Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 12:15:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Well I really hope things ease up for you then! Hopefully you'll get a chance to relax and have some fun now that Halloween Month is on the way :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 16:28:17 )

@Alorrena: That sucks about the computer. You guys haven't had good computer luck lately. A hard drive is what storages all the data on your computer, the two kinds are a SSD (better, faster, doesn't break as easily) which is what you want instead of a HDD (mechanical parts, slower, bulkier)
:)
Ok, I will have to do that cause there will be 6 of us. :) I will remember the tip about ice cream and I'm most deff getting boba! I love boba tea.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 16:30:16 )

@SorrowTheMad: True true! And I'll get to relax a bit this week because I finished school on the 1st!!

@Rei Ann: Good to know. I wonder when I will get it? XD
I did get my cap and gown already. I can't believe how quickly that came in the mail.
How's life been? Do you find it easier to get a job after the degree?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 16:39:13 )

@Borealis: That sounds like it was fun! I just spent yesterday playing Animal Crossing lol. But on Sun and Sat I did go out. On Saturday I went to this place called HoneyMoon Chicken and boy was it good! My husband said it was the best fried chicken he had ever had lol

@sailormoon: Glad to see you become a regular here. You enjoying your time on Voltra?

(Sorry for the triple post, had to reply to people on multiple pages!)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 16:44:12 )

@Borealis: Oh yeah, for me it's like a once a while thing, but I couldn't tell you the last time I had fried chicken and I had been wanting to try this place out for months lol. It's a little ways on the train (not horrible, but not short) and then you have to walk about 10 mins through a maybe ok neighborhood. Not the greatest, but the restaurant was clean and felt safe and was totally a great hangout spot for the neighborhood.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 17:49:33 )
@Totalanimefan: thanks for explaining! we ended up getting both, and this morning we installed them but now we're having issues with the reinstall of windows. his friend will have to help him later.

Yes!! My favorite boba they have is either the peach oolong or the lychee oolong. They both come with lychee jellies, but i like to ask for mango popping boba, as well as traditional boba in addition. My husband loved the tiger milk tea, our friends like the strawberry milk tea, and then there's also the super fruit tea that's really good too. There's a lot of options.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 19:55:12 )
✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

@totalanimefan: i am indeed! very glad i stumbled upon this little slice of the internet :3

✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 23:31:17 )
@Totalanimefan: That's the mystery? Ooh what color is your cap and gown? I liked my college cap and gown more than my cc college and highschool ones.

Well I graduated from college back in 2013, and it took me six months to find a job. It was really really hard, because a degree is great, but if you have little work experience, then it's hard to get employed. A lot of entry level jobs when I was looking, wanted years and years of experience. Nowadays, I can find a job easier, heck, recruiters are still emailing me. But there is a labour shortage, so for sure it's good be easier for you to find something. Plus with a degree, that should give you a better leg up on various jobs. Are you looking for a certain field?

I've been okay, today was super bad day for me. Meh.

@Alorrena: Ah gotcha, I use to have eating habits like that. At least I always skipped breakfest, and on weekends, I wouldn't eat until dinner.

My job in person make you do work, but at home, there no phone calls we have to answer, and they don't track us, so like it's way to easy to slack off. Then again, they let us slack off at work, as well. They don't care if play on our phones for a bit. IT's way to lax in certain areas.

I get that, if my job had more people at the office, I would use way more of my time off. I want to stay home and play games or relax, but my husband works from home, so he hates when I stay home. His office is in our living room, as we don't have a spare room for him to use as an office.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 23:55:41 )
@Totalanimefan: -hugs tight- how are you

@Alorrena: i get this habit of my leg going off the bed when I sleep. Hit me on discord now n then. i get so distracted. Giving me a good punch will remind me to log in here n.n

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 00:00:18 )
@Bonnie: i9gotta catch up on stuff too, esp Precure. Rick n' morty started back up, there's that n' American Dad. I mostly need back in anime lol.

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 04:56:26 )
@Totalanimefan: more and more bad luck with computers. We got both the SSD and the HDD installed, and it still didn't fix the issue. Our friend thinks that part of the issue might be because they couldn't locate the old hard drive, so he wants to try to disable it and see if the new one will at that point allow windows to be loaded onto it. If that's the case then we'll be good to go and if not then we will have to take it to best buy. It's still under the manufacturer's warranty, at least, so that's good.

