengar is wonderful! I love the whole Gastly line. I think I prefer Gigantamax Gengar over Mega Gengar though, it's like a spooky fun house ride xD

Ooh, I also love Dracula 1931! I liked the 1992 one as well (with Gary Oldman and Keanu Reeves) as well. Hocus Pocus was fun, I just saw it for the first time a couple of years ago. I still need to watch the sequel that came out last year
I sadly haven't seen the Addams Family movies yet, but I did recently watch the Netflix "Wednesday" series and LOVED that. My Addams Family is "The New Addams Family" from the 90s tv show.

@Koah: Ohh yeah, I recognize R. L. Stine. I didn't read Goosebumps as a kid, but I'm kinda tempted to try now xD I still love YA noves, and I don't care what anyone says xD

Mars bars are soo good, chocolate, nougat, and caramel (I would assume it's like a Snickers without the peanuts? I don't actually know as I'm allergic to peanuts xD)

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 21:05:16 )
@Alchemists Fire: I read a lot of Goosebumps as a kid. lol, they can be so ridiculous. I definitely leaned towards Fear Street though because it wasn't as.. uhm, wild? lol XD idk.
I do hope you read them. :3 I'm probably going to watch Part 2 tonight.
My husband and I have been watching Ghosts, and we're caught up now. We need to move on until there's a new episode. T^T

We have something similar to a Mars bar, but I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.. it's a Hershey product.
3 musketeers!!! same thing as a mars bars.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 22:04:41 )
@Koah: I googled 3 Musketeers - close, but it doesn't have the caramel =)

I'll definitely have to give some Goosebumps and the Fear Street novels a try. I think I maybe own one Goosebumps book - it was a choose your own adventure with a bat on the front

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 23:11:08 )
I didn't know that there was a Gigantamax Gengar, I honestly had to go look it up. It does look like a spooky fun house lol. I haven't been able to see the new hocus pocus yet, or Wednesday. But I have seen trailers for both.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/27 23:17:37 )

Gigantamax Gengar is silly and amazing and I love it.

The shiny is awesome as well, but I can't find a good image of it =(

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/29 21:40:24 )
@Ruby: I miss youuu, come chat for candy? ♥

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/29 22:48:50 )
I loved R.L. Stein and the Goosebumps books as a kid... I also loved to read Stephen King and Clive Barker in middle school as well. Lately I've been getting into Neil Gaiman, I'm getting a list of his books together that I want to read and I'm either gonna rent them online library or slowly buy them.(I can't do regular books anymore... only ebooks or large print books.)

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/29 22:53:05 )
@macsen191: I'm just kinda getting into Neil Gaiman. I loved Stardust, which I think was based on a story of his. My fiancé and I watched the Sandman series on Netflix which was pretty good. I also need to re-watch the first season of Good Omens and then watch the 2nd season - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, abosolute perfection

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/29 23:59:50 )
@Koah:
@Alchemists Fire:

The candy you’re looking for is a milky way xD

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/30 00:00:43 )
Alchemists Fire:
@Ruby: I miss youuu, come chat for candy? ♥

Sorry for being MIA <3 love your avi :3

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/30 03:57:16 )
@Ruby: That's what I said in my first post when I mentioned it lololol
Another one of those silly US/Canada things is I think you guys say "candy bar" and we say "chocolate bar", but that could just be regional

Also thanks hun, I'm glad you like it ♥
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.