Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/23 05:16:22 )
Totalanimefan:

@Qiqi Agatha: How was it having family in town?
The wildfire smoke was awful. I hope it doesn't come back for me.

@SorrowTheMad: Stressed. The wildfire smoke was really bad here this weekend. Made even the indoor air quality awful and we had to stay inside for days.

It was nice. I have another family member in town right now

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/23 12:53:02 )
@Q t e a p o n: Yeah, i'm not sure. When i asked they basically said they couldn't do anything about it, but i think i was making more money then. Either way, i don't mind paying the fees since it will go to support the library anyways, but i just gotta make sure it doesn't mess me up with my other bills first.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, there's one that's not too far from my home that runs like every wednesday, so i've been going to that every week so my mom doesn't have to help quite so much, but they only have nonperishables usually. When i lived in idaho and was between jobs i went to food banks often and there were a lot. One even had frozen meat and milk and eggs and cheese too. and you got a lot from them too. It was easier for me to be broke in idaho lol

@DreamerZ: Awe. Well i'm trying to be around a little more. And remember you can always message me on discord and tell me to get my butt on here lol

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/23 19:07:56 )

@DreamerZ: I also got a lot of rain here too. Raining pretty much all this week and it's also going to rain tomorrow.

@Justice: Packing is so hard mentally and physically. Don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe just do one box each day or something like that, or have a friend help you. That's what I did for packing my kitchen. I hate doing that part for some reason.

@Q t e a p o n: Yeah they were lying about the house and didn't tell us the problems that it had. And the housing market was crazy at the end of 2020/start of 2021 so we didn't really have it in the contract that we could get them on the hook for things they didn't tell us about. It needed new windows and a new foundation. Those were very expensive.

@Qiqi Agatha: That sounds really busy. I hope you are having fun. ^^

@Alorrena: Yeah Florida isn't cheap and the cost of food as gone up so much at the store! It's killer when I go to the store now. XD

Voltie — Z/They Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/24 00:14:36 )
@Alorrena: i tried messaging ya n discord silly lol
@Totalanimefan: you too?. i think today was 1 of few days that didn't

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/24 01:49:43 )

@DreamerZ: For the whole year we are really short on rain, but this week it decided to just rain the whole time lol

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/24 03:39:13 )

@Totalanimefan:
yeah trying ugh so hard cause i have a lot of stuff
too much stuff so im downsizing as i go along
i've wanted a friend to "help" or at least be there
while i do it (body-doubling) but haven't really
been able to find anyone able to come ~
;c

but trying to at least do something everyday
and hopefully have some days i can do a lot more

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/24 04:53:31 )
@DreamerZ: i messaged you lol

@Q t e a p o n: yeah that's true. i didn't care enough to escalate it though, Fortunately, since i did return the books, they haven't added any fees. and it's been a while.

@Totalanimefan: oh my gosh no kidding. I used to be able to get a month's worth of groceries with $100 for me and Tyi, but now it's like my mom's spending 100-150 a week for us. (we also are eating a bit healthier, which doesn't help the cost, unfortunately)

It's also been raining here all week. Actually i woke up today because of a thunderstorm this morning. Super loud crack of thunder around like 6:45 woke me up. Like, the windows and walls rattled. I already dislike thunder, but loud ones like that make me extra anxious, so i wasn't able to go back to sleep.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/24 09:15:28 )
@Totalanimefan: nature making it up
@Alorrena: and it was a pleasure seeing ya again

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/24 20:01:22 )
@Totalanimefan: 0mg, yes! I have been busy but I'm glad that I get to see family, who are still present

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/26 20:34:33 )

@Justice: Yeah that is really hard! I hope there is a local donation center you can take your extra stuff too. I just got some space bags today so I'm going to start with packing my winter clothes when I get off work.
Don't beat yourself up if you don't do that much in a day, but I find what helps me is thinking about the 'other side' on the other side of this move I'll be in my new place and I won't have to pack anymore and it will be exciting!

@Alorrena: Healthy is good in the long run though but I totally feel you. I used to be able to go two weeks on $100 and now it's like I can't even buy a weeks worth of food for under $100. And now my sister has moved in and there is another person here to feed. Luckily my husband and I are both working and we both have good jobs. We are moving in July so that will be expensive but I think we will really like our new place.
Sorry about the bad storm! It's totally the time of year for that now. We are supposed to get a bad storm in a few hours here. We will be ok though.