@DreamerZ: I've missed you. I was actually going to message you here in a sec actually lol I wanna rant about my hubby's computer problems lol

@Rei Ann: Yeah, i've had jobs like that in the past, but it was more i was a care giver with downtime, so i could be on my phone or watching tv or something that's not "work." Other than that, this is my first WFH job, so it's interesting. I've done call center work a lot in the last 5 years, but it's still different when you can be barefoot with out worrying about being scolded for being barefoot lol Also the dresscode is nice too because most of my clothes (dresses) aren't business casual, or are just barely not business casual (i hate sleeves. business casual means sleeves. It was a constant struggle), so i would have to wear a jacket or something over my dresses and i hate doing that.

I can understand your husband's dislike for you being home while he's working. I hate when my husband makes loud noises or is distracting in anyway (talking to people and i'm between calls or he's saying wird things cause his friends have odd conversations) so i can understand. Also if your spouse isn't working and you are, it makes you not want to be working so you can hang out with them

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 06:07:56 )
✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

Heya! How's everyone doing tonight?

✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 07:51:16 )
@sailormoon: Hey! I'm well, but i'm about to go to bed lol I have to get up early again tomorrow to see if i can help my hubby with his pc.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 21:39:41 )

@Borealis: Not really the biggest fan of wings, but they can be good. haha
Had a stressful day so far today. My rent renewal went up by like a lot. Like holy shit. Anyway, how are you?

@Alorrena: Oh nice. I love a peach Oolong! I was thinking about getting that one ^^ I hope the computer got fixed.

@sailormoon: I'm glad you did too. I think this is a nice slice of the internet too. I call Voltra by internet home ^^

@Rei Ann: It's Navy ^^
It's kinda ridiculous how many years of exp they want. I applied to a bunch of jobs yesterday but I realized by resume wasn't updated to say that I finished my degree! I already got two places that turned me down cause of it and I feel so dumb. That plus some other stressful news really has me the opposite of relaxed today. I'm looking to be a Contracts Manager, I would also do an HR Generalist job. I'm sorry that yesterday wasn't good for you, what happened? (If you wanna talk about it)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 21:40:23 )

@DreamerZ: Stressed. I found out today that my rent is going up an insane amount.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 22:42:38 )

@Borealis: Yes agreed. It was so ridiculous. I had to work with them to get it down to a 14% increase which is horrible. Way more than I thought I would be paying.
But the lease is only for another 4 months before I am able to move into a condo that I bought that is still being built.
That sucks. At least the day is almost over.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 23:11:22 )
@Totalanimefan: That's a nice cap/gown color.
Right? Like my therapist wants me to find a new job, as she says this one is sucking out my soul, but Like I find trying to find a job a real hassle. At least you heard back from some places. Cause most of the time in my searching, no one responds.

I'm just miffed, that the bossed repaved the driveway, didn't tell us, until late monday night, and was like you can't park here. So I had my husband drive me in, but forgot my building keys, and ended up standing outside in the rain for 40 mintues, but I'm the only one at work, who comes in when the firm opens to the public.

Sorry that things have been stressful for you today, are things better?

@Alorrena: I get that. My job has a very lax dress code, and I ain't jobs that all fussy about what you have to wear.

Well I get why he'd be upset, but like what am I suppose to do when I need downtime? Small houses, make issues like this.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 00:37:49 )
✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

@totalanimefan: i see why ^^ How have you been? Got any fun weekend plans coming up?

✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 00:38:22 )
✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

@alorrena: did you end up helping your hubby? O3O

✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦
👽 Formerly Sailormoon 👽

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 03:45:27 )
@Totalanimefan: its so good! I get one of those two every time we go.

i stayed up way later than i wanted (i got into a converstation with someone while i was looking at his pc) to try to help and ultimately we had to take it to best buy. Manufacturer warranty ended up being pretty much useless- it could take up to a month before the manufacturer would be able to process the claim and even see if it was the fault of the parts, (it was, but that just makes it feel like there's no point in using it unless there's a physical defect.) and then at least another week to get the parts replaced and the pc sent back to us

@sailormoon: tldr- we ended up taking it to best buy while i was on next to no sleep.

@Rei Ann: i never understood dress codes for call center type jobs, and 99% of them have a business casual dress code that doesn't allow for tank tops or strapless or even spaghetti strap shirts/dresses and none of them allow for flip flops (i'm in florida, i'm wearing flip flops, i don't own any other shoes. except for sneakers, and i'm not wearing those every day to work because i already hate them)

I get that. It doesn't help if you don't have a large home. I get why it can be upsetting, but it's definitely not something i'd expect someone to be mad about- you literally can't help it because there's no where else for you to simply exist in your house except your bedroom, but no one wants to be cooped up in their room all day while their SO is working in the livingroom. I know i wouldn't.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.