Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/6 13:40:05 )
@Totalanimefan: Not too sure, based on the years previous, it could be mid-April to early May. T_T

@Koah: That sounds like you had a great time, which celebrities did you end up meeting? <3

@Wildfire: Yea, I am glad they're being more open about what is brought in as long as it's to help you. No refill stations lead to refilling in the bathroom which always gets weird looks. T_T Overpriced snacks are the worst as well, no, I don't want to spend money on a small bag of pretzels when I could be supporting an artist.

Shedding pets with seasons changing is always the worst! T_T Maybe ask the guys if they would be willing to take on a chore and swap around who does what? That is what my other half and I do, if I don't want to clean the bathroom, I know my other half will. As for my flexible work schedule, it makes life harder at times and need to be firmer in getting stuff done. xD

For my friend's birthday, I plan on surprising her with some cupcakes (thinking strawberry as it is her favourite fruit). We usually just hang around her place or she comes over, she is new here and enjoys small hangouts where we can just enjoy tea and something sweet. n_n

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/6 16:40:32 )

@Lotus: Spring is just around the corner and then you can go out and enjoy the beautiful weather. ^^

@Wildfire: Probably lol. I think that's the biggest con in all of Florida? I don't know how many people go now. ^^;
We are having FL temps up here. It was 87F here yesterday and the high today will be 86 before an afternoon thunderstorm comes by.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/6 21:33:05 )
@Lotus: Yeah... and there's just something a tad off about refilling your water bottle in the public bathroom too (eww)

Yeah, my guys are pretty good about helping out... but I have to ask them - they don't seem to notice or care on their own, and frankly, I'm tired of being their babysitter.

@Totalanimefan: Holy crap that's hot for that region at this time of year! Yikes! XD

... yeah, it's a big Con.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/7 14:25:41 )

@Wildfire: Yes it is. I was mad that I had to turn on the AC but it got up to 81 in the house. That's too warm even for me. Today it's back down to a high of 61 so I turned the AC off.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/9 00:55:25 )
@Wildfire: I fell behind on Easter planning. XDD
Last minute I found an egg hunt today and tomorrow, I think I might take my kiddos to church which is something I haven't done since they were toddlers.
I think I'll put together a quick egg scavenger hunt tomorrow as well and I didn't plan anything for dinner. XD so who knows, maybe we'll do ramen or cereal. lol! or mac n cheese. Cx

@Lotus: I haven't been to a con in... 8 years. lol. XD But I had met Karen Gillen, I was a whovian at the time and a couple other celebrities that I used to be a nerd for. One of the TAP Ghost Hunters guys and Mr. Fantastic from Fantastic 4, Ian Gruffudd.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/9 14:30:48 )

Good morning and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 14:37:27 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL - sometimes, you just gotta turn on the AC! I'm glad it seems to have been only a temporary temperature spike, though - it's really too early for those temps in your current area :3

@Koah: I can't tell you how many of those "oops - that holiday snuck up fast! What the heck am I gonna do?" moments I've had over the years! XD What did you end up doing with the kiddos? ... about dinner?

@CooperationIsKey: Good morning, Key... a day late. Did you celebrate? How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 14:39:58 )
So... I've been busy cleaning up the house (which needed some attention - especially after my being gone last weekend) and shopping/prepping for dinner. I hosted. It was very mellow but nice. I managed to not completely knock myself out doing food for once. I made a ham, green beans with bacon (by request), mashed potatoes (also by request), and some sauteed corn with bell peppers. I had a beet, goat cheese/feta (choice) and mixed greens salad ready to go that never got brought out. We had carrot cake for dessert and appetizers consisted of mini-quiches (courtesy of Costco XD), devilled eggs, doughnuts that my stepson brought, and crackers & cheese. I think that's it, food-wise. It was just five of us: me, hubby, my eldest, my stepson, and my mom. My youngest called in between helping to birth baby cows. XD

... but I'm tired ... and sore, for some reason - which I'm not liking, tbh.

How are you guys doing?

