Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:05:46 )

@Borealis: That's good. Can't miss out on the events. There have been a lot of things going on in my life. My dog had to be put down, I went to my graduation for my BA degree, I sold my house, I hosted a small Thanksgiving, my husband became a citizen of the US. So yeah, just non-stop.

@Hydrangea: lol that was a good post. How did you find that airplane lol

@Wildfire: I hope so, the more the merrier. ^^

@Bonnie: Thanks for popping by. I gotta go to the store today to get things to eat. Tomorrow it's supposed to sleet.

@xvz: It's going well. That's cool that you are going to LA but also that's such a long flight! What made you pick LA over other sunny American places?

@Rei Ann: I wrapped gifts this weekend but I need to fill out some Christmas cards. I have them written down in my phone but not on paper yet. What have you been doing?

@star2000shadow: Hey, glad that you made it.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:06:55 )

@Ruby: -hugs- I feel like we haven't chatted much lately. I'm good. Lots been going on in my life, lots of ups and downs and milestones. I mentioned it in the post above if you would like to know. How have you been?

@Trixie Kay: Hey glad you could make it here today. ^^

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:12:08 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah sorry about that xP I've been having more medical stuff pop up so I was absent for a while. I'm feeling better so I'm back to being somewhat active lol

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your dog ;3; I know how hard that is. I lost my soulkitty in 2020 and then his twin brother 2021. We have another kitty now, but it still hurts losing loved ones. Irreplaceable <3
It gets easier at least. It's hard and it takes a while but it becomes the new normal. I'm here if you need to talk about it. I'll never say "it's just a dog". Pets are family <3

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:26:00 )

@Ruby: Oh no that sounds awful. I'm glad that you are doing a bit better now. I think that you are really tough that you do through all that.
Thank you. Pets are family. You live with them and you interact with them daily and you think about them when making decisions. I'm pretty sure all that counts as fam.
Pinto, he was sick for a few years and VERY sick the last week of his life and he was ready, and we were ready, but it was still really sad and we miss him. All of the stress that I had from caring for him is gone but it was all replaced with grief. We had to put him down two days before Thanksgiving.
I'm sorry that you lost your cat. I had a dog that I was very, very close to when I was a kid and went he was gone I felt like I kept looking for him. I would think that maybe certain dogs was that dog reincarnated. Like that was how I could still care for him or how I could say goodbye to him. I also have a cat right now that literally thinks I'm his mom cause I raised him from 10 days ago. He's also very sad about Pinto passing.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:45:02 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: aww I always make it some how haha. even if its only a few posts haha. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:46:08 )

@star2000shadow: I'm glad. ^^ Have you done any of the NPC thread games? I just did Day 2 and Day 3. I was a bit behind.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:51:01 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: had no way to do the maze, so yeah I've done..two so far. and i keep making new winter avis with the EI's just to see if i can haha. <:3( )~~

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:53:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Aww thank you ;3; that means a lot <3 some days can be really hard

Definitely <3 I'm sorry he had a rough few years/end. It's never pretty or easy. We had a tough time with both of ours too. I know that relief of not having to worry about them anymore, but also the guilt and grief that come with that. They know we love them and did the best we could for them and they don't want us to be sad <3 it's hard not to be though and you gotta go thru all the feels, grieve, so that you get it out.

Its hard having more than one pet when you lose one too. Our second cat relied on his brother so much and was so lost without him. It was heartbreaking. He just wasn't the same. I'm glad they got to be together again <3

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 22:33:54 )

@star2000shadow: That maze one was super hard!

@Borealis: Yeah things better calm down soon, but I don't think that they will cause I'm starting a new job in like 2 weeks. And at least some of them are like very rare or once in a lifetime events. :)

@Ruby: I don't think people who are in good health really think about how hard it is to not have good health. I am mostly healthy but I've seen my parents go through shit and I did have a health scare this year with long covid.
I'm sorry you also had to go through that. It must have been so hard for your 2nd cat. I'm glad that I'm not pet-free right now because I don't know what I would do going from a pet that has so many needs to just no pet. That's too jarring. At least I still have another pet to love and care for right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 23:18:35 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: 'blinks' it looked pretty easy. if I had space on my harddrive to download MSPaint I woulda done it haha. <:3( )~~

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 23:54:38 )
ˑؘ ۪۪۫۫Formerly known as ChiffonOrange ۪۪۫۫ ؘ

@totalanimefan: Let's just say I made that up for no reason or maybe 'cause I have no idea how to continue with said post lmao

Also offtopic but cute wintery avatar btw :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 00:46:58 )
@Borealis: Yeah, I wasn't here during the xmas more themed events, so I have nearly zero. This avi is my attempt at an angel one might put on their tree.

@Totalanimefan: I still need to finish cmas cards too. Today we went out and mailed the gifts for out of state family. Then this weekend is the inlaw xmas so been finishing wrapping for that.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 02:00:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I honestly can't remember what it was like to not have health issues xP

Yeah it really was. We did what we could to make him comfortable and gave him lots of love and attention but, yeah. It was hard. He never really recovered. But he's okay now <3 He's in that better place.

No one prepares you for how quiet your house gets when your pet is gone. It's eerie. We still had his brother obvi when our first cat passed, but he was the one following us everywhere and getting into stuff and snuggling and playing. His brother would sleep all day, then want food, then sleep more lol Didn't notice until the energetic one wasn't around. (Also hope it's not too weird I haven't said their names, it's still hard for me to see them written </3)

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 02:17:04 )

@Totalanimefan: the state had some terrible weather today. several places in LA got hit with tornadoes. ;c

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 17:48:17 )

@star2000shadow: My brain is just not good with those haha. I'll see you in the VPD thread? There is a raffle lol

@Hydrangea: Haha you nailed it.
And thank you <3
How have you been? It's been so long since we chatted? And we can also chat in the VPD thread too.

@Rei Ann: Sounds like you are on track. I was going to send the cards out today but it's raining and I don't want to walk to the post office with the gifts and cards in the rain. Tomorrow I can do it. It should be not raining.

@Ruby: Agreed. Your past pets and my dog are in a better place where they aren't suffering. Pinto had a lot of things wrong with him towards the end of his life and I really think he was just done. He was like a shell on his last day.
Yeah the silence might be one of the worst parts and it's not something that you think about until it's there and it hits you. It's ok that you haven't said their names. I wasn't sure if you didn't want to keep this too personal or not. It is a semi-anon kind of place.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 17:53:20 )

@Bonnie: I saw that yesterday and I thought of you. Any happened near you? You and your fam ok?

@Borealis: You look so cute! I feel like you really made that Troll item look nice. OMG you made 40 of them! Damn that must have been a ton of work 0-0
Does your workplace have off for Christmas besides just Christmas Day?
Yeah at least most are positive. I hope that I like the new job and new coworkers. It's been a little while since I worked so I'm going to have to get used to waking up early again lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 20:59:58 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: I saw, I highy doubt I'll get in let alone win haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 21:48:48 )

@Borealis: If I start work around Christmas it would be the same for me. What time does work start for you and what time do you have to leave for work?
@star2000shadow: I think that you are entered into the raffle if you post in that thread. I don't think you have to do any special.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 22:39:23 )

@Totalanimefan: yes luckily they did not hit anywhere near my family or friends. we are all okay. but i am so devastated about the chaos that ensued in multiple areas. as of now there are 3 deaths attritbuted to the storms

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 22:44:58 )

@Bonnie: That's really awful! I saw an article about it on Washington Post. :( I also saw that a mom and son lost their life in TX too :(((((

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.