Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat December Discussion

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 12:09:49 )
Totalanimefan:

@Mischief: I'm kinda surprised that the travel lobby hasn't forced the other indistries to change cause the would make way more money with people traveling more. I feel like whenever there is a 3 day weekend people go crazy for it and plan a trip. [/color][/size][/font]

Would be nice, unfortunately normally I work 6 days a week and only get one day off.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 17:33:06 )

@Mischief: Oh my gosh that's so much. Just for one job or do you have two?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/17 10:44:57 )
@Totalanimefan:
Totalanimefan:

@Mischief: Oh my gosh that's so much. Just for one job or do you have two?

Just one atm, use to do 3 jobs at once at one time.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/18 17:30:56 )

@Mischief: I did that in college. Never again lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/18 20:23:30 )
@Totalanimefan:
Was depression, money was alright but was always tired.
Pretty much work and bed, it's not a way to live.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/19 01:57:19 )

@Mischief: Agreed. It's not a way to live at all. It was awful when I had 3 jobs. They were all part time. I wish I could have just had one with more hours. But it was 2009-2011 so of course I didn't have a lot of hours.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/19 16:47:53 )
Happy days are finally here with 6 days left until Christmas! How is everyone?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/19 20:36:27 )
    Guhh, I couldn't imagine having to work three jobs at once. Just one full time with some side project obligations were enough for me. //holds up her hands in defense

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 11:43:57 )
Totalanimefan:

@Mischief: Agreed. It's not a way to live at all. It was awful when I had 3 jobs. They were all part time. I wish I could have just had one with more hours. But it was 2009-2011 so of course I didn't have a lot of hours.

Yeah, can be really hard getting a full time job, they're so few, and when one turns up so many people apply.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 15:14:03 )

@Mischief: I totally agree and the pay is always shit.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 21:46:15 )
Totalanimefan:

@Mischief: I totally agree and the pay is always shit.

Needs to be more opportunities for people out there.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 18:24:12 )

@Mischief: I totally agree. That’s one of the reasons why I left my home state of Florida the only opportunities for me there was retail even with a college degree unless I wanted to be a teacher or be a nurse I pretty much only had the options of working retail.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 14:00:39 )
Totalanimefan:

@Mischief: I totally agree. That’s one of the reasons why I left my home state of Florida the only opportunities for me there was retail even with a college degree unless I wanted to be a teacher or be a nurse I pretty much only had the options of working retail.

Can't blame you tbh, hope you found better work opportunities after moving?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 16:22:17 )

@Mischief: yes I did. I’m about to start an office job at a transit agency and the pay is miles better than what I got paid in Florida. It’s poverty wages down there. What state are you in? I’m in DC now and I love it. Yes it’s more expensive (although the south is getting more expensive by the day) but the pay is much better and my husband and I live car-free. Plus there are a ton of free things to do here.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 18:26:46 )
Totalanimefan:

@Mischief: yes I did. I’m about to start an office job at a transit agency and the pay is miles better than what I got paid in Florida. It’s poverty wages down there. What state are you in? I’m in DC now and I love it. Yes it’s more expensive (although the south is getting more expensive by the day) but the pay is much better and my husband and I live car-free. Plus there are a ton of free things to do here.

Ah nice, great to hear.
And I am not American ha, from UK England.

Everything is expensive here.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 20:29:10 )

@Mischief: sorry for assuming. Just the way you knew about FL made me think you lived in the US.
I used to live in the UK. I went to Uni there. I was in Preston at University. (UCLan)
My husband is also British.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 22:32:36 )
@Totalanimefan: No need to apologise, that is coincidental my boyfriend used to go to that Uni.

What are the changes eh?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/28 16:49:52 )

@Mischief: That's funny. I studied Japanese there. Ngl, it's not that organized of a school lol.
Did you happen to go to Uni? Is he from Preston? We would always call it De-Preston cause of the shitty weather.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/31 12:53:17 )
@Totalanimefan:
Yeah it is, think he studied film and tv.
And no never went to uni, went to college that is about it.

Had parents who wanted me to get a job, and bring money in. So was discouraged from it.
And north west has shitty weather in general, and no he not from Preston.

We both live in the north west though.

Art Portfolio

/Deviant Art
/Tumblr
/Art Instagram
/Twitter

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/31 21:02:32 )

@Mischief: yes the weather in that area sucks lol.
I dated a guy from Blackpool. And my now husband is from just outside of Liverpool but he also lived in Birmingham for 8 years and Preston for 2 (with me) so he doesn’t sound like his from Liverpool. Just more like general northern accent and how add a little bit of American to it lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.