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 19:08:35 )

@Wildfire: Hello! I'm good, mostly. Easter was really nice; went to my stepmom's and hung out with the family for a few hours. Ate good food. :)

Today was a bit more excitement than I bargained for though; I decided to tag along with roomie to run errands today because I wanted to get out of the house, and while we were headed to the feed store, we got rear-ended. Turned out to be a four-car pile-up and the two cars in the middle are totaled. Everyone was okay, a little sore but nothing serious, fortunately. And roomie's car has only some damage to the bumper.

So it was an interesting day by noon!

Sounds like your Easter was nice! Lowkey holidays can be quite nice as well; I discovered that the first time I had a Christmas to myself lmao.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 22:19:12 )
@Wildfire: we ended up finding a church doing a potluck after service. So yay- free food.
And then I got home and put together a scavenger hunt and game.
Once that was over, my mom had swedish meatballs and rice ready for everyone. :)
How was your Easter weekend?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/11 00:18:03 )

@Wildfire: It was, but we are also having it again this week on Wed-Fri! It's going to be in the 80's again. Really weird.
Your Easter sounds like it was good. I had mostly the same things for dinner but peas instead of green beans.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 14:52:54 )
@CooperationIsKey: I'm glad you had a good Easter, but so sorry to hear about the car accident!!! Yikes! Are you two still feeling ok afterwards?

@Koah: lol! - that's one way to do it! XD <3 It sounds like your holiday went well. I'm glad! :3

@Totalanimefan: That is rather unusual weather! It's not completely unheard of, but definitely on the weird side of things :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 15:07:14 )
Other than dealing with the physical "blah" after-effects of too much food... with too much salt (ham, bacon) and too much fat (bacon, brie cheese, cake)... and too much wheat (donuts, crackers, cake)... my weekend was fine, thanks. Between the food "Jabba the Hutt" feeling and not enough real sleep, I spent yesterday playing video games just because I couldn't quite get myself to move off the couch. XD (yeah, definitely feeling sluggish!)

Today, I'm not sure what I want to do yet - I'm waiting for the coffee to kick in, tbh. It looks like it's overcast outside -which we desperately need- but that will kind of nix the idea of going someplace outside. And, at least right now, I don't feel like driving or dealing with people on that level.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 16:08:36 )

@Wildfire: Dayuummm sounds like you had a feast! :o

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 16:36:23 )
@Purpsy: lol... I suppose. It wasn't like I usually cook for holidays. This was pretty simple, actually. But it was yummy :3

How are you?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 17:06:18 )

@Wildfire: I see :3 I've had feasted a lot of food as well! Mostly because two of the people here went to some parties last week and brought home a shit ton of leftovers lel

Well at the moment I'm laying down my bed already and have no plans on getting up anytime soon. Prob gonna play some casual games on my phone. How about you?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 19:03:16 )
@Purpsy: Today, I am just chilling out, and have plans for dinner out tonight. I kinda feel like being outside, but it's overcast and I don't feel like driving, or dealing with people iRL, tbh... so it's turning in to a video game kind of day.

... I just realized how my last post sounded... I DO usually cook for the holidays, but I usually cook much more food, and much more complicated/detailed things than what I put on the table for Easter Sunday...

Unfortunately, I think the ham has been giving me headaches for some reason :(

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 23:43:49 )

@Wildfire: Lel I think simple dinners are alright during holidays as long your spending it with family ^^
You didn't word it wrong... I think ouo;

Is honestly warming up really fast here this week and is curing my seasonal depression real fast. Is nice to see the sun shining again *sniffs*
Oh no, did you take meds for it? I never knew ham can cause such headaches.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/13 05:27:00 )

@Wildfire: Well I seem to be okay, but, probably owing to previous injuries from a previous wreck, as well as that she turned her head right as we were struck a second time (we got hit twice), roommate is dealing with some possible whiplash and has been directed to go to the ER in the morning to get checked out. Hopefully it's nothing serious!
Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/13 16:24:48 )
@Purpsy: It's probably a preservative or something else along those lines in the ham that's giving me the slight headache. It's not severe enough to warrant taking medication. Thanks, though. And yes, there's nothing wrong with a simple, straight-forward meal for the holidays... or for the family, regardless of holidays or regular days! :3

I'm happy to hear that the sunshine is peeking out up there and that it's helping you deal with the seasonal depression. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.