Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 04:26:10 )

@Tink: What else did you want to major in?
Maybe an advisor could help you. It's totally not too late. With an AA pretty much all the classes transfer cause they are the basic classes everyone needs. So you probably aren't loosing out on anything. Like I said before, I'm just a rando on the internet, I'm not telling you to do anything, but I would love to help if I could.

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 05:13:41 )
@Totalanimefan: I was going to major in elementary education because I always wanted to teach kindergarten, but it's fine if I don't I guess. It's not that realistic because it is a low paying thing anyways.

@AlexiAkira: Lmfao I have no idea what we were talking about.

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 05:37:02 )
@AlexiAkira: Lmfaoooo it's not a bad thing!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 14:18:24 )

@Tink: oh I see. Being a teacher in the US is rough right now. There was a time I thought I would be a teacher too but I’m glad I didn’t. Parents are crazy lol.
But you should do what interests you. :)

Donator — she/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 15:31:13 )

Hello! I don't mean to butt in, but I agree with Total. If you're not happy and have no interest or passion in this field, it'd probably be better for you to pursue what you want. You have one life to live and time is so precious, it's best not to waste it doing something you might find yourself hating. Something else to consider is once you're in the field how will you manage to help others if you're not passionate about what you're doing to help them? You might find yourself regretting not pursuing education and I fear that's a void you will find yourself continuously trying to fill. This is a truth I had to confront last year (at age 28) and confronting it changed my life for the better. My degree is in animation, but after graduating I tried to pursue the dental field because it seemed more appealing to those around me (and because of the money). Deep down I hated it and was unhappy, but after speaking with a therapist and an advisor they both suggested I reconsider pursuing art. Getting back into art and rehashing my goals has been a work in progress, but I'm the happiest I've been in all of my 20s. Whether art makes me money or not, I wouldn't trade this for anything because I felt lost trying to pursue something that wasn't for me. Fortunately, my pursuits of dental assisting and getting into dental hygiene school failed, and after all of that effort I've only managed to land a job as a dental receptionist, but that's okay. I'm able to get by decently while working on my passion on the side (I also see the failure as a sign that I was meant for something else).

I'm just another stranger on the internet and I can't tell you what to do, but if you're not happy I really hope someday you'll reconsider doing what you truly want. I say this not only from experience, but also from a genuine place. In my opinion, your happiness matters more than pursuing something your family wants you to. Because when you're at work loathing your job, that's something you'll have to sit with, not them.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 16:11:39 )

@Ark: I saw that you had posted here from the main forum page and I thought, oh someone I can chat with. I had no idea it would be such a great post. Obvs I'm not Tink but I do agree with what you said. Life is hard, and it feels impossible when you don't feel fulfilled at all. Changing the path you are on is really hard to do, but you did it! I'm glad that things are feeling a bit better for you now.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 19:26:26 )

@totalanimefan: I saw the forum on the main page and got carried away reading the conversation. I'm sorry to butt in like this, but something inside told me to chime in. ^^;

I'm glad things are better now, too. I found myself falling into a very dark place, which is why I sought therapy.

All of that aside, I hope everything is going well for everyone! Happy Friday! ^^

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/29 23:09:34 )
Hey @Tink: how are you? I was being slightly nosey. You can have any degree to be an Elementary Educator. You will most likely need to get an Education Certificate at the same time or after getting your degree. My middle sister just got hired by LAUSD this past Summer and she majored in Environmental Science. I think, if you have a Math or Science related degree, you might get hired faster. Also, LAUSD is paying for my sister to get her Education Certificate if she works with them for a certain amount of years.
My father was pissed off when I majored in Art (Graphic Design). He was pissed with me for 2yrs, since he wanted me to major in Math. Also, my father is a foreigner so, he had a different POV about college. I can write about the clashing of cultures of having a Foreign father and an American mother. When he saw how serious I was with my Art major he finally decided to support me.

Since, I was sort of in a similar situation as you, when I went to college, be ready for your family to not support in your decision of your major. It will f*cking hurt and you need to decide if your ALL IN when you make that decision

I'll be slow to respond for this week

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/30 01:24:52 )

@Ark: I don’t think you are butting in. I’m glad that you decided to talk to us. ^^

Happy Friday. I’m trying to relax tonight.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/30 01:26:09 )

Tink. I hope you don’t mind us all sharing how we feel when we only know about you what you shared with us. We just care about you even if we are only on the internet.

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/30 02:33:23 )
I love how everyone popped in to point out that fact.

@Qiqi Agatha: Oh what? Any degree at all?

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/30 03:15:09 )
That is what my sister said @Tink: . I also, found an article that said that here and here. I hope this helps

I'll be slow to respond for this week
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/30 04:54:27 )

@Tink: that was pretty funny. I guess there are a lot more lurkers than you think at one time lol. I’m always someone who is posting on Voltra.

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/30 14:14:55 )
I lurk and post, all depends on my mood I am in.

Donator — Queen Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 20:29:22 )
@Totalanimefan: I feeel like lurking is a thing anywhere tho. xD

@macsen191: I totes get that lol!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 22:54:43 )

@Tink: This is true. Esp during an event. And we were talking about something interesting too. How are you today? I'm having a relaxing Sunday.

Voltie Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 02:56:08 )
    Relaxing Sundays are so nice.

I just finished making a batch of cookies. I still can't seem to make a batch that I like; it's always the taste or the texture that seems a bit off for me.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 05:06:13 )

@blue: I will taste test them for you lol.
Maybe look up common cookie baking mistakes or best cookie techniques?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.