@DreamerZ: lol always right? How are you doing today?

@Qiqi Agatha: That's great! I know that a lot of us now are seeing people we haven't seen in years. It's a nice feeling. I'm moving in July and then a few days later I'm having company over.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/27 06:22:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, I'm grateful to see these family members who are here now with me. I lost a few family including a friend during the pandemic. So, now I'm trying to see everyone like crazy, despite my health issues.

Are you moving to a new place or a new State? Good luck with your move

Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/27 18:01:36 )
@DreamerZ: you too!!!

@Totalanimefan: yeah, i can't imagine having another mouth to feed with the cost of groceries right now. I didn't realize you were moving again! Hopefully the move goes well! The storm was jarring to wake up to, but mostly because of how loud it was. I don't really like thunderstorms as they cause me anxiety, but it's fine. It definitely is storm season. I'm hoping it's not as bad as last year though. I kind of want to convince my husband to move elsewhere, but he's hesitant because all his friends are here as well as most of his immediate family, with the exception of one of his brothers (my favorite one lol) and his 2 kids. And I know he won't move to where that brother lives, because he doesn't like the area. Also i think that brother will be moving back as soon as he can.

@Q t e a p o n: I could, but unfortunately the closest branch is a little to far to ride my bike to, and i don't have a car anymore, so that's out. Once i pay off the fines i'll be able to use the online resources again at least, and a good selection of the books i'm into are available through the library online, too.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/27 21:11:50 )

@Q t e a p o n: I agree. I don't know how those people sleep at night. And the neighbors were all crazy too (but not liars like them). We just had to get out.

@Qiqi Agatha: I'm sorry for your loss. We all lost people during this awful time. :(
I'm just moving about 2 miles down the road. Nothing too serious this time. XD

@Alorrena: Were I'm renting now was just supposed to be a temp thing. It was only supposed to be for 6 months but the condo was delayed by almost a year. I might be away a lot during July cause of the move. Yeah that stuff costs so much and also when I eat out I'm like how much is this? Damn lol
Where would you move to instead? Aren't you guys staying in his grandpa's house or maybe just like close to it cause of his family? I don't remember what you told me when you moved there last year.

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/27 21:43:56 )

@Totalanimefan:
yeah ive been donating a lot
and bringing it to a donation place
or putting it on local freecycle groups

and yeah im actually kind of excited
about unpacking and decorating and
such just gotta get through the actual
packing and move first ugh
>~<

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/27 21:50:30 )

@Justice: It's a hard mental thing to overcome but I know you can do it!

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/27 22:08:10 )

@Totalanimefan:
tysm~
i've moved probably
at least 20 times in my
life so not sure why this
time it's so much more
difficult arg~
u.u

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/28 02:08:19 )

@Justice: maybe cause you are so over it lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/28 04:28:07 )

@Totalanimefan:
true lmao.
tho i've had a good
6 or so years in this
current place, but also
hate where i am atm
and never wanted to
live here to begin with lol

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/28 12:18:17 )
@Totalanimefan: I definitely wouldn't mind a link to it if you don't mind sending it :) Yeah the air has been bad here, we've been getting rain on and off but mostly off. Like Sunday it was supposed to rain and thunder all day but it didn't start until 9 PM. Yikes, it's rough here. How are you?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/29 00:58:17 )
@Totalanimefan: oh that's right! For some reason i thought you had already moved into the condo. so it's finished finally then?
Yeah, we're still at Tyi's mom's, but it's literally the next street over, and we moved here to be closer to his grandparents because gram has dementia and we moved so we can help out if need be. She was supposed to move in with the grandparents, but hasn't yet, which is bad cause it's super frustrating living in someone else's home, but good since she covers half the bills, which is nice.. Ideally we'd move to a state that has all 4 seasons, cause that would be really nice for me. I really miss cold winters, haha. But I think we'd probably end up moving to like California or something because he lived there before and has a couple friends there. Realistically i doubt we'll actually end up moving out of florida, though. I think he's too attached.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.